“Good Food Done Right” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good Food Done Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited Calhoun's on 10-27-2013. Sunday night turns out to be a very good time to go. We walked in and took our seats at a table in the bar area without waiting even a minute.
Our server was knowledgeable and very accommodating.
The restaurant appears to be brand new. We ordered a couple of Bloody Marys before dinner and enjoyed some NFL on the big screen above the bar.
We ordered a full rack of ribs with Tennessee Corn Puddin..not Pudding...Puddin and a pulled pork sandwich with Mac & Cheese. They also brought out a bread sampler, which consisted of Cornbread, a Biscuit and a yeast roll.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the service and atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Decently priced, good meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I visited Calhoun's yesterday. We've been to the Smoky Mountain Brewery (same owners) several times and the menus are very similar, but my husband eyed the "Ale Steak" on Calhoun's menu, and we decided to try it out.

We went for lunch and were seating right away. Service was great. I ordered the daily soup special (vegetable beef) and a house salad. Both were average, but the salad was huge for the price.

My husband, who is very picky about his steak, LOVED the "Ale Steak" and after one bite, I understood why. It has great flavor, but it wasn't over seasoned and it was super tender. It is marinated in the Cherokee Red Ale from the Smoky Mountain brewery...my favorite! The best part? It was only $13.99...that's hard to beat in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“All around good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great food , good drinks, with wonderful prices on happy hour. Bar area , yet family atmosphere. The menu has everything from wonderful steaks to ribs, or a great pulled pork curbside deal for take out!!!!Highly recommend!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were on vacation and decided to try Calhoun's. The atmosphere and service were great! My husband and I had the pulled pork dinner, and the kids had ribs. We also had the potato skins for an appetizer. All of the food was delicious. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, IL
“Must Try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Decided to give it a try and glad we did, I am not big on barbeque, but my husband wanted to give it a try. I knew that I could find something else on the menu so decided on the Prime Rib, let me tell you I come from Chicago with all the great steak houses and this was one of the best. "It was like butter".

Visited October 2013