“What a fun hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“What a fun hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family of four (kids are ages 2 and 4) stayed four nights, and we loved our time here. We stayed in the most basic room (I think?) with two queen beds, and it worked for our needs.

The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever had -- omlette station where you can order a customized omlette; a hot foods line which was served by their staff (items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast burritos, grits, ham, biscuits and gravy, and things that rotated each day); a self-serve area to make waffles or pancakes, grab a muffin, breakfast pastry, fruit...several varieties of coffee (I loved their Christmas blend!)...you get the idea.

They had someone checking hotel keys at the entry, because with a breakfast that plentiful and delicious, I can see someone trying to sneak in for a bite. For non-guests, the rate was $12.99/person.

The pools were great. The indoor ranges from 3-4 feet and there's also a large hot tub. Outside, the pool states it's 3 -5 feet, but my son could touch in the indoor pool and couldn't touch in the outdoor. Maybe 3.5 feet to start?

The water slide was very fun. For young kids, they would love the splash pad. Multiple fountains and a very shallow area to sit and splash. Perfect! Plenty of lounge chairs, tables with umbrellas.

We enjoyed borrowing Christmas movies from the front desk and getting our nightly cookie(s) also.

Attended the Singing Santa concert on Saturday night, and we were pleasantly surprised at his talent.

Staff was attentive and excellent. We had a few requests for housekeeping items (I forgot my toothbrush; and we needed a change of sheets after housekeeping already came by) and it all went smoothly.

The only downside we can think of: The game room wasn't free. We wished we could play air hockey or pool or a video game with the price included in our room fee.

Location is walkable to several attractions and restaurants. We walked to Mellow Mushroom (pretty good) and Bullfish Grill (eh, whatever). Take the road behind the hotel when you can (Teaster Lane) as it is a decent mini-bypass to avoid traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a bit of fun on our road trip. Great value for money as our room was not only huge, it had a balcony, hot tub and fireplace, all with the Christmas theme on top.

You obviously don't come here if you don't like Christmas, so if you're not going to get in the mood, don't go! The hotel itself was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, and the location good. Free parking and free wifi a definite plus.

We were only sorry we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First, I have to agree with one of the other reviewers who mentioned don't even try to check in before 4:00. It seems like even if any of the rooms are clean and available, they must have a policy where they don't let anyone check in any earlier than 3:00 for some reason. We had 2 nights booked, and I called a day before and asked to move our reservations out one day, so we arrived a day later than we had booked. We had 2 rooms booked - I'm sure those rooms had to be available, because I doubt they booked both rooms for just one night the day before. But, sure enough, when we tried to check in at 12:00, they mentioned our rooms wouldn't be available until at least 3:00. I would like to hear from anyone who was able to check in any earlier. I don't know why they don't let you check in early - most hotels have no problem with this.

The first night we had problems sleeping, because the air conditioner kept turning on and off all night long. Then, my in-laws, who were in the room next to us, told us that you need to change the setting from "auto" to "fan - lo or high". Every time you adjust the temperature, it changes it to auto, so you have to make sure you hit the fan setting, otherwise it will keep cycling on and off all night.

The lighting in the bathroom wasn't that great, and I tried getting ready by the full length mirror in the room, but the lighting was worse in the room.

On the positive side, it was a wonderful room. The bathroom had huge counter space by the sink, which I like, because I have a ton of products that I need to put on the counter. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room. We liked the little Christmas tree - we used it as a night light for our daughters to find their way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The rooms were nice and big and clean, and the service couldn't be better. Everyone was so friendly. I called down and asked for more towels, and within minutes someone was at my door with tons of towels. The beds were extremely comfortable. When I was checking out, there was only one person at the front desk, and when I asked if I could just drop the keys off, he said they needed to check to make sure there weren't extra charges. So, he went in the back and got another employee to come out and help, which I thought was very thoughtful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel again. I actually thought the nightly rate was extremely cheap - I saw other people complaining about the price. Maybe for Tennessee it's high? Our rate was only $144.00 a night, and most hotels we stay at are $300.00 or higher, so I thought it was a great bargain!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I love Christmas. I am in my early 40s and still feel like I am 5 around Christmas. My husband loves Pigeon Forge. So as a surprise, he wanted to show me the area as I have never been, he booked us 5 nights at The Christmas Place.

If you are familiar with The Great Wolf Lodge chains, it is set up like that, but for Christmas and just more of everything.

You walk in and you feel like you are transformed to the North Pole. Every floor is decorated with a different theme. One was decorated like the move A Christmas Story with the leg lamp, gun, etc.

Rooms are different but ours had a full sized Christmas tree, it was decorated completely and had a fire place and balcony.

At night there was story time for the kids with Santa or Mrs. Claus complete with warm cookies and milk. It looks just like the photo.

Then you walk outside and in July it is warm. Outdoor pool. Across the street is the Christmas Place's restaurant which when you go in you feel like you are going to a family members house. The menu is all food you would have at the holidays, turkey, cranberry, potatoes, roast beef, pumpkin and apple pies. It is oh so fun.

