“Need Update” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Atlanta, Georgia
“Need Update”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Hotel needs renovation-it is old. We could not take a shower due to no hot water. I also had suspicion of possible bedbugs. I wouldnot recommend this hotel. Also, there was an issue with heat in the conference room

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Roslyn,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback regarding your stay at our property. It was our pleasure to host your recent visit and we are sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. The hot water issue you had encountered was due to a mechanical failure of a piece of equipment in the water heating system. As for the other issue that you mentioned we are pleased to report the room tested negative for that particular problem. We appreciate your concern and we thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. We regret to hear you would not recommend our property as we would love the opportunity to rectify this experience and show you what a wonderful hotel our property is.

Holiday inn Pigeon Forge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cleveland,TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel was nice and clean. It is alittle dated but comfortable. The heat really cranks up in the room so we had to turn it off but hey the heat worked. I used the fitness room. The machines are old but I got a workout in. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Addiene,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. Our team works tirelessly each day in order to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable, and relaxing environment. We are committed to making every part of your stay enjoyable and if it's not, for any reason, we want to know about it! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had got this on priceline and when we arrived the customer service was very great LeAnn moved some things around to get us in a king room. We enjoyed out stay tho the only thing that may need future attention is to update the pool area completely some cosmetic issues but nice heated saltwater pool and hot tub

• Stayed February 2014
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Administrator at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear SheenaD22,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Having the best Customer Service in our industry is our highest priority each and every day. We will pass your compliments on to the rest of our team. The issues you mentioned will be passed to our management team for review. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Hotel was very good, also was in a good location. Stayed there for 3 nights. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Just minutes away from everything. Went there for a ski weekend trip and absolutely loved it. The waitress Sheri was very nice and professional, also was very helpful with any questions that were asked of her. The front desk staff was also very helpful. It was 3 of us in a room and we had plenty of space.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Cathy B,
Thank you for your taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled you loved your stay with us. I will share your compliments about Sheri with her and our management team. Sheri will appreciate this. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again,
Vicksburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was just in Pigeon Forge for Snowmagedon 2014. I was trapped in this hotel for quite some time since everything in the town was closed. The lobby was warm and inviting and the conference area was very nice. It had apparently just been remodeled. I certainly hope they are planning to remodel the rooms soon. The bed was comfortable but the bathtub was old and had been painted at the bottom and the heater/ air conditioner did not work. The staff was friendly and my housekeeper did an excellent job with clean up every day. The pool looked nice although I didn't have a chance to use it. All in all the hotel was nice but the rooms need major updates.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Southerncharming,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit with us. We are pleased your overall experience here was nice. I have shared your compliments regarding our friendly staff and our services with our management team. I have also expressed your thoughts on the guest rooms and the updates you have suggested with our management team. We look forward to serving you again.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is an okay hotel. The rooms are big enough and clean. The common areas are condusive to relaxation and the indoor pool and hot tub area, while a bit dated are large and bright. Nearby to eat are Cheddar's, J.T. Hannah's, Shoney's and a Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar all within walking distance. I mention these because I cannot recommend that anyone patronize the restaurant housed within the hotel. The food is sub standard at best and the service is a nonexistent atrocity. This was my second stay in this hotel. Exactly one year ago I attended the same function , held in the same hotel. The two constants. I had a good time with good friends and the crappy waitstaff at this hotel restaurant. This is the only place where instead of a menu the waitress just tells you with a bad attitude and condescending tone how much everything costs as if the price of the meal were coming out of her pocket.
This is the first place where the hostess approached each entering customer with pursed lips and crossed arms as if she were engaged in some much more important task(perhaps finding a cure for cancer or unlocking the secrets of cold fusion) and you have disturbed her. Shame on you!!
The one time I ate here left a horrible taste in my mouth, not the food the staff. These people keep an okay hotel from being a good hotel, but I guess if they were really skilled they wouldn't be here....still.

Room Tip: Heated Pool! Nearby eateries: Cheddar's J.T. Hannah's (great food and service, Thanks T...
Dear Montessorigurl,
Thank you for your review. We respect and appreciate our guest’s feedback. I am sorry your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory. We are a full service hotel with a full service restaurant on site and we are sometimes mistaken as a limited service hotel with a continental breakfast. We like to make sure our guests are aware of this before they get a ticket for their meal. We make every effort to accommodate our guests and educate our guests about things to avoid any unexpected charges. I have shared your comments regarding our staff’s attitude with our Food & Beverage Director. Thank you for staying with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Good Hotel Bad Restaurant.... Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, TN

This was my second stay at the hotel with the exact same result!

Good hotel with all the amenities however it is over shadowed by the poor service, bad attitudes and general rudeness of the Restaurant Front of the House Staff!

Example: Hostess are not friendly and act as if you have ruined there day by coming to the restaurant.

Example: The Servers want to tell you the price of everything as if you can afford the $90 average rate per night, but can not afford the $12.99 breakfast.

Example: I ran into the Chef at the breakfast bar he asked me if I was finding everything OK. I told him I did not see toast. He told me to ask my Server for toast. I asked my Server for 2 slices of Wheat toast and she told me toast was not available.

Like I said this was my second time dealing with these people. Lack of professionalism, pride in work and poor Customer Service will keep me from ever spending another penny in the restaurant. Therefore I could not recommend the hotel to anyone I know!

Room Tip: Don't eat at the restaurant! Go to the Shoney's or Cheeders both around the corner!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear billcollins,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your recent restaurant experience was less than satisfactory. Your comments regarding our restaurant team has been shared with our Food & Beverage Director, to be resolved. We work hard daily to provide the best customer service. If you prefer to speak with someone on our management team regarding these issues, feel free to call us direct at 865-428-2700 or email us at hi.pgftn@cooperhotels.com. Thank you for your recent stay with us. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Social Media Director

Been to Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!