“Tennessee Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chipley
“Tennessee Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I took our son to visit the Gatlynburg / Pigeon Forge area for our summer vacation. We rented a cabin for our visit and after a MISERABLE 3 days we left and called the Best Western Rewards line (We had plenty of points saved from other BW visits) and arranged to stay the remainder of the week at Best Western Toni Inn in Pigeon Forge. I am SO happy we called and got out of the old, run down cabin that was not relaxing and went to The Best Western Toni Inn. Our stay was more than enjoyable, it saved our vacation! The entire experience from front desk staff, to the breakfast attendant, to the grounds people were so nice and pleasant! They had 2 pools which was so nice. The one inside was perfect for the days when the 92 degree heat was too much to sit in for long....my son played his heart out with other children visiting. I highly recommend this hotel and we plan to stay their on our next trip to the mountains!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Hazel Green, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have to admit that I was very pleased with our room at BWToni Inn! We had a room with 2 queen beds and the bedding was very clean and comfy! The room had a microwave (we didn't use) and a small refrigerator which worked great. We didn't have time to use the pools, but saw lots of people enjoying them. The indoor pool is small, but they have a larger outdoor pool. I was impressed with our room for the price--only about $100 per night in the middle of June. We would definitely consider staying here again. :)

baileysville, wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Pleasant experience. I had stayed at this motel around 20 years ago. Nice then, as well as, present. 2 pools and a hot tub. Indoor/outdoor pools. Nice, clean rooms

Room Tip: None at this time
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel back in 2006 and it wasn't too shabby so when my friend and I decided to go to the Smokies this past October I figured we'd stay at the Best Western Toni Inn since I had stayed before, plus it was rather cheap.

When we arrived at the hotel, I noticed it had aged a lot in the last 5 years. I'm a fan of Best Western's but this one had gone down hill. All we did was sleep so it wasn't so bad, but the rooms need a face lift.

It does offer a nice indoor pool though. Breakfast was alright. You pretty much get what you paid for. Next time I'll stay elsewhere to get more bang for my buck!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you love your family and want to have a pleasant experience..DO NOT STAY HERE. Our bed was as hard as a brick, we were stuck right out side the indoor swimming pool so the noise was horrible until we hours in the morning, the outlet in the bathroom outlet didnt work and the breakfast was horrid with no place to sit. If I could score this one a ZERO I would... terrible, just plain terrible. Once I brought this to the attention of the front desk, I was told to take it up with Best Western, so if you stay here and have the same experience then you get what you deserve. You've been warned.

Room Tip: do not stay here - you will be sorry
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternToniInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Toni Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
The Best Western Toni Inn strives to provide the accommodations for an exceptional stay. For example, we try our best to balance the needs of those families here to have a good time with those that are here for the quiet. We try to provide beds for those who prefer a firm mattress and those who prefer a softer one by having both . We are fortunate to be a busy property and sometimes the breakfast area can be a little crowded at certain times.

Every guest's satisfaction is important to us and we use all feedback given to us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.

I hope everyone will consider staying with us so that we can provide all with a superior experience.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 3-night anniversary trip to Pigeon Forge. This was our first visit to this hotel, as well as to the entire area.

Our first impression was the friendly staff that greeted us at the check-in counter. The check-in process was quick and easy. The check-in form asked us to select one of three housekeeping options: No housekeeping, Daily trash and fresh towels only, or Full daily service. We chose "No housekeeping." (This was to prove quite handy later, when we got to our room and discovered that we did not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign, which is how we normally indicate that we do not want housekeeping services when we travel.)

When we pulled our car into a parking space and got out, we were almost immediately greeted by one of the housekeepers! A few minutes later, another housekeeper also said "Hello" and asked if we needed any help. All of this was before we had even reached our room. The friendliness of the staff at this hotel is definitely a big plus.

Our room was clean, except for the bathroom floor. We were given a room with a fireplace (without requesting it), but the weather was too warm for us to use it. Our room had a connecting door to the next room, and when the folks in that room were talking or watching TV, we could hear the sound pretty clearly, which meant that they could probably hear us, too. We put a towel down along the bottom of the door, although I don't think that made much of a difference. We always travel with a small air purifier for white noise, so when we turned that on, it helped to drown out the sounds of our neighbors. But they could probably still hear us. The frig worked well, but the microwave was a big disappointment. It powered on just fine, but the rotating ring and glass plate seemed to have come from a different microwave and did not properly rotate. We removed the ring and tried using only the plate, but not having anything to sit on, it could not rotate without the ring, either. Thus, we were not able to make microwave popcorn. This is not a huge deal, but it is one of those little things that you just expect to work. The mattress was fairly comfortable, but the pillows were square, very small, and nearly flat. If I stayed here again, I would definitely bring my own pillow.

There are two pools, indoor and outdoor. We did not bring swimsuits so did not use the pools. But the pools and hot tubs all looked well maintained and inviting. We did enjoy sitting at the tables and chairs by the indoor pool, where we ate a couple of lunches and snacks.

The daily breakfast seemed to be the same each morning. The menu included make-your-own waffles, toast, bagels, sweet rolls, cold cereal, canned fruit, hard-boiled eggs, and biscuits and gravy. The food was not all that great. The hard-boiled eggs were frozen, coated in ice. The condiments (cream cheese, etc.) were not adequately stocked. The biscuits and gravy lacked flavor.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby, many within walking distance. There is also a trolley stop at the hotel, so if you don't want to drive, you can get around town by riding the trolley.

Overall, this hotel was not terrible, but it was not outstanding. We paid a fairly good price compared to other area hotels, so I am sure that we got what we paid for. The next time we are in the area, we may or may not stay here again. We would definitely compare and consider other hotels alongside this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was our fourth visit to this hotel. It is centrally located to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The Fun Time Trolley stops in front of the hotel. Park your vehicle and enjoy the ride at a very economical price. The room was clean and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast offerings are
fantastic and the staff are very eager to please in any/every area. They have wireless access and also a guest computer in the lobby. Can't say enough about how much we always enjoy our
stay at the Toni Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Toni Inn? Share your experiences!