“Once enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 85 Attractions in Pigeon Forge
Type: Mountains
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: ZORB Smoky Mountains is the original location in the United States where you can participate in globe riding - the sport of rolling down a hill in a large inflatable ball! Safety is our first priority, so there are minimum age, height, and weight requirements. Call for more information! Dive head first into one of our 12' globes and prepare for the ride of your life! Dare to Experience ZORB!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Byron, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
“Once enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Wow is this thing expensive! It really should be half the price, but it is checked off our bucket list. Btw wet ride is much better than dry! Happy rolling!

Doha, Qatar
3 attraction reviews
“Super fun, unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped in Pigeon Forge just for this experience and I'm so glad we did. Yes, it's a little expensive but I do think it's worth it b/c it's such a unique adventure that you can only do in a few places. My husband and I each did the 3 ride package which includes 1 dry single run, 1 wet single, and 1 wet double. The dry one was my least favorite but mostly because the rides with water are so much more fun. I thought it would go by fast but when you're inside it actually feels like a long ride (maybe too long for my taste). My zorb actually bounced up and down the hill instead of just rolling so it was a little scary at times. I didn't feel sick in there exactly, but it was rougher than I expected.

The single wet ride was great because you go down a zig-zag course instead of straight down. I laughed the whole way down, splashing around in the water was hilarious. It was a definite improvement on the dry zorb. But, by far the best one was the double ride with water, it's just more ridiculous when you have someone in there with you. I thought we'd be bumping into each other on the way down but you somehow just slide together around the zorb as it's rolling. It feels like you're on a super fast water slide, it's seriously one of the best things I've ever done.

The staff was awesome- very friendly, energetic, and reassuring when you're feeling cautious about doing something crazy. We got there right when it opened so we didn't have to wait at all, and by the time we finished there was quite a crowd so get there early. Bring towels, a change of clothes and a USB drive so you can save (purchase) your photos. They take way more photos than you need and it's a little pricy but we were happy with them.

Visited May 2013
san antonio, Texas, USA
23 attraction reviews
“pricey but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

this is the neatest ride ever. took wife + 9 kids (teens to 8 month old). My 8 year old and older kids got to go so it was pricey, but the ride is absolutely cool. My wife and I did it too.

we all did the zydro and I had 1 teen in the zorbit. we all enjoyed it. coolest feeling.

note: make sure you bring a coupon for each person. they won't let you use the same coupon for multiple people.

also, it would be nice to be able to pre-fill the forms online and not do it there.

Visited July 2013
“Different & fun, but pricey & quick!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I took my kids (15 & 8) & they rode in the wet ride & they enjoyed it very much. It was raining, but still had fun & I so got a kick out of watching them. Definitely bring change of clothes. Also, bring your wallet! It was over $60 for them ($30 a piece if they ride together). Would be well worth it for a 2nd ride for the money. But, it was a unique experience & I would take them to that over some of the other themed activities any day. The staff was just ok...they all looked like they wanted to be somewhere else & not very customer service oriented.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
11 attraction reviews
“New Mgmt - experience got even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've reviewed the Zorbing here before, but I wanted to give a shout out to the amazing staff, Jordan & Rachel, who helped us out this weekend. It has been two years since we last went and I was surprised when only a few of my family members wanted to go again this year. It ended up being myself, my boyfriend & my two cousins. Definitely a smaller group, but that ended up being better. Our experience this time was a thousand times better (even though I gave it a 5 star review last time, which should tell you something!) Part of it was the amazing staff & part of it was luck. Last time it was crowded, humid & overall exhausting, but tons of fun. This time we went later in the day when it was almost empty, it was slightly overcast and hot, but not humid.

We went in a group of 3 for the Zydro (the water ball) and 1 in the dry Zorb. The person in the dry one ended up not having fun (though she tells me she did two years ago) and our Zydro group of 3 had a blast! I, as usual, had difficulty diving into the ball, but eventually all 3 of us were slipping and sliding around the ball as it rolled down the hill. We convinced our dry partner to join us & ended up going down in balls of 2 twice more. While she enjoyed the dry in the past, she says that the Zydro balls are more fun. Especially when we ride with friends. My boyfriend & I also got a few awwwws when he hugged me the whole way down - so couples have fun!

What you need to know: (About the Zydro ride, because I don't recommend the dry ride)
-Wear a swimsuit or bring a change of clothes - they have clean bathrooms to change in.
-Expect to get wet! And bring a towel.
-Know that, as with any physical activity, you could possibly hurt yourself (I got a road rash on my hip the one time I successfully jumped in, but in the two times I've been there with my family I'm the only one who got hurt at all!) so definitely ask the staff if you have any concerns.
-It doesn't matter if it is overcast or raining - don't go when it's humid though! The balls only make it more humid.
-If you have friends or family who are willing - try going down with one or two of them at least once! I promise you won't regret it.

I plan on Zorbing every time I come back to visit. I know that they have new management & it does seem better organized than it was a few years ago. Definitely give it a try! It is a unique experience that you don't regret!

The only downside was that their photo capability was temporarily down, but since they weren't busy they were happy to take a group photo or two of us!

P.S. If they don't put clean water in the ball - ask for it! After speaking to the employees this time, I realized that this is their normal policy and I should have asked about it two years ago.

Visited June 2013