“Good place to see.” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Gardens, Outdoors
4 attraction reviews
“Good place to see.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband & I really enjoyed this place overall. Really liked interacting with the birds. If you go into the Lory bird area, be forewarned, the birds do land all over you. I had 2 land on my head & one pooped on me. Also, in another area, I had a bird that was not labeled as one that would bite, but he did get aggressive with me & it took a while before my husband found a staff member to get it off of me.

“Becoming one with nature the way God would like for us to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The most serene, beautiful and amazing place we have experienced in all of our trips to Tennessee... Being able to interact with all of the beautiful birds was awesome and for any age...loved the one that got asked who we going to praise...he says praise the Lord...to a beautiful cockatoo named Tennessee that could sing Rocky Top...worth every penny..we will be going back...looking forward to many new features coming in Summer 2015

Elizabethton, Tennessee
“So fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been to pforge for years, and never had heard of parrot mountain. Boy. Was I missing out! Its so fun, and so beautiful! I was nervous at first but so glad I went! The birds were well trained, and so gentle! Can't wait to go back! And to all the people complaining about the price, get over it. They rescue and have to take care of those precious babies somehow! So worth the money!

Guelph, ON
24 attraction reviews
“When you can get so close to nature, it's great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Six of us went, ages 15 to 65, and we all loved it. Feeding the birds, holding them, and having the birds climb all over you was fantastic. The staff were helpful and answered all of our questions. Had a great time, and was fun taking pictures - we took dozens.
It's a steep drive in (it's on the side of the mountain!), and the paved paths are on hills, so be prepared. It wasn't hard to walk around, but it is something to consider.

7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful beyond words!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I love birds and Parrot Mountain seemed like a great place to take our daughter. We were overwhelmed when we walked into a beautiful haven that not only Glorified GOD, but held a tender and sweet love for every single bird on the property. We entered into a serene and beautiful environment that brought smiles and happiness almost immediately. One parrot actually said :Praise the LORD!!!. The staff was amazing, personal, attentive and knowledgeable--you could tell it was because of the staff the birds were so loving and friendly. The owner took time and performed a magic trick for our daughter, pulling a pocket parakeet from his shirt pocket. The staff member tending the nursery was wonderful! The staff in the gift shop were equally wonderful. It's very rare when you can find a place of such magnitude where your not considered a tourist just to get money from. I go could on for pages and pages. If you want a treasure chest to open then you have to visit Parrot Mountain. My family and I will definitely go back many more times.