“a great hands on place for fun” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 79 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages. Experience the trembling of a 6.0 Earthquake, make human-size bubbles in our bubble lab, fly a fighter jet, lie on a bed of nails, ride our roller coaster simulation, experience rock climbing and test your skills on the New 50ft tall indoor ropes challenge course. During your visit, stay for "The Wonders Of Magic" starring master magician Terry Evanswood and experience our newly renovated lasertag arena!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
“a great hands on place for fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Took my husband here as part of his birthday weekend. We did have a lot of fun! This is basically a hands on museum, with commercial funding, so most of the exhibits are in good working order, and they have a lot of fun stuff, and everything inside is included in the price (you can get a combo for the lazer tag too... but it's not really worth it, see below)

There are a lot of informative exhibits, interactive quizes, and just really loads of awesome stuff I've either never seen elsewhere, or never this good. There is the glow wall, that freezes your shadow, but also the cool dance room that projects psychedelic repeat images of yourself on the wall. There are a lot of activities that use cameras to put you in the game, or that react visually to your body movements. the bed of nails, the giant pin impression thing, trying your metal against freezing cold water, competing to see who can be the calmest brain wave wise, and then there's the REALLY cool stuff, like the bike swing that you help power to do flips, pitching, the motion simulator roller coaster, and the completely awesome ropes course (not for those with a fear of heights)

At the end of it all, you can play a game of laser tag, which is pretty cheap if you do the combo with the ticket, but ultimately, I wouldn't say it was worth it, because it seems like their gear is a bit defective. They say no recharge time when you are hit, but that wasn't true. Then some of the guns did not acknowledge that a shot had connected with a vest, even if you held the laser on the target area for several seconds, while other vests seem to function normally. I think if I had a do over, I'd have skipped paying for the laser tag, even though it was inexpensive.

Overall, I would say this really is a must do in Pigeon Forge. as others will point out, everything here is a bit pricey, and this place is no exception, but it really is fun. You will not regret going! we spent right at 3 hours, but we did breeze past a few things, and could have gone back for a second go easily.

Visited July 2011

Newport, Tennessee
“WonderWorks is versatile fun for all ages, and I will certainly go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I am a Tennesse teacher and have "played" at WonderWorks several times. My elementary students loved it. My college aged daughter and I had a blast when we went together, and on the last visit it was just my husband and me. There is a mixture of physical and mental activities. Each time I have gone, they have added something new. WonderWorks is versatile fun for all ages, and I will certainly go again!

Visited March 2011
Millington, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
“Unexpectedly enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I took our two daughters, ages 9 and 14, and had a great time. Granted, the $120 price tag for the four of us felt a bit steep upon entry, (we got the package with the laser tag game), but being able to leave and return until midnight was a plus. It was a bit crowded and cramped when we first arrived early in the afternoon on a Sunday, but we did manage to do many of their attractions while inside. We had dinner elsewhere, and returned around 8 pm to find it had cleared out nicely. My oldest daughter and I did the Spacewalk rope trail, and it was a lot of fun- and a lot of work.

The only thing that was lame was the Laser Tag. It was a bit dated in its technology, and not that great.

Overall, you're going to be popped with a $75-$125 charge no matter what you and your family decide to do in Pigeon Forge or nearby Gatlinburg, but Wonderworks gives you a good value for your money unlike many of the other attractions.

Visited June 2011
Paducah, Kentucky
“Whole family enjoyed - kids didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I wasn't sure when planning our vacation if my children would enjoy this place, but took a chance. My kids, 8, 10, and 16 all loved it. There were tons of things for everyone to do! We spent hours in there and finally had to make the kids leave. They loved climbing the space walk, creating their own rollercoasters and even trying out the bed of nails. This is deff a place to visit if you are looking for something to do for the whole family!

Visited June 2011
“Overpriced and really loud!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I disagree with the reviews that Wonderworks is for all ages. I took my 2 and one year old based on the reviews. It was really lound and the layout was a little cramped. There was a neat bubble exhibit but I can do that at home. I do wish husband and I would have went
back without the kids to do the ropes course. Best age would be 8 and up.