“very disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
flusteredsome
“very disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Willow Brook based on reviews we read and the photos we saw on their page. Although it was pretty clean, we were very disappointed in the room. The TV was about a 17", not much bigger than the dvd screen in our SUV. Not what you would expect in their King Deluxe accomodations. The jacuzzi was far too small, not even big enough to sit in without folding up. The room itself was also very small. It was advertised to have in room high speed internet, but we could not find a connection. Although we are frequent visitors to Pigeon Forge, we will not return here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

This was my first stay at the Willow Brook Lodge. I must say I wasn't sure about staying at a hotel that wasn't part of the "chain", like Hampton Inn and Days Inn. We went January 14th and the hotel was almost empty. The lady that checked us in, she was not friendly, put us in room 501. The only problem we had was that we were the only people in this building. This room is on the fifth (top) floor, on the opposite side of the building from the elevator. Why she put us at the very top, opposite side of the elevator, in an empty building is beyond me. We had a room with a balcony that overlooked the outside pool. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. This hotel is completely smoke free. I love that because I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. But if I had been someone who smokes, I would’ve had to go down five levels and across the parking lot to a designated area to smoke. The breakfast there was very good. There were biscuits and gravy, donuts, cereal, beagles and toast. They had hot chocolate, coffee, hot tea and milk to drink. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room, the location, and the price.
  • Disliked — The location of the designated smoking area.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

If you are staying by yourself in this motel you have to pay the same as 2 people. I found that out at check in. I was traveling with 2 other people. When I ask why the answer was that all the motels do this. That is not true. I checked it out . Probably will stay somewhere else from now on.

Stayed December 2008
tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

My hubby has wanted to stay here for awhile,,, just didn't work out.. We went to Pigeon Forge for a short get-a-away with the baby.... He picked this hotel... We were all happy with the room. The king room was really nice. The bed was soft and the sheets smelled fresh and clean. We had a room with private balcony facing the outdoor pool. It was nice to watch the water flow from the kiddie pool mushroom. The pools were clean.. The bathroom was well kept and the carpets clean..(I can't deal with dirty bathrooms and carpet).... We will return... Try this one,,, I think you'll like it.

• Liked — The clean rooms.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kenova, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

We go every year and stay here and this is the best hotel in this area and great for kids too!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wellford, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I was nervous trying a new hotel when we have visited the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area so many times before, and always stayed in the same hotel. I thought we'd give Willow Brook Lodge a try, and I was NOT disappointed! The staff was very friendly even down to the housekeeper. The rooms were VERY clean and the beds were not horrible, but they were hotel beds.
We spent HOURS at the pool and loved it. My only suggestion would be to think about tagging along a beach chair for yourself if you plan on going during a busy time. The pool area gets awfully crowded and we had to wait for a chair. It wasn't a big deal though because we spent our time going on the slide all afternoon!
For those with children, the slide goes into the 4 foot section of the pool. Floats are not allowed on the slide, and for good reason. There was one little girl that could not swim and went down with her arm floats, and they came off half way down the slide and she couldnt' swim! Also make sure your children do NOT play under the slide. There is no guard around the bottom to seperate the slide from the general swimming area, and kids WILL get hurt from others coming down the slide. (Speaking from personal experience when my husband went down the slide and landed on a small child at the bottom!)
There is a fee for ice, although we never used it. They are strict on their towel prices by posting the price you will be charged in the bathroom, but I'm not one to steal towels so it did not bother me. If you do not bring your own pool towels, you can check up to 4 out at the office. Again, we brought our own so we didn't worry about that.
A fantastic hotel in my opinion. DEFINITELY will stay again.:)

Stayed in room 133.

• Liked — Loved the pool!
  • Disliked — The pool was crowded, but given for a summer weekend.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

We just returned home from a vacation in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

I originally booked our rooms online at the Willow Brook Lodge @ 3035 Parkway website. We were to stay from 7/14-7/17 for $98 a night using the manager's discount. My sister and her family decided she would like to go with us. She also booked her rooms online, but she needed to stay 7/15-7/18. I called and spoke with the receptionist. They allowed me to change my dates to match hers without any charges.

