“Bed Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Crossville, Tennessee
“Bed Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed 10 nights for the Shades of the Past and the Grand Rod Run. Earl is a nice man. Rooms needs updated. You need to bring spray with you the beds are infested with bed bugs! The housekeeping staff was made aware of the infestation and nothing. We had to buy more spray the leave the room for 4 hours. Wasn't offered another room until the 9th night of our stay. The housekeeping and front desk clerks was made aware of the matter and all that was said was, " We have industrial strength spray we will spray and change the sheets". I was eat up with bed bug bites. The carpets was nasty, bathroom was dirty, showers and ceiling had mold, no water pressure at all, mini frig finally cooled our drinks on day 7, sheets hadn't been changed in weeks, towels was stained, toilet was broken, and the plug ins didn't work. Yes, we ask for another room to no avail, not that there wasn't any extra rooms just they didn't want to fool with it.
The bugman said heat was the only way to rid yourself from the bed bugs. So, we had to go to the laundry mat put everything in the commercial dryers for 20 min., dryers had to be at least 115 degrees to kill the bugs. Had to dry shoes, clothes, belts, bags, everything we had then wash everything in HOT water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
RIVERVIEW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for 7 days and was good for money charged. Only thing was room was not worth increase on weekend days. Price all most doubled and service was same. all motels do that but I don't agree as usually you get less service on weekends. so why increase rooms except they know they have you. people working their were very nice and helpful. rooms do need to be updated very old .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed two nights at this place during Memorial Day weekend. We stayed in room 201. The location was convenient. The gentleman at the front was very nice. The place was cost efficient. That's where it stops. THE HAD BED BUGS!!! It was a pet friendly room so I figured maybe fleas at first. The beds were not very clean. The sheets on one of the twin beds had a blood stain smear, what I thought was a baby roach(probably a bed bug), and stains in and on the sheets of the bed. On of the pillow cases and a yellow tint and smelled like people had been drooling on it. The chair and ottoman were dingy with stains. I don't expect much for a cost efficient motel. However I do expect a thoroughly clean room with working plumbing at the minimum. The mattress and curtains were probably as old as the motel. After the first night I thought I got bites from hiking. The second night I woke up and was severely itching and scratching. I got up to take a shower and saw in the mirror that I had bites everywhere from top to bottom. My back and arms looked ridiculous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at Green Valley. Earl, the manager was an extremely nice man, was a pleasure to meet him. The motel however, needs updating and definitely needs real housekeepers. The carpets and tile had not been swept, there was debris from what looked like several prior guests. Cob webs in nearly every corner. Dirty light switch covers. Coffee pot was filthy...luckily theres a Pilot within walking distance with good-hot coffee.
Now for the Bad points: I pulled down the bedspread to find fresh blood stains on the underside, not a drop or 2, but the size of twice my hand. The other bed appeared to be okay. One of the bath towels had blood stains all over it... obviously used during "that time of the month".
We stayed anyway, as we are both disabled and exhausted from our 6 hour drive to get there, but we won't be staying there again. Time to start RVing... at least we will know we don't have filth to deal with.
I managed a hotel in Ohio for several years, and would never have allowed a guest to walk into a room that looked as bad as room 108.
Shame on Green Valley "housekeepers".... you are costing the owner to possibly lose his business simply because YOU are LAZY.
Hint for travelers: Always travel with Lysol.... spray everything that you will touch... especially the tv remote... they are dirtier than the toilet. Hint for housekeepers: Hydrogen peroxide will remove a blood stain, if you soak it before washing and drying.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before paying, don't be afraid to pull the bedspread down.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The green Valley Motel in Pigeon Forge is an older motel and one shouldn't expect some of the frill's of newer establishments-however it was clean and modestly priced and convenient to the main drag. The hotel manager Earl was most gracious and when I asked him If there were coffee makers in the room-He said yes-but they don't provide the coffee-then he said something that made it make sense-"WE have refrigerators -but they are not filled with food either":) This is a good value for any budget conscious traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Siloam,Nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Office staff very friendly & nice but cleaning staff not so much. Room needs updated & deep cleaned very bad. Housekeepers were sitting outside of rooms smoking & they left our clean washclothes laying on a chair outside our door in the open for whoever to touch them. Room had a smell to it to. Beds not comfortable & bed linen needed updated. Ok for 1 night but not for more than that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

had a great stay with you, Delores the desk clerk was so very helpful, and I got to have my pets with me, well worth it to me, as I am on a fixed income. the pool was great and clean, clean room and it was fine. I asked for cofffee and she even told me if I needed anything after midnight just knock on her door and she would help me with whatever I needed.

Room Tip: room 110 is perfect if you have pets with you as the area to walk them is just around the corner, so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Green Valley Motel? Share your experiences!