“Great cabins, great views!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sherwood Forest Resort to your Saves list
Sherwood Forest Resort
4306 Forest Ridge Way, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
atlanta, ga
“Great cabins, great views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at a 2 bdrm cabin (cloud nine). The cabins are beautiful and the view here was fantastic! The cabins are just about a 10 minute drive (via the bypass) to the great Smokey mtn Natl park, which is where we spent the majority of our time when we were out. The cabins are very well kept, have ample space, great appliances/electronics, easy gas fireplaces, and the porch rocking chairs and hot tub were a huge hit with the kids. Did I mention the views??? We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed October 2012

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this resort Oct 4-8, 2012 in their cabin "Almost Heaven". The carpet was dirty in multiple places, the love seat and chair had stains all over the arms and the framing poked out. One of the king bed frames was broken, the bathroom linoleum floor was pulled up at the door entry from the kitchen. The carpet was pulled apart and tearing at the seam to the entry way and kitchen. One of the stove elements was out. Entry way flood light burned out. Coffee pot had mold in it. Did not get enough washrags for each guest until the 4th day of stay. The maintenance help tried to fix the flooring, replaced the bed frame, brought new coffee maker and new pots/pans and replaced outside bulb. The carpet, living room furniture, and stove had to be endured. While interacting w/ maintenance we found out the cabins owners had refused to update or deal with the cabins condition but the rental company rented the cabin anyway using deceitful pictures of when the cabin was first build not its present condition. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Always ask rental comp. when the cabin was built and if it has been updated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The weather was beautiful for late September. The views from the Sherwood Forest Resort out distance any other that I know. The staff freindly and helpful and very professional. I don't believe you could find any resort in the area better in all aspects. We really enjoyed the sunrises every morning coming over the mountains.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The 2BR/2BA cabin was beautifully decorated, and the kitchen well appointed with appliances and cookware. In the evenings, our family enjoyed the deck hot tub; and in the mornings, sipping coffee from the deck gliders, admiring the awesome view..
Plenty of space, master bedroom/bath and pool table in the upstairs loft; family room, bedroom, bath, dining area and full kitchen on the main floor. Even a library of VHS/DVDs, books, and board games provided.

Groveland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This cabin was amazing! We stayed there for 3 nights with my family and my husbands family. 19 of us in all. There was space for everyone and amazing things to do. Everyone was happy. You can almost get lost in this cabin it is so large! I highly recommend staying here. Beautiful resort, with great amenities, and awesome customer service!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My Family and I booked and reserved Hearts Desire Cabin to which i needed to shorten my stay and politely asked to help me out being that i have supported the resort staying on three other occassions which were also complicated, but this surely draws the line. On top of the fact that they couldn't remove a day from my stay by good gesture and refused to help by any means necessary no matter how much i pleaded, but two days before my check-in i receieve another reservation for another cabin on a whole other sister property, then get a call that my cabin is not available and they choose to move me to another cabin not of my choosing on a whole other property. The cabin we were moved to we were not satified with and wasn't given much of a choice due to availability on such short notice. To make matters worse incompetent managemet and unhelpful staff's problem solving skills are that compared to a deaf mute. Their solution to this major issue was to charge me another $900 to reserve this new cabin and then refund my money they had already pulled from my my account. Front Desk even asked if one other party member had money to pay for the new reservation. Being that this was a sister property don't understand why the original reservation could not have been tranfered over and then refunded the difference. All my money in my account had been pulled to satify my reservations and was afraid they would continue charging if i had agreed and just settled for thier lack of business skills. Management has no care about guest and guest satisfaction and front desk skills are rude and incompetent. Every time i called could not get any help and front desk knew absolutely nothing. Management is never on site and every time i asked to speak to a manager no one was available. I was always told that i would get a call back and never recieved a return call. When i would call back managment would still be unavailable. Management and staff had no care for me or my business and will never recommend this place unless you want to lose money, have people be rude and incompetent plus a major headache. Instead of a heathly relaxing vacation i got to be on phones hours upon hours with tons of frustration. Don' be fooled by the glamore shoots and picture because although they are beautiful the management and staffs lack of business skills and incompetence are enough to ruin your vacation. The amont of money you going to pay for these cabins is not worth the frustration.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed 7 nights at Sherwood Forest & it was incredible. The cabin was exactly what we saw online (maybe even better) the bed was very comfortable, view was amazing. I'm not a morning person but I set alarm to get up & watch the sunrise over the mountain...breathtaking! We stayed in a one bedroom this year but we are already planning a trip next year with our kids & grandkids in one of the 5 bedroom cabins. I would definitely recommend Sherwood Forest!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Sherwood Forest Resort? Share your experiences!