“DO NOT STAY HERE poor management!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“DO NOT STAY HERE poor management!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Poor management!! The general manager was a rude jerk about everything! He was a grump to everyone in our group and told us when to be in bed and that we couldn't be in the hall! He told a kid with us to not ever use the stairs and other customers were upswing them and embarrassed him by getting on to him in the front desk and told the adult in charge of him! He went off on everyone and is an awful manager his name was tony and I can't believe they have one decent review! This was the worst hotel management I have ever seen! I'm a well traveled person and this guy was the worst I've ever had to deal with and was a grouch and I can't believe comfort suit lets this happen I would we amend staying at another comfort sweet or a different hotel the management at the pigeon forge comfort suit is terrible!!!! Awful experience the only good service person was the lady at night period! Horrible day time manager!! And the shower squeak awful when the water is on and the TVs don't work half the time! Do not stay at this hotel! Horrible horrible time here!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites on Teaster at least 2 times, possibly 3. It's always clean and we've never had a problem. The staff has always been helpful, and it's in the perfect location. Near everything but quiet around the building. The first place we check whenever we go back to Pigeon Forge. The pool and hot tub are great too.

The last times we were there were Jan/Feb 2012 and April 2008

Room Tip: Don't get one behind the awning. We did that once and couldn't see out. Make sure to ask f...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Location, location, LOCATION!!! This place is perfectly situated in the middle of everything, although still far enough back from the parkway to allow you to get away from the hubub. Parking can be an issue when the motel is full, so be prepared to walk around back (not fun in the rain or snow). The room was clean, and I was really impressed by the fantastic breakfast. Best of all, we always received a friendly greeting as we entered and exited the building. The entire staff went way beyond my expectations of service. In fact, I received a call from the front desk one evening to let me know that the overhead dome light was on inside my car in the parking lot---a common courtesy, yes--but greatly appreciated. My only complaints would be the lack of COLD water in the shower--be careful or you could burn yourself on this one! Also, the heat was barely adequate for December in the Smokies--it took most of our first night there to warm the room. The room was reasonably clean with comfortable, although dated, furniture. The bedding was comfortable--standard quality for a Comfort Inn property (although I personally did not like the pillows, my wife thought they were very nice). There were a few broken tiles around the whirlpool tub and the carpet is showing signs of wear....so what!!! This property is an amazing bargain with a beautiful mountain view. Would I stay there again? Unless I can find a better deal, why not? For the price, I know of no other place I like as well (and I've stayed in several local motels in the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area).

Room Tip: I'm told that rooms on lower floors do not experience the lack of cold water for the shower. Ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Decatur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Rooms were large with good views. We were able to get together in one suite to plan our shopping excursions. Management was very helpful and breakfast was delicious. Location was convenient both to multiple shopping areas and to a wide choice of restaurants. We will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is such a nice place, clean and good continental breakfast with a good size dining area. Large lobby and friendly staff too. You "can" walk to some sites and to restruants if the trek down n up the hill is ok for you, at the bottom of the hill is a CVS drug store, that's your place to turn, use it as your landmark :-) the room was big and clean and the Internet connection was fine too for WIFI. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Kannapolis, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were in TN over the Thanksgiving weekend and spent 2 nights in a DUMP! Fed up, I called Choice Hotels reservations and they offered us the last room at this Comfort Suites. While we weren't wanting to check in early, we did have perishable food items that needed to be refrigerated. When I arrived, I asked if I could at least put our food in the fridge so we could spend the day at Dollywood. The staff was extremely accommodating with our request. I am very thankful for that. Our room was on the top floor & in the corner, it was clean and offered the many comforts of a nice hotel. Their breakfast was wonderful. Comfort Suites saved us a lot of grief & headache that our first hotel imposed on us. Thank you all; we WILL be back! :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Tony and Lucy the Operation Managers, day & night respectfully, were so helpful and friendly, the tops in southern hospitality. Our room was clean,bedding & towels fresh, the hotel a 4 star rating in our book, and the beds OH! so comfortable. Tony & Lucy were there to assit us with local information, a great staff. We had a wonderful three night stay. The one thing they could improve on would be fresh pasties at the breakfast bar.

Room Tip: First floor room very large.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!