“Very Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 78 attractions in Pigeon Forge
Type: Water Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Adjacent to Dollywood theme park, Dollywood’s Splash Country water adventure parks, is situated on 35 acres in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Named America’s Must-See Waterpark in 2009, Dollywood’s Splash Country features a variety of water slides and attractions—from mild to wild. The Cascades™, an 8,000-sq.-ft. lagoon-style leisure pool, Fire Tower Falls™, the state’s tallest twin speed slides; Bear Mountain Fire Tower™, a multi-level interactive water adventure; Mountain Waves, a 25,000-sq.-ft. wave pool; Slick Rock Racer, a multi-mat slide; the Downbound Float Trip, a relaxing lazy river as well as interactive children’s play areas. The 2013 season will welcome River Rush, Tennessee's first and only water coaster! Available for rental, Riverside and Waterside Retreats offer privacy and luxury (park admission, linens and/or food not included with rental). The waterpark operates Memorial Day to Labor Day; visit the website for operating hours.
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Very Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I do not write reviews, but this time is an exception. My family and I came to splash country for our vacation this year. We travel to all kinds of water parks and amusement parks. We live less than two hours away from Splash Country. The park is just ok. It is quite expensive for the attractions they have there, and the food is expensive as well. The rides are just ok and the staff is not as friendly as you expect from Southeast Tennessee. You pay $10 to park. One of the frustrating things is they have a new time saver pass that they are trying at Splash Country and if it is successful, Dollywood (amusement park) will follow suit. This made our visit even worse. I do not mind to wait for a ride, but when you have these wristwatches (that you pay $20-$30 for) you get to essentially cut line. We waited over 1 hour for two or three of the rides that was on the time saver list and the same groups of people were able to ride the ride we were waiting on 3 times before we ever got to ride it once. Everyone around us and throughout the park was complaining. Even Disney in all its expense, offers fast passes for free you, just have to go get them. I think one amusement park/waterpark Splash Country may want to visit for ideas to try is Holiday World/Splashin Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana. We drove 5-1/2 hours to get there and I would go again in a heartbeat. Their waterpark far exceeds Splash Country in many ways (which I will not list due to the length of this review). All I am trying to say I was disappointed in this park, and despite how close in proximity this park is to me, I do not plan to return. I hope Splash Country will take into consideration what guest have to say to better serve them in the future.

Asheville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Great place for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

While I have nothing to compare it to since I've never been to a waterpark before, I would go back. There is lots to do and the rides are fun. Great area for the little ones also. Food was very expensive and nothing to brag about.

Troy, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
“Family Fun! Liked River rush....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have been to different splash adventure every summer. There was nothing extraordinary in the attraction except for the river rush. This is their new splash ride and it was exciting! The place was costly, and nothing much to do. Also, Our day was closed early because there was a thunderstorm. I was wondering,one lifeguard told us they were closing because of the thunderstorm, but they were guest coming in???

7 attraction reviews
“Our Splash at Spash Country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The water rides are my favorite of all the amusement parks.
The new River Rush is AWSOME! Went on it 3 times. The day started with some rain, so the lines were light. Looks like on a hot day the lines can get long.
The other rides were lots of fun and good times prevailed.
My wife's knee acted up (post surgery) and a park safety officer rolled a wheelchair to pick her up and move her to the opposite side of the park so she could enjoy the lazy river. Fantastic customer service. The lifeguards are great, a bit more strict that some other water parks, but safety should prevail.
We realized that there were chairs placed under cover to keep you out of the sun. We were unclear prior to our day there, and reserved a retreat. It was $200 with tax. Ouch! Splitting the cost was palatable. I was very disappointed when the "order taker" for lunch suggested all our party place orders at once. Table service was a big "plug" they gave us for the retreat. I was also very disappointed that our menu price were $2 higher than a take out stand just a few feet away.
And there were so many booths, drink locations, etc. not even open. It would appear the park was cutting service and personnel, but not cutting admission prices.
I would go back.
I would not rent a retreat again.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Best water park we have been to. Great feel...good family fun. Just a great experience all around. Not too expensive. Everyone is so helpful. Feels like going to a park run by a family.

Visited August 2012