“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Centerville, Ohio, Usa
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great value here for the money. In Pigeon Forge on the end closest to Gatlinburg, not the fanciest available but certainly well worth the rate we paid. The Old Mill is right around the corner (a MUST for lunch), 10 minute drive to Gatlinburg. Take Veterans Blvd to avoid heavy traffic and this hotel ends on the corner of 441 - very easy to get to. We will book here again next time we come.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Westland, Michigan, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 days while visiting family in area. Found room to be very comfortable and well equiped with a fireplace and whirlpool tub. Was disappointed with breakfast area. The tables were so sticky that everything was sticking to them. The cereal was stale, there was no syrup for the waffles, and I had to go in the back area to find the attendant (leaning on a table, talking on her cell phone). Our next suprise was finding black mold around the jets in the whirlpool tub on our 2nd nite. So much for a nice relaxing soak. Reported the mold at check out time and all I got was a "Sorry".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for a long weekend in early February, and had a great time. The property is toward the Gatlinburg end of Pigeon Forge, convenient to Dollywood and the Dixie Stampede and scores of restaurants. Three stories tall, with exterior corridors.

Check-in was easy. My room was spotless. Recently updated, super clean, very large compared to a lot of newer properties. I enjoyed the large jetted bathtub, and even on the third floor, there was plenty of water pressure for a good shower. I opted for the minimal cleaning (and I appreciate being given that option on check-in), basically got clean towels each day and left it at that. I was treated well, and the desk was staffed 24 hours despite it being a very slow weekend for them. The fireplace and a/c worked. The room has a fridge. The large bathroom was very clean, the tile looks new.

The elevator works, doesn't make any scary noises. There is a free breakfast each morning, but it didn't fit with my schedule. Parking seems ample, but permits are issued on check-in. Security noticed my unlocked car and asked me to lock it, which I thought was great.

I would totally stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't see a lot of difference in the rooms, I think I'd be happy with any of them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Leiters ford,IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Made reservation late,ask for adjioning rooms,2 adults and 6 grandkids,was told could not garnantee.We arrived before check in time,3 hours,was not a problem.got check in early, rooms where ready and they were adjoining rooms and only 4 doors away from the indoor pool. My wife and I and grandkids ages 6-16 years old, all enjoyed the 4 days there, everything was great .staff was also wonderful .We will tell others .Thanks

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and the nice comments. I am glad to hear you and your family had a great experience with us. We look forward to hosting your future stays to the Pigeon Forge area.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at this motel December 19-23, 2012.
During this time.... the commode backed up twice....and the commode handle broke. The plumber made three trips to fix this. The new commode handle was so hard to turn, we flushed by removing the top of the commode. There were a couple of other minor things I will not mention. Each time they came to fix something, we thought that was the end of our probems so we did not pack up and move to another room. Big mistake. Upon checking out, I asked for a discount and they said no, they could not help that we had plumbing problems, they could only come and fix them. After MUCH conversation, they finally gave me a $20.00 discount for the four days we stayed there. Needless to say, our Christmas vacation would have been better spent somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had encountered during your stay with us. This kind of issue can happen at any property any time which is why we have maintenance personal staffed all of the time. Because of your concern I did have our chief of maintenance go through that room and everything checked out perfect. Room 123 is great. Thanks you again for staying with us and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Sneedville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Upon arrival, we ask for a room with a fireplace, an upgrade, (Thought that came along with status) even though no one was in it, the lady would not give it to me on my points. Now, I told her that my husband was platinum status or diamond whatever. I also told her that he had stayed in enough BW.s to have the best room in the hotel! He travels with his job and racks up lots of points. We stayed at a Choice Hotel the next weekend. We have stayed at this BW. many times. Not sure if I will go back there. May start staying at Choice. They treated us very nice!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Best Western Plaza Inn. I am so glad to hear that you earned a free night stay with your points. Thank you for being a Best Western Rewards Member. Typically properties will allow their regular or standard rooms to be used for the free nights. We here at Best Western Plaza Inn will allow guests to upgrade to our Mountain View rooms for their free night also. Any additional upgrades we basically charge the difference between the room you had reserved and the suite you would like to move into. Thank you again for staying at the Best Western Plaza Inn and we look forward to you coming back

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!