“Timber Tops Cabin Really Good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Pigeon Forge Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Timber Tops Cabin Really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

My wife had to attend a mandatory conference, and it was nearly mandatory that I accompany her. We were able to acquire from Timber Tops Management, the First Love Cabin in the Hidden Springs Resort which is on the same road providing entrance into Dollywood parking. The access road has been reconfigured providing for three lanes into Dollywood, and one lane for Nucumb Hollow Road. We had the cabin for three nights, Wednesday, May 13th through Friday, May 15th for a total of $315 for all 3 nights. The first night I got into the hot tub, and was disappointed by the rather low temperature (probably mid-eighties), and the hot tub had no temperature control-only turning jets on/off, and the light. I called Timber Tops, and Ron said that he would notify maintenance of the problem – if they came, they did not leave any notice of their checking it. We also did not find a hair dryer in the cabin, but Ron said that a hair dryer is not provided. We also had some folks behind us who were rather noisy. It seemed that a cabin close to theirs was occupied by friends and they communicated from their decks in some language that most likely was known only to them. Thursday, I spent the entire morning in the cabin, and discovered that local TV channels were not part of the Dish network package-not a Dish problem-simply not provided by the cabin owner. The afternoon, I was at the pool, and shared it with two couples. The pool is not heated, but is nice as it is an all seasons’ pool. The pool and the area around it were clean. Was not able to use the hot tub that evening as we accompanied the ‘boss’ and other co-workers to the ‘Applewood’ restaurant and stayed over for an ‘employees only meeting’ that lasted until approximately 9 p.m. On Friday, I again stayed in the cabin until lunch, retrieved my wife from her conference, and again used the pool facilities sharing it this time with just one couple. In summary, for the price we paid, it was nice. Most likely, if I will return to Hidden Spring as I like it’s location, I would pick another cabin that has a mountain top view, especially with no cabin behind.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
High Country NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

All I can say is NASTY, I demanded a refund after I entered my room.

• Liked — NOT A THING
  • Disliked — This place should be shut down.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Elizabethtown, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

From: Charles L. CampbellOctober 26, 2007

MEMORANDUM FOR:Howard Johnson, Corp.
Beverley Bowden, GM Pigeon Forge, TN
HotelsCorp.com - Westgate

Subject: Customer Dissatisfaction

Greetings,

I made a reservation through [--] (confirmation #2112344) for a 2-night stay for October 13-15, 2007 at the Pigeon Forge Howard Johnson; however, we departed the next morning. The only reason we didn’t stay the first night was because it was nearly midnight upon our arrival.

Our room # was 109. I must be honest: this is absolutely the worse hotel room I have ever stayed at and we will never again stay at a Howard Johnson Hotel. My wife and I paid $176.57 for a substandard room, one that I would consider less than a 1-star hotel. Since I made the reservation through HotelsCorp.com the front desk clerk couldn’t refund the 2nd night, and checking out on Sunday morning there was no manager on duty. Plus, HotelsCorp was absolutely no help either so I will never use their services again. Plus, I strongly recommend that HotelsCorp should not make customer reservations at the Pigeon Forge Howard Johnson.

Here is my list of discrepancies:
1. The floor wasn’t completely vacuumed, especially behind the chairs.
2. The fitted sheet was on upside-down and there was a grease spot on it.
3. The pillows were horrible (flat, lumpy) and should be thrown away.
4. The mattress was very uncomfortable and should be replaced.
5. The power switch by the door didn’t control anything.
6. The standing lamp knob was missing. You had to plug/unplug it. Plus, upon arrival, the light-bulb was unscrewed.
7. The knob of the light to the right above the dresser was also missing and was inoperable.
8. The right curtain panel is not hung properly. It drooped down and was evidently missing 1 or more hanging hooks.
9. The wallpaper is peeling off throughout the entire room.
10. The fluorescent light over the sink was so dim it looked like a bug light. (That may have been intentional for summer months; but tacky nonetheless).
11. The room had a certain unpleasant odor that I couldn’t identify.
12. The alarm clock was unplugged.
13. The carpet is ripped in a few places and needs to be replaced.
14. There is a bracket for a hair dryer, but no hair dryer.
15. The breakfast coffee bar was at least 1-hour late in opening on Sunday morning, Oct 14th.

