“Nice Place to Stay on A Budget and Center of Town” 3 of 5 stars

Holiday Terrace Inn
2631 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #70 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
South Berwick, Maine
“Nice Place to Stay on A Budget and Center of Town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here 15 years ago when we got married. We went back this year for our anniversary. It has been remodeled of course in the last 15 years but it is still very inexpensive. Don't expect a perfect hotel but it is clean and the staff are friendly. The beds are comfortable. We booked the front room facing the Parkway because we wanted to be able to see the Homecoming Parade from our balcony. It worked out perfectly. We were a bit concerned because the parkway is so busy and noisy till late at night and we wondered if we would sleep but once we shut our door the noise is very low. We did hear sirens once in a while but that is all. It is so cheap to stay here! We stayed for 3 nights and it was about $143 with taxes included. Can't beat that. There is an outside pool that looks very clean. This hotel is very close to Dollywood entrance. It is really in the middle of everything you might want to do. So if you want a budget motel and atmosphere is not important and you don't need a big breakfast free with your room, than this hotel may just work for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at this property just before Christmas. We were on a budget so checked out a few other hotels but this was by far the cleanest and had the best location (for the price we paid), right in the heart of town. We will defintely stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We traveled to Tennessee for a wedding this past weekend and stayed here two nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and plenty of room for four adults. The location is really cool right in the middle of everything. The terrace/balcony facing the parkway was really nice, overlooking the mountains. We saved money staying here compared to other places, which meant more money for shopping!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I had stayed here back in 2008. I wanted to surprise her with a weekend getaway and since we have not been back to pigeon forge since this trip, I thought it would be perfect to book the same hotel plus the same room number we had. I called and talked to a lady on the phone who was very helpful and booked the room with a guarantee that we would be in that exact room. Upon my arrival the desk clerk told me my options of rooms. I told him I had a specific room already. He told me that someone overextended their stay and was already in that room. I was in dismay as he told me that I could not stay in the room that was booked and guaranteed for me and it would be a one night charge if I chose to cancel. I will never stay again. It's the principal of the matter.

Room Tip: Any at a different hotel or motel. This place is horrible. No good rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here while vacationing. The room we had was very clean and everything in working order. The furniture was older but we weren't planning on spending our whole trip in the room so it didn't bother us at all. The front desk staff was nice and helpful. Good rates and close to everything in Pigeon Forge. We even sat on the Terrace one night and enjoyed a concert that was going on across the street by an Elvis impersonator!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on backside of hotel so you don't hear so much of the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Pigeon Forge and we wanted a hotel with outside entrances so we could check easily on our motorcycles. It is older but clean, and since we booked two rooms, the clerk gave us 10% off the room rate. The outdoor pool felt great after a day of hot riding. They only serve donuts and coffee for breakfast and not until 8am but there are restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to go to Pigeon Forge for the Fourth of July holiday. We arrived on Tuesday, around 12:30pm. When we went into the office, there was no one there. We waited for a few minutes, and finally a lady came through the door and greeted us. She asked if we had a reservation, and I told her my name and she told us that we weren't going to be able to get our room keys yet, because the room wasn't clean because they had been booked the past day. So, she told us to wait til' 1pm. So, we went next door to the Track and walked around..then came back around 1-1:15. She gave us our room keys and we went to our room, room 305. When we got to our room, we walked in and the smoke smell hit us! They gave us the wrong room, a smoking room. I had printed off my reservation from my email and it had said that we were supposed to have a non-smoking room. I decided that it wasn't a big deal, and just went ahead and stayed in the room. Everything was nice when we got there. The floor had been swept and was clean, the bathroom was really clean..nothing on the floor or even in the tub. We had a bunch of clean towels and washcloths as well. The beds were pretty clean, except the smell of smoke on the sheets. But its a smoking room, so what do you expect? The hotel isn't too far of a walk from the major attractions in Pigeon Forge either. We didn't eat their continental breakfast either. We went out for breakfast the two days we were there. We also didn't go swimming in the pool, but there was a lot of people swimming both days. Also, the hotel has no elevator, so if you have trouble walking up the stairs, I probably wouldn't stay here either. It was only two flights of stairs, but it was a hard walk up and down them both days. All in all, we liked this hotel, but decided not to come back to the hotel to stay. We were at fault because we had waited too late to get reservations at different hotels.

Room Tip: The "front" rooms, which are facing the main strip of Pigeon Forge gets kinda noisy at nig...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!