“Childhood Memories Cabin” 5 of 5 stars

4306 Forest Ridge Way, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Groveland, Florida, United States
“Childhood Memories Cabin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This cabin was amazing! We stayed there for 3 nights with my family and my husbands family. 19 of us in all. There was space for everyone and amazing things to do. Everyone was happy. You can almost get lost in this cabin it is so large! I highly recommend staying here. Beautiful resort, with great amenities, and awesome customer service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My Family and I booked and reserved Hearts Desire Cabin to which i needed to shorten my stay and politely asked to help me out being that i have supported the resort staying on three other occassions which were also complicated, but this surely draws the line. On top of the fact that they couldn't remove a day from my stay by good gesture and refused to help by any means necessary no matter how much i pleaded, but two days before my check-in i receieve another reservation for another cabin on a whole other sister property, then get a call that my cabin is not available and they choose to move me to another cabin not of my choosing on a whole other property. The cabin we were moved to we were not satified with and wasn't given much of a choice due to availability on such short notice. To make matters worse incompetent managemet and unhelpful staff's problem solving skills are that compared to a deaf mute. Their solution to this major issue was to charge me another $900 to reserve this new cabin and then refund my money they had already pulled from my my account. Front Desk even asked if one other party member had money to pay for the new reservation. Being that this was a sister property don't understand why the original reservation could not have been tranfered over and then refunded the difference. All my money in my account had been pulled to satify my reservations and was afraid they would continue charging if i had agreed and just settled for thier lack of business skills. Management has no care about guest and guest satisfaction and front desk skills are rude and incompetent. Every time i called could not get any help and front desk knew absolutely nothing. Management is never on site and every time i asked to speak to a manager no one was available. I was always told that i would get a call back and never recieved a return call. When i would call back managment would still be unavailable. Management and staff had no care for me or my business and will never recommend this place unless you want to lose money, have people be rude and incompetent plus a major headache. Instead of a heathly relaxing vacation i got to be on phones hours upon hours with tons of frustration. Don' be fooled by the glamore shoots and picture because although they are beautiful the management and staffs lack of business skills and incompetence are enough to ruin your vacation. The amont of money you going to pay for these cabins is not worth the frustration.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed 7 nights at Sherwood Forest & it was incredible. The cabin was exactly what we saw online (maybe even better) the bed was very comfortable, view was amazing. I'm not a morning person but I set alarm to get up & watch the sunrise over the mountain...breathtaking! We stayed in a one bedroom this year but we are already planning a trip next year with our kids & grandkids in one of the 5 bedroom cabins. I would definitely recommend Sherwood Forest!

• Stayed September 2012
DeKalb County
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Although we were very happy with the location, view, and other offerings of this resort cabin, a week after we arrived home, my husband and I broke out in hundreds of bed bug bites which kept multiplying day by day. We were so afraid that we might have brought them into our home that we washed our clothes from our suitcases and then our bedding in hot water and slept outside our own bedroom for nights in order to starve any bugs which had accompanied us home.

The gestation period for bites to show up is 7-9 days, and I was confused and amazed when I had hundreds of red, itchy welts all over my upper torso after what we thought was a pleasant vacation in the Smokies. I was so embarrassed that I had to wear long sleeves for weeks in the heat in order to go out in public. This should NOT happen.

I responded to a feedback form sent by the resort, explaining that I gave them low ratings only after having discovered their hidden problem. I did not hear back for them. I strongly suggested that they inspect their cabins for bed bugs, which I hope that they did.

If anyone else has had a problem in the Tennessee Dreams cabin, I suggest you not only let the resort management know but post on this site as well, since they do not seem to be in any way sympathetic or inclined to compensate anyone for their trauma and discomfort!

Sad business practices. We will not go back or recommend to anyone. I will post this on other travel sites as well to warn unsuspecting customers willing to pay 200 dollars a night of this plague.

Room Tip: Inspect your mattresses and beds for any evidence of bed bugs before spending a night!!!!!
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first time staying at Sherwood Forest but it won't be our last. We stayed in "Hunter's Hideaway". The rates at Sherwood Forest were more reasonable than many other options we looked at, so we kept our expectations to a minimum. Once we arrived, our expectations were blown away. The view from the deck was amazing the hot tub and gas grill on the deck were both very clean and worked perfectly. The cabin interior was spotless. The decor was impressive and included many tasteful accent pieces that made it feel like we were staying in a home instead of a rental. The online booking was simple and included additional discounts for online reservations. We will definitely be back to Sherwood Forest!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed in A View to Remember and the cabin so nice. The view from the deck is one of the best in the resort. The cabin has everything you need to make your stay a life time memory. Sitting on the deck in the morning with a cup of coffee or soaking in the hot tub at night was so relaxing. The drive way to the cabin is not for the faint of heart as it is very steep but well worth it once you master it. The reservation, check in and out process was so easy and the staff was excellent. We had rented a cabin before at another location from another company and we had to sign our life away just to get the cabin. A note for anyone bringing your motorcycle on a trailer. You will not be able to get your trailer to this cabin or a lot of the others but when I made the reservation they told me I could leave the trailer at the pool parking lot. I have an enclosed trailer so we parked it at the pool and left the bike in it. When we wanted to ride we drove the truck to the pool, got the bike and off we went. The resort is gated and the trailer and bike were fine. I would definately return and highly recommend this cabin and resort,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Perfect cabin and perfect weather! This makes our 13th visit to Sherwood Forest. As I have said in my other reviews I have never had any problems with the cabins being clean or the staff. Enchantment Ridge is the cabin we stayed at this time. It's a 1 bedroom. Has a great view of the mountains. We had a great time relaxing in the Hot Tub and grilling out every night. I will say the grill was very dirty but after burning it off for a while it was ok to cook on. We did get to see 2 raccoon's and a fox. Was hoping to see a bear and cubs. I heard that there were some in the resort. We stayed 5 days but it went by to fast. Going back in Nov. We try to make it 4 times a year. Going to post a couple of pictures. I would also rent through Sherwood Forest Resort.

Room Tip: Higher up the best views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sherwood Forest Resort? Share your experiences!