“Better than Dollywood” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 33 Attractions in Pigeon Forge
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Adjacent to Dollywood theme park, Dollywood’s Splash Country water adventure parks, is situated on 35 acres in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Named America’s Must-See Waterpark in 2009, Dollywood’s Splash Country features a variety of water slides and attractions—from mild to wild. The Cascades™, an 8,000-sq.-ft. lagoon-style leisure pool, Fire Tower Falls™, the state’s tallest twin speed slides; Bear Mountain Fire Tower™, a multi-level interactive water adventure; Mountain Waves, a 25,000-sq.-ft. wave pool; Slick Rock Racer, a multi-mat slide; the Downbound Float Trip, a relaxing lazy river as well as interactive children’s play areas. The 2013 season will welcome River Rush, Tennessee's first and only water coaster! Available for rental, Riverside and Waterside Retreats offer privacy and luxury (park admission, linens and/or food not included with rental). The waterpark operates Memorial Day to Labor Day; visit the website for operating hours.
Lafayette, LA
28 attraction reviews
“Better than Dollywood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

I found this place, like Dollywood, to be overpriced for what it had. That being said, it was much better than Dollywood, and the rides they did have were fun. It is very suitable for kids of all ages. I brought my four boys (10, 6, 4, 2) and they all had fun. Be sure to bring swim shoes because the cement gets very HOT! Again, the food was way overpriced. I have been to many theme parks and waterparks, and I have found that this place and Dollywood are the highest for the amount of food you get.

Bedford, Indiana
69 attraction reviews
“Loads of fun for kids and adults alike, perfect on a hot day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Dollywood's Splash Country is the perfect place to cool off on a hot day. It is fun for kids and adults alike. We do it just for the lazy river, a nice relaxing way to cool off and relax. The kids will love all the slides!

So Calif
4 attraction reviews
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

I visited here from Southern California and was pleasantly surprised. The park was very clean and not so crowded on August 28, 2007, probably because the schools were back in session. There was lots to do for all ages and the lines were not very long. I found that there were lifeguards everywhere which is a concern since my kids are 6 and 9. We paid for a retreat for $80 which is basically a cabana with a fan and tv. On two occasions they closed the park and had everyone get out of the water because of lightning in the area. Apparently they track lightning and if there is any activity within 6 miles they have everyone get out of the water and wait until it passes. This happened twice and the retreat came in handy because it rained pretty hard for a few minutes..

I'll post pictures since it doesn't look like there are any on here yet and you can judge for yourself. I also posted a picture of a Bear that we saw at Cade's Cove in the Smokies. I just thought it was cool but wasn't related to the water park.

There was a lazy river, wave pool, several big slides for older kids and plenty of small stuff the young kids. I felt a well rounded park.

I would have given it a 5 star rating, but I asked for a rain check because we lost a couple hours when they shut down the park due to lightning. All they would offer is a rain check ticket if I used it by the date of park closure of 09/16/07. This didn't help me since I was visiting from California and wouldn't be back for a while. I had to sign a rain check ticket voucher that only I could redeem. It seems they could've offered a partial refund or something else other than a rain check ticket for those out of towners.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
“Great place for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

We had a great time at Splash Country. My children at 8, 5, and 2, and there was plenty for them to do. Most of the park is geared towards younger children, and I could see teens getting bored after half a day. My kids would have easily gone back for a second day.

There are cabanas that you can rent for $20/day. I would rent those that are located around the Cascades. They are close to the area and provide shelter from the hot sun. The retreats are "away" from the swimming areas and we would not have been able to enjoy them and keep an eye on the kids. Not worth the $100 in my opinion if you have younger kids who want to be out and need to be watched. You can't get to them easily from the retreats.

We live an hour from SC, and I think we'll buy a season pass next year. Great family fun!

American Southeast
“Fun, But Could Be a Bit Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

I visited Splash Country today (7/15/07). It was a Sunday, and the park was a bit crowded from 11-3 but it died down later. There are many good slides here. My personal favorites were Big Bear Plunge and Mountain Scream. Lunch was good. My flatbread steak sandwich was very good. It came with a drink and chips for about 9 dollars... not too bad. Overall, the park could have a few more slides to decrease the line length, but a very good park overall.