“Not Like It Used To Be” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Hontsburg
“Not Like It Used To Be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

We have stayed at Holiday many times over last 15 yrs plus but last time was 4 years ago. This month we stayed and found that the old owners had sold and the property has been allowed to go down fast. The sign advertises all new rooms, the lobby is new but that is it. I am so sad, I figure that the property will be sold torn down and something else built there in the next few years. The new owners are not spending much on upkeep at all. The wife is the housekeeper. Along with the owner, his wife and one young local girl working the front desk, there are no other employees or lets say we didn't see any others. Large complex for 3 people. This was our last stay. Cheap, yes but not very nice. Some of little things that were wrong included, 2 burned out light bulbs, hardly any water pressure, toilet that stuck constantly, rooms that were marked non smoking were smoked in. Construction going on near the property made for lots of construction traffic and noise.

• Liked — Location but it did not make up for low quality
  • Disliked — Property condition
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ewing, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

I paid $45.00 a night and I was very worried about what the room would be like. I was very surprised at how nice the room was.
My family and I had a great stay at the Holiday Terrace Inn. The people were very nice, the room was clean and the pool was great. My family and myself will definitly stay here again on our next trip to Tennessee. I took several pictures for everyone to see, please look over our mess.

• Liked — CLEAN ROOM AND LOCATION
  • Disliked — WALKING UP STAIRS. NO ELEVATOR
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kingsport Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

From the time we arrived at the hotel till the time we left we recieved 5 start quality and service for a 2 star price. The front Desk staff was very eager to help us , friendly , and accomidating to our needs. The rooms were very clean, great location, good view from the balcony. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2008
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

My family checked in on September 13 just in time to go to bed. The room looked very clean and the sheets on the beds were clean, as well as the bathroom. So, ok we're good to go. We had no problems the first night. The second night my mother woke up the next morning with a couple of bug bites on her right arm. We didn't think much of it because the rest of my family had nothing wrong. We were in and out during the days and were only at the hotel during the nights. On Sunday morning, (the third night), my mother awoke to find the worst. She had multiple bites on both of her arms and legs. At this point we knew something was not right because she had wore pants on the day before. My mother began searching our bed and we found the first of many bed bugs. There was one on my pillow as well as behind our headboard. We then searched the next bed and took that headboard off the wall to find 10 plus bedbugs. It was awful!! Also, I will try to post the picture I took. So pass this along, and literally don't let the bed bugs bite, and avoid staying here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Disliked — BED BUGS
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

My wife and I were checked in mid day, I spoke to the owner when I checked in, I asked for a Hot tub room , He said he had none but he had a beutiful hot tub and large pool open till mid-night at least. The rate wasnt what was on sign, but it never is , we took it. We went out shopping and ate dinner then came out to swim and hit the hot tub he sold us the room based on. It was, Freezing, the hot hahaha tub was Freezing, I initally thought darn the luck it must have messed up , a couple folks came over and talked to us and said it was out all week. I complained to the night man, he made no attempt to act like he cared, he gave me the owners name , left him a message on his home and cell phone. He never called me back, Next morning I confront him about lying to me and getting a refund. He would not refund the room. We had to get the police involved and now I must dispute it through the BBB and the tourisim council.I love the smokies and will absolutly go back , just never again at this facility!!! I am tickled to see this site because it should help me with my situation. The hot tub seemed to be out since the 4th.(post 1 and 2)

East TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

We have stayed at the Holiday Terrace in the past, and have enjoyed our stayed. HOWEVER, this time it was a nightmare, and we will NOT be staying here again. First of all our reservations we messed up. I booked the rooms several months in advance, only to find out when we got there that they were not available. We were over charged for one of our rooms, I guess they were charging extra for the BUGS that were in it!!!!! Thats right BUGS!!! My sisters and their husbands stayed in that room and it was infested with bugs. But not to worry they were given a can of bug spray! That was nice of the hotel wasn't it? We had booked rooms on the first floor because our mother went with us, who is handicapped and it is extremely hard for her to walk up stairs! Well we got put on the second floor, but not to worry again, when I told the lady my mom couldn't do the stairs, she told me to use the better set of stairs. Again, nice of the hotel! So I thought well mom can get in the hot tub and it will make her feel better, GUESS WHAT the hot tub was.....you guessed it BROKE!!!
So needless to say my mom spent the next few days at home extremely sore from walking up and down the "good" stairs all weekend. Oh and don't let me forget to mention that we couldn't even shower because our bath tub was stopped up. Hey I understand that hotels get age on them, like I said we have stayed here before and we knew this was an older hotel. We knew that it didn't have any bells and whistles, but we wasn't expecting the bugs!!! And the unfriendly staff that we encountered! My advice to anyone considering staying here would be DON'T and for the hotel GET A NEW STAFF!!! And evict the bugs!!

TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

I will never stay at the Holiday Terrace Inn again! If they are the only hotel in town with rooms, I will go home.
First of all, we booked 3 rooms on the bottom floor because my mother went with us and she is handicapped and cannot climb stairs. We arrived at different times to check in. My sister arrived first to find out, they had us booked in 1 room with 9 people for over $400 (what is wrong with this picture?) Just so "happened" they had 3 rooms with double beds each on the second floor, my sisters decided to shake it off and have a good weekend. I checked in later and met with my sisters to find out the hotel over charged me for my room, my brother arrives an hour later to check in and is charged the correct cost for his room. We get in the rooms and they stink, so we opened the door to let in fresh air and used air freshner, again shaking it off to have a good weekend. Changed clothes headed to the pool and hot tub. Get to the pool and hot tub to find out the hot tub did not work, motor broken, okay we will swim and sit by the pool and relax. I go back to the office to ask about the price difference with my room and I am told by the lady who checked me in to come back that night that someone else would fix it she was leaving. I go back later that night to the office to be told by a man that he cannot fix my bill, come back in the morining. Bedtime, bugs flying and crawling looked like termites, I called down to front office, no answer, no one was their to talk to. Next morning, we told the maid what happened, she brought us a can of bug spray and told us to spray our room before we left out for the day. Later that morning I went back to the office to get my bill fixed again, the same woman that made the mistake was their. She told me she couldn't fix it, I told her someone was going to. She said I will lose my job because I have made so many mistakes. I told her I was sorry and ask for the manager. She said he wasn't their. A few minutes later he came in. He gave me the run around, but I wasn't backing down. I got my refund with no apology. The next morning we were trying to get ready to leave. Some of us couldn't shower due to the tub being stopped up. What a releif we were leaving. We made the best of it due to to haveing a great family who enjoys being togerther no matter what.

Debra from Greeneville, TN!

Stayed June 2007

Been to Holiday Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!