“friendly motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
lexington,ky
“friendly motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

On our spring break, we found great friendly & economical motel in town during busytime.we talked with owner gave us great deal on rate & solved couple of problem immediately after we repoted.staff was friendly, gave all kind of information needed. Rooms are nice & clean. BEST VALUE FOR PRICE.........!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

Terrible experience!! We checked in and entered the room and son went to take a shower and there was a roach in the bathtub. I saw one on the wall and when I picked up the receiver to call the front desk one came from under there. I went downstairs to get a refund and the desk clerk said, " I am not allowed to give you a refund, but I will give you another room and guarantee no bugs." We went into the other room and within 15 minutes my wife saw more. Front desk was closed until 7:30 AM, so we left the key in our room and left.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed twice during a car show event. Only place we could stay without reservations. Now, we know why! We did not stay this year , my CC was charged for a nights stay at the cost of $145.00. It was put on a CC I used 2 years ago. They kept my number from an earlier stay. When I inquired about the charge, I was run out of the office and told the police would be called. Beward ladies! Do not go in the office by yourself! Be Cardful, if you stay here! DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD. Only pay in cash if you have to stay here.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Mitchell, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We travel to Pigeon Forge a couple times a year and always stay here. Friendly people and clean rooms. This is a older motel and does not have a lot of fancy stuff. The rates are very good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
tuscumbia alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

On Saturday Aug 16th we decided to go to Pigeon Forge for the weekend. We started looking for hotels that day (it was a spare of the moment kind of thing). We called about 20 hotels and they said we would have to stay 2 nights; we could only stay 1 night so they couldn’t help us. My oldest son called Holiday Terrace Inn and they had 2 rooms that we booked. We had told them that it would be very late when we arrived. They were very friendly on the phone and said that would fine and that they have 2 rooms ready for us.
We left for Pigeon Forge we got caught up in traffic on I-40 and they called us to see if we were still coming, we told them it would be about 11pm before we would arrive. They said that that’s fine. We arrive around 10:45 and we got checked in and went up the stairs to our rooms since there were no elevators. Our rooms smelt awful, but, it was late so we over looked it. Then I went into the bathroom to find there were no towels and no coffee. My husband went down to the office they gave him some. He came back up and I had noticed a puddle of water in the floor of the bathroom. He went back down to the front desk and was told they had no other rooms available. While my husband was standing in the office a gentleman came in and got a room at that time for 44.00 and some change. (So he had rooms). There was a man from another room asking for a plunger saying his toilet was stopped up.
At this point, my husband was very angry and came back to the room. When he got back up stairs, which wasn’t easy for him since he has bad feet, I had been using the restroom and it had dropped from ceiling into my hair. It was a large leak by this time; it was 11:30 so my husband called the front desk and told the man he wanted our money back. The man said he was not going to give our money back k. He also said that we would just have to get a lawyer and sue him!
We checked some nearby places and were told that they were completely booked. By then we were very tired and very angry, it was midnight or later. Our second room smelt like mold and the toilet seat would slide off the toilet. There were bugs in the beds. Needless to say, we didn’t sleep at all that night. That was the longest night of our lives. We literally prayed for day light.
We spent the night there because we had nowhere else to go for the night. After being told to get a lawyer my oldest son called to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. He was told that the manager would not be in until morning from 7:30 am - 10:00 am. We got up the next morning and asked to speak to the manager again. We were then told the manager would not be in until 12 pm. We had to leave by 11 am check out time.
We tried to make the best of our trip and we did some shopping and stuff to just have some fun. At 12 pm we called and asked to speak to the manager for the 3rd time and were told to call back at 2 pm that he was in South Carolina and would be back then. When we called back at 2pm we were told he wouldn’t be back in until Monday morning at 7:30 am and would be there until 10:00 am. We got our shopping and stuff done and drove the 7 ½ hours home. When my son called this morning he was told THEY talked to the manager and told him the problem. They said the manager told them that he couldn’t give our money back because we stayed the whole night. They also checked the rooms and said there were no signs of leaking that morning at 11 am.
We have pictures showing the ceiling leaking at 2 am. According to the front desk clerks, there were no leaks the next morning, if that was true then it would be because the people above us were moved to a different room and no longer using the water above us, that wasn’t there to begin with because the hotel was booked. They also said the ceiling was dry by morning but we had towels on the floor all night soaking up the water!
All we want is our money back and we will be happy. We work hard for our money and we just wanted to get away for 1 night with our boys. We spent 67.00 for room 211 and 66.89 for room 212. We will never stay at this hotel again! We will tell anyone that will listen that this is a dump! To also top everything thing off there was small black hairs in the sheets and hair in the bathtub!

• Liked — leaving the it!
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
louisa,ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Did not get what we asked for. I booked a smoking room in front on 2nd floor with balcony. I got a non smoking room on the 2nd floor in the back with a veiw of an alley also our t.v. remote did not work and all they could say was sorry. I'm sorry too, that I picked such a bad place to spend my vacation. I will never stay there agian.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hontsburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

We have stayed at Holiday many times over last 15 yrs plus but last time was 4 years ago. This month we stayed and found that the old owners had sold and the property has been allowed to go down fast. The sign advertises all new rooms, the lobby is new but that is it. I am so sad, I figure that the property will be sold torn down and something else built there in the next few years. The new owners are not spending much on upkeep at all. The wife is the housekeeper. Along with the owner, his wife and one young local girl working the front desk, there are no other employees or lets say we didn't see any others. Large complex for 3 people. This was our last stay. Cheap, yes but not very nice. Some of little things that were wrong included, 2 burned out light bulbs, hardly any water pressure, toilet that stuck constantly, rooms that were marked non smoking were smoked in. Construction going on near the property made for lots of construction traffic and noise.

• Liked — Location but it did not make up for low quality
  • Disliked — Property condition
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!