I STRONGLY recommend that the GM and maintenance supervisor inspect each and every room together. I also STRONGLY recommend that the Howard Johnson Corp. HQ conduct a no-notice inspection.

Lastly, I request a full refund in the amount of $176.57. Honestly, I feel that $25.00 per night for this room would be too much.

//Signed//
CHARLES L. CAMPBELL
MSgt, U.S. Air Force

Stayed October 2007
OpmanagerTn, Op. Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
All the reviews from 2007 to 2004 are old reviews from before the hotel renovation. PLEASE DO NOT let any of these reviews effect you wanting to chose us for you vacation place to stay. Thank you
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

This is the worst motel we have ever seen It should be torn down and made into a parking lot.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mold, dirt, peeling wall paper, dirty rumpled beds,broken furniture, broken tub faucet, you name it this motel has it and not in a good way!!!. We checked out after one night and did not get back our three night internet advance payment. Don't go here.
Totally Disgusted !!!

South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

My son, daughter-in-law and myself arrived at the hotel about 6pm on Monday, July 16, 2007. When we arrived at the room it was a disaster. The smell was beyond belief, mold was on the ceiling in the bathroom, and there were used condoms under the mattresses on both beds. We also had a do not disturb sigh on the door on Tuesday , the next day, and went out for a while and upon returning we had two labtop computers stolen out of the room. The next day, the two maids quit and now we are out of two labtops. I may not get my computers back but you can be sure when I and my lawyer get through with Howard Johnson Hotel I will distrubite flyers all over SC.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

We visited this hotel in June 07 and the first room they gave us had no A/C . It was also backd up to a "sketchy" looking alley and appeared to be 1000 years old. The second room was better...the A/C worked great, but it wasn't cleaned. We discovered someone else's used soap in the shower, the floor wasn't vacuumed, and there weren't any towels. The beds were made, but that was about it. First apology was at this point. Second day, no maid service. Room wasn't touched. Had to go get supplies for the second time. Third day, we woke up with backs so sore we couldn't move for a few minutes. Went outside and was asked about maid service by the maid. Told him we needed it, he made a notation on a clipboard. I asked him if we had to request it....,responded, "not usually". What??? Came back third day, room clean and had supplies. Woke up fourth morning and couldn't move., Husband was calling bed The Crippler. The floor in front of the sink was perpetually wet and the tub leaked so badly we had to pile towels along the bottom when we took showers. This is definately someplace we will not be staying again and I really feel like they should have paid us to stay there. We definately do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — everything else
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
S.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

This hotel is not a good place to stay! We walked into our rooms.. it had a smell.. the Carpet was filthy! The bathroom had mold all on the ceiling.. we were in Rm 224. Our white soxs were filthy from the nasty carpet. We left to go on some outings.. and when we returned we had our 2 laptops stollen.. the room was destroyed. The maids are very nasty looking and young.. They are the only ones with a key... the police stated that there was no force entry! We lifted up the mattress to see if our laptops were under the bed.. when we lifted it up.. it had USED nasty condoms under it!! So gross!!!! I mean we had my Elderly Mother in Law with us. Nasty Nasty Place! She could have caught a disease! The next day the police went to speak with the maids.. the 2 maids that cleaned our room had quit.. and also the 2 maids over the others had quit. The hotel manager was no help. DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN YOUR ROOM if you stay here.. there maids are THIEFS! This place was so run downed! This place ruined our Vacation. We ended up going down the road.. and paying a little more.. and stayed in luxury! I recommend the Shular Inn in Pigeon Forge, TN!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge - Parkway? Share your experiences!