In the area there is a lot to do, The Comedy Barn for night time southern comedy, go karts, mini golf, shopping and much more. Nearby in Seyerville you can drive up the mountain and on top is an indoor ice skating rink, games for kids and adults and a lot more.

This was a fun holiday. Action packed (and you can certainly do as much or little as you want) and very nostalgic. I recommend it to any Christmas lovers who want to feel the beauty of the season year round without doing any work yourself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very wonderful place to stay. We had a great time and the Hotel is BEAUTIFUL and CLEAN!!! The housekeeping staff was very friendly. However, make sure you don't check in until 4pm...they made us wait. We got there at 2pm and they said our room wasn't ready so we went for a walk and called them at 3pm..NOPE..still no room. We decided to go back to the Hotel and see if we could upgrade to another room and get in earlier, however when I was standing there waiting...they were giving rooms out left and right. So I went up and sure enough they gave us a room????Hummm...no room when we called but one JUST happened to open up when we came back. WELL here's the kicker, it was on the street side of over looking Starbucks!!!! If you plan on SLEEPING don't get that side of the Hotel, second floor. We stayed 3 nights and I didn't get a lick of sleep...motorcycles blaring up and down the street, cars and trucks. So my advice would be to pay whatever they want to get a courtyard view and PRAY that is quieter. The breakfast was wonderful. Better than most and we travel A LOT!!! The beds are very nice!! The ambiance in the Hotel is so delightful and I think it is one of the better Hotels in the area...if it weren't for the noise. We did not use the pools but they looked very nice and I think we would use them if we decide to use this Hotel again. And that would ONLY be if I could be guaranteed a non noisy room. Also, they did not accommodate ANY of my wishes that I requested when booking a MONTH in advance...like KING BED or HIGH FLOOR.

Room Tip: High floor...which is only 5 and away from the Starbuck side or you will have a very noisy night. An...
Green Features: We only had housekeeping once during our stay. We don't need our room cleaned everyday. So we think their policy is wonderful. Thank you for help with the environment.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
West Texas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having a full-time disabled person in our family makes travel stressful and challenging. I specifically booked two full weeks at this hotel because I knew from our previous stay that the owners and staff would go out of their way to make our vacation as relaxing as possible.

I don't have to repeat myself with special requests like no perfume, no fabric softener, etc... They actually outdo Disney World which is amazing since this is a family-owned hotel with a much smaller staff.

I read some of the recent reviews and was pretty shocked at them. Our room is spotless. We all have asthma and allergies and the hotel is the cleanest we have stayed in. The cleaning staff dusts all the décor and baseboards. We never need to use our inhaler while here. Even the a/c is clean and quiet. That is why I can get a good night's sleep.

The breakfast is wonderful. The omelets include so many fresh vegetables. They have Krispy Kreme donuts which we can't get back home. There are ten drink choices.

Yes, the main dining room where the food is always full, but there is a huge dining room five feet away which has plenty of seating. I would add trays so people like me who are carrying for others can make fewer trips. That is my one suggestion and it is very minor and very fixable.

I tell everyone if money is tight, wait to vacation later. This hotel is not much more than the hotels we looked at in Gatlinburg and the room we get is larger than most hotels. We always find parking.

We need the larger space and the table in our room. We enjoy the upgraded bedding and décor. We need the quality mattresses and the room to be clean. To us, it is money well spent as we go every day while on vacation and need to get good rest.

I have NEVER encountered a rude employee at this hotel. Even when I had to make changes three times, they were always friendly and patient. We previously stayed ten days and had only good things to say then as well.

Room Tip: Pay for a courtyard view so you are not looking at Starbucks and the road.
Green Features: See their website. They do so many things. I most like they don't use harsh chemicals that make us sick.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I decided on a whim to stay here & visit for his 30th birthday and it didn't disappoint! The hotel is beautifully lighted and decorated. Our room was very clean with plenty of amenities and thoughtful touches by the cleaning staff(candy left on the table).

The hot breakfast is all that it claims to be. Omelets made to order with an array of fillings to choose from,a favorite of my husbands no doubt! Then for those who prefer something else(like me) there's do it yourself waffles,pancakes. A hot bar with bacon,sausage or ham,biscuits and gravy,fried potatoes. Then an array of fruit,cheese and breakfast pastries. Though if you're a fan of fresh orange juice,get there by 9am or you may miss out - it goes fast!

Other things to look for and ask about - daily activities. Ones we saw listed were a concert with Santa following milk and cookies,and on the second day of our stay they had a marshmallow roast.

For those interested in something else, there is an outdoor and indoor pool as well as an indoor Jacuzzi. A pond in the back where the breakfast patio is located and birds to greet. A very peaceful and scenic place to relax and enjoy a lazy afternoon.

During our stay the staff was very friendly and welcoming,even at midnight the doormen greet you with a hearty hello! And other staff walk around the halls offering plates of cookies! What more could you want?

We look forward to another stay here when we visit Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Christmas Place? Share your experiences!