Our families were really stoked to stay at what we thought was such a nice place. I arrived on 7/15 about 30 minutes before my sister and her family arrived. I had paid $110.59 down online via my debit card. Then when I arrived I paid $221.18 in cash. We get the keys too the room and head on up. We were on the 2nd floor. Room 232. As soon as I opened the door I was disappointed. The room smelled moldy/musky and it appeared it hadnt been dusted in a couple weeks. I was disappointed, but sucked it up, because I was the one who picked the hotel. I looked around the room. The sinks/commode/tub/beds appeared to be clean so I assumed we could at least spend one night there until we could get rooms that the place we normally stay.. Best Western Toni Inn (always VERY clean!). The carpets looked dark/dirty but I didnt know HOW dirty until I took off my shoes and walked across the carpet in my new white bamboo socks. A couple trips across the floor and my new socks were BLACK. Im not exaggerating at all. For $100 a night.. the room should be CLEAN as a pin! Everything was dark and very outdated. My husband was immediately ready to leave, demand a refund, and go to the Toni Inn. However, I wasnt sure we could get a room there and we would be out on the street with a 2 and a 6 year old.

My sister arrived about 30 minutes after I did. Her daughters had both decided to bring a friend and at the front desk they ask you to write down the names and ages of all the people staying with you. When she booked online she didnt know the extra 2 people would be joining them, but assumed she could pay an extra $5 a piece or whatever most hotels charge for additional people and all would be fine. Nope. They wouldnt let her stay at the hotel. She had to find another place to stay. She then calls my cell and tells me what is going on. She is going to go over to Main Stay Suites and stay for $7 more a night, and asked me to come too. It didnt take much convincing because the room wasnt up to my expectations at all.

I go down to the front desk, explain about the room and the problem with my sister. They say I can leave and they wont charge me the $25 fee. BUT they couldnt put my original $110 back on my debit account for 10-15 days. Mind you, we are not rich, and we needed that $110 on this trip. I had paid the rest of my balance with cash when I arrived. I agreed to stay that night because I wouldnt have enough $$ for the entire trip if I didnt. But I wanted to cancel the next two nights and go stay at the Main Stay Suites with my sister. They said they could do it, but couldnt give me my cash back until I checked out the next day because they said they didnt have it. Bull! I just paid it to them 30 minutes prior to that. So I refused to leave until I got my cash back. They finally gave it to me.

We took my boys to the pool. I was expecting it to be much larger. It was small and the there was WAY too much chlorine. The slide would have been fun for my oldest, but it was so crowded, that he couldnt safely go down it. There was no lifegaurd and the kids were coming down so fast he couldnt get out of the way before one of them hit him. We left and went to the inside pool. No one was in there. The pool was ok, but the hot tub was NASTY. The was was GREEN. I mean literally GREEN. My son cried and cried. He wanted to go in the hot tub so bad.

We stayed gone all afternoon to avoid staying in the dirty room. Once it was time for the boys to go to bed, we returned to the room, gave them a bath, and went to bed. The sheets/towels did appear to be clean. They had a sign in the bathroom saying the costs of every towel, wash cloth, floor mat, etc. But there was no floor mat in our room to begin with. I called and told the lady at the front desk, because I didnt want to be charged for something that wasnt in my room when I arrived.

We got up at 7, loaded all of our things, went to eat breakfast, and checked out.

The breakfast was ok. The lobby was really neat/clean. Too bad the rooms arent like that. The food was good. Looked as if there was only one lady working and she was swamped! The food included gravy, biscuits, a few kinds of cereal, milk, juices, toast, bagels. Most of the food tasted fine but the bagels were hard as a brick.

We will not stay there again, and we would not recommend anyone else to do so.

• Liked — I didnt really like anything best. I guess the breakfast was the best part if I HAD to pick.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness! It was NOT CLEAN!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Willow Brook Lodge? Share your experiences!