With the Days Inn name we expected a clean, decent room. We knew the property was under renovation and expected a "dated" room. What we got was a filthy room with carpet separated from the tile, wallpaper border tacked up with pushpins, a bathroom light full of dirt and bugs, black mold growing on the bathroom walls, a hair in the refrigerator, what we think was a potato chip in the dresser draw, and a chair that did not appear to have ever been cleaned (based on the dirt we wiped off of it). The tile was dirty, the carpet felt "sticky", the curtains were no longer hanging correctly, and the light shades were cracked and splattered with what we think was paint. We are not "picky" people and don't expect spotless. We do expect clean. This is the first time in all our years of travel that we went out to buy cleaning supplies for a motel or hotel room. While the front desk was friendly and helpful, the housekeeping (and therefore management?) was sorely lacking. We found out that this used to be a Family Inn and is being renovated as a Days Inn. We don't think the Days Inn name should have been put on this property until it was complete. The motel where we normally stay was booked and chose this motel because of the reputable name. We were extremely disappointed and won't stay at this property again. Had a vacancy been available at another motel close by, we would have left. We did not report the filth because after having to ask for fresh towels and additional toilet paper (which should not have to be requested), we didn't feel it would have helped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location! Located next to Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge on the Parkway within close proximity to the area's best restaurants, attractions, theaters, outlet malls and Dollywood Theme Park. Oversized guest rooms offer your choice of one king or two queen beds and special value amenities including FREE Hot continental breakfast. All rooms are equipped with mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. For those who must stay connected or the need to mix a little business with pleasure, you will find a spacious work desk in your room with access to FREE High Speed Wireless Internet and FREE local calls. An outdoor pool is available along with ample parking easily accommodating tour buses, vans and oversized vehicles. Group planners enjoy Trip Rewards points which can be used toward stays at all Wyndham hotels and many national retail chains. You can even take a short Trolley ride to even more attractions. Whether you choose to relax or stay busy this is where you want to stay. We look forward to serving your lodging needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Days Inn Pigeon Forge South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Family Inns Of America - East Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Family Hotel Of America
- Family Hotel Pigeon Forge