Couple of positives first--good sized room, nice view of the mountains, always good to have a fridge and microwave, tasty breakfast with hospitable staff in the food room, clean beds.
Now the rest--The rooms in this hotel are in serious need of renovation and repair--wallpaper coming off the walls, water stains on the ceilings and walls, caulk missing in bathtub (and mildew on the remaining caulk), etc. Although the sheets seemed very clean, the rest of the room did not. However, our biggest complaint was with the front desk clerk on duty when we checked in. My wife and three children went up to the room upon check in while I parked the car, and found the door to the room standing wide open. She brought the children back downstairs and said she was unwilling to go into the room without someone checking it first. We were a bit worried about why the door might be open, and who might have been in there between housekeeping and our arrival. When I asked the front desk manager to move us to a different room, he flat out refused, saying there were no other rooms available. He had a terribly nasty attitude. I then asked to speak to the manager, and he called Tony on the phone and proceeded to give Tony a very inaccurate picture of what was happening (e.g., "I offered to go look at the room but the guests refused"). Tony immediately told him to put us in another room. The front desk manager was clearly frustrated by this and continued to say rude things to us about our concerns. Obviously, we will not be staying here again--the combination of having to deal with a surly employee who is not concerned about customer service and the bad condition of the actual room is just too much--no reason to stay here when there are plenty of other hotels available nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Start your vacation off by staying in one of our 76 tastefully appointed suites with all the comforts of home. Virtually all of our rooms have private balconies with breath taking views as this hotel is situated on one of Pigeon Forges highest points. Our ammenties include an outdoor (seasonal) pool, indoor heated pool and hot tub, electronic game room, fitness center, guest laundry and business center. Enjoy our expanded hot continental breakfast complete with scrammbled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit and much much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Comfort Suites Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Comfort Suites