“Ordinary Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Ordinary Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The check in process was easy and pleasant, the staff were friendly, and since I am Platinum status with IHG I was offered a 2pm check out without even asking for one. My room was upgraded to one of the largest hotel suites I can remember staying at in recent times. There was a huge room with a king bed, and another huge room with a kitchen, pull down king bed, and another bathroom. Clearly two large rooms had been provided to me to form a pretty impressive sized suite.

Of course when you make a suite this way, the bathrooms are usually very small as was the case here. Also I got an internal room with no view of the outside. I generally object to this concept in hotels. After all without a view of the mountains, I could be anywhere in the world. It just seems odd to build a hotel in the Smokies and then design it some some of the rooms had no view.

The room itself was getting a little dated in places in terms of decor and furniture. Of course with no natural light, and still using the old school light bulbs it makes everything dull and drab looking.

As I sit in the room, I have no idea if it is raining outside, if it's sunny, how hot or cold it is, and frankly without a clock I would have no way of knowing what time of day it is but for the smell of bacon and eggs wafting up from the restaurant below.

So I guess on the plus side, this room could fit a large family wanting to take in the joys of Pigeon Forge. But for me not having a window significantly downgraded my experience.

In all fairness though, there are some really trashy hotels in this town, at least this one was clean and in reasonable condition. HD TV and decent sized televisions with good picture. Internet fast enough to stream movies even during peak hours. So I guess all in all, it wasn't all that bad.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with an exterior view. Otherwise your room will be dimly lit and borin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnPF, Social Media Director at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear ZCT808,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Priority Club Member. We are so happy we could honor the request we recieved from your reservation for an upgrade to our Two Room Suite. As the hotel has only two of the suites, there are no exterior facing windows. During your next stay, it will be our pleasure to provide a great room with a great view.

Candis M.
Social Media Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The pictures online are very deceiving! We received this room for "free" from Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Me and my fiancée both agreed it wasn't up to par, even for a free nights stay. The cleanliness of this room was beyond atrocious. The shower looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in many visits and there were stains on every piece of furniture in the room. This holiday inn was by far the worst I one I have ever visited.

• Stayed May 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Trip103,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It is with regret that you did not enjoy this most recent visit due to the condition of the room you were given. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and we will use them to consider upgrades needed at our hotel.

Again, thank you and I regret the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Johnson City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed because of a seminar. The pictures I saw online looked great. The pictures are a little deceiving. We had a fireplace, jacuzzi room, room 200. The room was a little worn, wood coming off the bathroom door. There was a dead bug in bath upon arrival. The fireplace didn't work. I brought this to their attention at the desk and was given a $50 refund. They did get the fireplace working. The workout room is small and you have to go to the desk to get the remote to the TV. There are plenty of areas in lobby and halls to congregate and visit or play cards. Our room had 2 separate sink areas which was nice. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator. The room was huge. It only had a chir and ottoman. It needed a sofa. They do have a business center where you can print anything for free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear srjpJohnsonCity,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
DOVER
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have stayed at many holiday inns before, and this by far is one of the yuckiest hotels I have ever stayed at. We travel a lot, and my husband had a seminar at the holiday inn convention center, so we stayed here, in fact we r still here, leaving tomorrow, can't wait.the outside is pretty, the pool area is pretty, then u get to the room, our room is old and run down, I felt like I had stayed at nicer hotels off the interstate for 30.00, the shower was so nasty I would not get in it. Also, when we checked in I asked the front reception , who had a manger tag on, to purchase single day tickets to dollywood for my daughter and I. She rang me up, and I thought the total sounded a little high. When I got up to the room, I got on dollywoods website and she overcharged me 10.00 bucks, so I went right back down with tickets in hand and iPad with prices of dollywood tickets and confronted her, she said I sold u two day tickets, I told her I did not want two day tickets, I told her single day tickets, she said sorry, it's already done, what a unprofessional way to do business!!! Don't stay here, everyone I talked to in my husbands seminar was saying how nasty this place was!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnPF, Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear CAROL L,
I am sorry your stay with us was less than pleasant during your husband’s seminar. The issues with your sleeping room and our staff members have been addressed with the appropriate departments. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you will stay again in the future.

Candis M, Social Media Director
Plymouth, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice hotel off the main road. Very clean, quiet and looked to be newly updated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We are very picky about the kind of hotels we stay at. If they are not clean and not what we expect we will not stay. We would stay here again without question. We did not use the pool area during our stay, but it looked very nice. The only thing this hotel did not have that most hotels we stay at have was a free breakfast. They have a restaurant in the hotel that looked very nice, but it will cost you. Other than that, we had a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear lablover8_11,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in knowing that our guests are happy and comfortable during their visit with us. Your review will be shared with our entire team so they know they are appreciated. We look forward to your return visit with us soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The indoor pool (a deciding factor in which hotel we stayed) was dirty. There was brown grime on the walls from water level up, that could be scraped off. The bottom of the pool felt dirty as well. The temp of the pool was warm, but did not want to get in it again due to the cleanliness, although there did seem to be a large amount of chlorine in the pool.
The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable and appeared to be clean. There was a large flat screen tv, a microwave, and a refrigerator that were all nice to have. The cream colored curtains had some kind of large brown stain on them. The coffee pot looked and felt dirty and we did not use it. On the last day we were there, the shower lost pressure to the point that it went completely out and I had to turn it off and attempt to turn it back on and it was not putting out very warm water as well. Overall, disappointed with the stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear sunnythefish,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We have taken necessary actions to make sure our swimming pool and other areas throughout the hotel are clean, and we are continuing to keep it clean. We would love a little more feedback from you regarding the curtains, water pressure and coffee pot in your sleeping room during your stay so we can act upon these issues as well. Please feel free to contact us at info@4lodging.com at your convenience.

Sincerely
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Wonderful service! The staff was ver accommodating, rooms were clean & we actually checked in before the check in time! Nice pool & hot tub. Breakfast bar had a great variety. I would recommend this hotel. It is vey modern, but with a down home country feel you'd expect from pigeon forge.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear by and i1990,
Thank you for your review. Your wonderful words have been passed to every department in our hotel to share with all of our team members. We hope you continue choosing Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge for your lodging needs.

See you soon!
Candis M. Social Media Director

Been to Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!