“Our stay was "alright".” 3 of 5 stars

Country Hearth Pigeon Forge
Country Hearth Pigeon Forge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   117 Pinoak View Dr, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #83 of 93 hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Our stay was "alright".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight trip. It was just "okay". The staff is hard to understand because they don't speak fluent English, that made check-in kind of difficult. They said because they just re-opened they had a "cash only" policy which was annoying because I was expecting to have cash for spending money and use my card at the hotel. We were the only ones at the hotel staying that night so everything was very quiet and peaceful. The breakfast in the morning was only waffles so we ate out instead. When we went to take a shower the water had a brownish color when the water first came on, I guess since they had been closed all winter. Also there is no pool so if you were looking for a place with a pool this is not for you! All in all we had an alright experience. It's nothing fancy that's for sure, it wasn't a horrible trip, but next time I think we will try another hotel. The cost of the hotel was only $40 for one night so I guess we got a pretty good deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

In spite of and in fact, due to, the negative reviews on this inn, I checked out the room before checking in. The room was neat, clean, free of any objectionable conditions. The walls are solid and no noise came in from other rooms. By being up on the side of a hill, there was no highway noise like so many others. The wifi was fine and nearby hotels also had their wifi open, giving a choice of signals. When a storm caused the power to go off briefly, a guest at the hotel reset the router for the manager who was unfamiliar with how to do it. If one wants a great free breakfast, please find another place to stay, but the low price available here allows anyone to eat where they please, all day, with the savings. This place is older, thus it even still uses "keys" for the rooms, but the fridge is small and ice cold. They are not turned on but takes little time to chill. No complaints here, at three times the price, other lodges leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Martin, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We woke up on our second morning to find bedbugs crawling on the sheet, pulled the covers back and took a video of one on the mattress! We packed up immediately and told the owners wife why we were leaving. She was so rude said no one had ever complained about anything expecially bedbugs. She didn't charge our credit card for the next 3 nights but refused to give us a refund for Tues and Wed nights; She was very rude! I asked her if she wanted to see the video I had made of the bug crawlng on the mattress and she said no because they didn't have bedbugs and never any complaints. I told her I was going to give them a bad review she said go ahead she didn't care. Please take my advice..NEVER stay at this motel. It will take me a long time to get over thinking that I slept with those crawling creatures.

Room Tip: Tried to put video on here, couldn't get it to download. sorry
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

It seems the Country Hearth Inn chain is a chain to avoid. The one in Bolingreen Ky I could only handle for about an hour (dirty, reeks of curry, lack of maintenance etc). The one in Pigeon Forge is bearable but not recommended. Although I called ahead, the fridge was unplugged. That was a good thing though, as ants were in it and the microwave. Outlet covers were either cracked or had shoddy patch work around them. Paint around the shower was peeling off and actually falling into the tub. There are plenty of hotels in the area. The reason I stayed is I had a long drive and only intended to sleep and leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bryson City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

the room was clean, the free breakfast was only waffles they batter tasted old and nasty......served it purpose for a weekend visit......wouldnt stay again though.....the staff didnt speak english well so we had a hard time getting checked in....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I'm amazed by some of the comments in other reviews. This is definitely an older property, but it was clean and had a very friendly staff. So what if the AC and fridge weren't turned on when we got there! It took all of about 10 minutes for the AC to cool the room off! Do you realize how much money goes into running those items all the time? I've been to hotels that cost 3 times as much as this, and the AC was either set to 80, or not on at all, and the fridge was off as well since they can't assume that everyone will use it, we didn't. Another person commented on not being run by Americans. The owners were Indian, but so what, they could have been citizens for all we know, and they are working! And besides that, unless you're American Indian, we're all foreigners when you get down to it. As far as comments about breakfast, we went there for the price and for our dog. There are so many great restaurants nearby, why would you want to eat there anyway? They obviously do not have the facilities to offer more than they do, so if you want free food on top of a room that costs less then $60, the fact that they try to offer something is amazing. They were very friendly, run a clean hotel, and took good care of us. We were looking for a clean place (stains happen in more expensive hotels as well), that was pet friendly, and inexpensive. This met all of our requirements.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bardyville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I usually do not write reviews, but felt in this case it was necessary. Booked this hotel because it was pet friendly and in PF but not in the thick of things. room did not have enough towels for the four of us, so when I went to get more from the front desk they questioned me as to why I needed them! HELLO four people in the room, only two towels. Free Hot Breakfast was a joke, if more then two people were in the breakfast area, you had to wait outside on the sidewalk. Krispy Kreme donuts and a waffle maker with no pancake mix! Stayed for two nights, received no room cleaning or tyding what so ever. I have never stayed in a hotel where they did not come in and make beds and give you clean/dry towels, two small pkgs of shampoo and 1 tiny bar of soap, when I asked for more shampoo, they said they were out and gave us conditioner instead! I cant see this place staying in business with this kind of service. Stay someplace else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Hearth Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!