“Find Someplace Else” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 93 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chicago
“Find Someplace Else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

It seems the Country Hearth Inn chain is a chain to avoid. The one in Bolingreen Ky I could only handle for about an hour (dirty, reeks of curry, lack of maintenance etc). The one in Pigeon Forge is bearable but not recommended. Although I called ahead, the fridge was unplugged. That was a good thing though, as ants were in it and the microwave. Outlet covers were either cracked or had shoddy patch work around them. Paint around the shower was peeling off and actually falling into the tub. There are plenty of hotels in the area. The reason I stayed is I had a long drive and only intended to sleep and leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bryson City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

the room was clean, the free breakfast was only waffles they batter tasted old and nasty......served it purpose for a weekend visit......wouldnt stay again though.....the staff didnt speak english well so we had a hard time getting checked in....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I'm amazed by some of the comments in other reviews. This is definitely an older property, but it was clean and had a very friendly staff. So what if the AC and fridge weren't turned on when we got there! It took all of about 10 minutes for the AC to cool the room off! Do you realize how much money goes into running those items all the time? I've been to hotels that cost 3 times as much as this, and the AC was either set to 80, or not on at all, and the fridge was off as well since they can't assume that everyone will use it, we didn't. Another person commented on not being run by Americans. The owners were Indian, but so what, they could have been citizens for all we know, and they are working! And besides that, unless you're American Indian, we're all foreigners when you get down to it. As far as comments about breakfast, we went there for the price and for our dog. There are so many great restaurants nearby, why would you want to eat there anyway? They obviously do not have the facilities to offer more than they do, so if you want free food on top of a room that costs less then $60, the fact that they try to offer something is amazing. They were very friendly, run a clean hotel, and took good care of us. We were looking for a clean place (stains happen in more expensive hotels as well), that was pet friendly, and inexpensive. This met all of our requirements.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bardyville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I usually do not write reviews, but felt in this case it was necessary. Booked this hotel because it was pet friendly and in PF but not in the thick of things. room did not have enough towels for the four of us, so when I went to get more from the front desk they questioned me as to why I needed them! HELLO four people in the room, only two towels. Free Hot Breakfast was a joke, if more then two people were in the breakfast area, you had to wait outside on the sidewalk. Krispy Kreme donuts and a waffle maker with no pancake mix! Stayed for two nights, received no room cleaning or tyding what so ever. I have never stayed in a hotel where they did not come in and make beds and give you clean/dry towels, two small pkgs of shampoo and 1 tiny bar of soap, when I asked for more shampoo, they said they were out and gave us conditioner instead! I cant see this place staying in business with this kind of service. Stay someplace else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Afton, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We booked this room w/priceline for 4 days at a good price. The guy at front desk was a young guy and very friendly. Our room was clean and the air conditioner worked really well considering the 100+ degree weather outside. My only complaint was the shower curtain. It really needed replacing but other than that, the room was comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the ice machine/office and the noise woke us up a couple times at night so avo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
White, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We arrive check in was easy. They have a ice maker and a coke machine. I never found the free breakfast. I had booked at this hotel cause it was pet friendly. I could have paid 2 more dollars to stay at a diffrent better hotel but didnt know they were pet friendly until i got there. The hair dryer you had to hold the ON button in the hole time you use it. The bathroom was extremly small. I did ask for extra towels and they did give me more. I also requested for them not to clean my room and they didnt. It was ok. The bed was also hard and sloped down hill and you do have to share the pool with the cabin rental place.

Room Tip: just use a diffrent hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portageville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

First off, this is not owned by Americans..., the man at the counter had to get his daughter (wife?) to help us because he couldn't understand english (they are middle eastern). The small refridgerator in the room was turned off so we had to turn it on and let it cool down before we put our stuff inside it. The microwave didnt work, the air conditioner was not on and it was literally 90 degrees in there, so we had wait for the room to cool down and with the small window unit, it took quite a while. As far as the breakfast, the room it is held in has three chairs and you will not fit more than four people in the room. They had a waffle maker, which is the only "hot" thing they have, but there wasnt any mix or syrup. We went down to eat and the young man at the desk let the coffee and orange juice run empty and had no intentions of refilling either, and this was at 7:30am. I will quote him here...."well, I wasnt going to refill them but since you want some I will do it..." all the while rolling his eyes because he didnt want to put his iphone down. They had Krispy Creme doughnuts that were at least a day or two old. So please ignore the "free hot breakfast" that they are claiming. I come to Pigeon Forge, TN at least once per year and decided to take a chance and save on hotel costs, but my advice to anyone considering this place is to spend another $10 a night or more and stay somewhere else. If this review gets removed, I will continue to add it anywhere I can on the internet.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Hearth Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!