“rude maid” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Maples Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Maples Motor Inn
You added Maples Motor Inn to your Saves list
2959 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868   |
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Marion, North Carolina, United States
“rude maid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very pleased with my room and my husband and i was bragging about the overall good points this place had and was ready to recommend to anyone.But we were so upset by the housekeeper this morning.My husband was up sick and been awake several hours in the middle of the night, I HAD GOTTEN UP AND GOT READY FOR THE DAY AND HAD MY STUFF PACKED AND READY TO GO ,My husband said he was going to try to sleep about an hour before we checked out so he layed down about 9,50 and in a few mins was sound asleep. I desided TO SIT AND READ UNTIL A FEW MiNS BEFORE CHECKOUT AND WAKE HIM, right before checkout.AT 10.20 a loud banging and knocking came across The door and when i got the door open the housekeeper was walking down the walk and didnt even look back.She had just done this to wake us.Needless to say my husband who badly needed this little bit of sleep was rude;ly awakened in the worse way. It was startling and really disturbing .If checkout is eleven ,no body needs to be at my door before that.i payed for that room ,not her and that was so rude.iT WAS A CHEAP ROOM but i would rather pay more money for a place just shows respect ,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
we sincerely apologize to Virginia and her husband. the maid obviously was in error. the maids are instructed not to knock on doors or enter rooms until the guests have turned in their key and left. we will be having a meeting with the staff tomorrow to review this key point.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, quiet and friendly. Free wireless, refrig, microwave, 2 queen beds table & hair dryer. Loved our stay with the grand kids. Can't beat the location in Pigeon Forge or the amenities.

• Stayed August 2013
thank you, dan, glad your stay was enjoyable!
robin and I want to take this opportunity to thank not only dan but also all our guests who take the time to write a review. we don't have nearly as many as the other top motels in pigeon forge, even though we have been around a lot longer than most of them.
we also must thank tripadvisor! our business is up from 2012, and we give much of the credit to our tripadvisor ranking. we always use the site to plan our own trips. I scratch my head at some of the restaurant ratings in pigeon forge (how can one krispy kreme restaurant be both 4th and 7th in the rankings?) but agree with the hotel listings!
Marietta, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was the first time we had stayed here, I had read the reviews and decided to check it out. The rooms were clean and the rate was reasonable. Close to everything. We enjoyed the river behind the motel and took advantage of the grill. The only thing that I would say, is that the pool could have used a cleaning. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay and have recommended it to family. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
thanks for the kind review, Stephanie. the pool is normally very clean thanks to Ronnie and Tom, our excellent maintenance staff. we had lots of storms in august, and I recall seeing guests using the dipnet in the aftermath of evening storms. those darned crape myrtles are beautiful and bloom for a long time, but a little wind causes quite a mess! our pool did score 100 on August's health department inspection.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was the absolute best, I was in town for just one day but wanted to stay longer. It's very clean, quite, and up to date. The people are very generous with generous with giving you privacy. Its close to everywhere, mini amusement parks, shopping, restaurants. My boyfriend and I literally just walked the strip and went had a night out on the town. I really enjoyed myself will definitely make reservations here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
thanks for the kind words, sapryer! wish I knew why you only gave us 4 out of 5 on sleep quality and cleaniliness. we appreciate every opportunity to improve our service and facilities. please come again.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been staying at this motel for over ten years. I keep going back because they make you feel welcome. I promise after staying here more than two times they'll remember you. When I first stayed here it was family owned motel. Now some of those good people have passed away but it is still family owned. All of the people who work there go beyond their way to make you feel welcome. It is clean, quite, great location and best atomsphere around. They have a great pool and it is very close to walk to go carts, putt putt and shopping. I would highly recommend this place for anyone. They do have family suites but I have never stayed in one but am sure they are very nice too. Love this place and their employees.

Room Tip: I love the first floor it is close to pool and very quite. I recommend any one of the rooms close to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
as I write this on sept. 4, 2013, I must sadly report that my brother joe, co-owner since 1995 has passed away. our hearts are heavy, everyone who knew joe will feel the same as they hear the news. due to a very serious auto accident only 3 months after we took over the reins of the business, joe was paralyzed from the heart down and legally blind. for most of this time he has lived on the property with his cats. his body gave out, but never his spirit. please pray for all his family and friends as they grieve.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This Was Our First Time StayinG At This Hotel The Location Is Great. The Rooms Are Nice N Clean. All Staff Was Extremely Nice N The Price Was Great. ItWasVery Quite We Never Heard Any One. I Recommend ThisHotel

• Stayed July 2013
thanks, chunkmonk! as I said in an earlier response, july is a busy month with lots of families. we are happy at all your nice comments, especially about the quiet atmosphere. it really is calm and relaxing most of the time.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The people were friendly and the rooms were clean. The bathroom was very small (not a space for claustrophobic people). The tile were broken and the toilet very wobbly. The beds are uncomfortable and the pillows are flat.The air was not on when we arrived so it was very hot. There is a go cart track directly behind the room we stayed in that was very noisy. The walls are so thin that I could hear the conversation of the people in the room next to us. The picnic tables by the water were nice but when we went out to enjoy them there was another guest there smoking a joint. They did refund our money so we didn't have to stay an extra night.

• Stayed July 2013
jack and robin m, Manager at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We are sorry you had a bad experience at our motel, and appreciate the opportunity to respond to some of your criticisms. We actually have many compliments about the beds, as we replace the mattresses on a regular schedule. The mattresses are firm; those who prefer softer beds should lie down on the bed before deciding to stay. The bathrooms are indeed small, although this is the industry standard for the time when the building was constructed.
This brings me back to my first suggestion for all travelers-- look before you rent. However, as Cobb45 knows, we will refund payment for unused nights. We also try to do anything within reason to make our guests happy, and would have moved these guests to another room and provided extra pillows if we had been asked.
We apologize for the wobbly toilet and will make sure it is fixed. The walls between rooms are 6" blocks covered with paneling (This time of year many of our guests are families with children who tend to be noisier than couples.)
Thanks again to all those who take the time to write reviews, good and otherwise. We know we can't please everyone, but thank our many repeat customers for their amazing loyalty. If you prefer modern, corporate-style accommodations (and the accompanying cost), we invite you to check out our rooms and compare the value. We actually take pride in being known as a "mom and pop" family business. After all, Mom's place may not be the fanciest, but it has its charms.

Been to Maples Motor Inn? Share your experiences!