Frequently visit the Smokies but this was our first stay at Maples. We usually have our dog with us and Maples does not allow dogs, but this we were making a short trip and left him behind. One of the main factors in deciding on staying here was the number of reviews that commented on the cleanliness. Our room was exceptionally clean and everything in the room and the rest of the premises that I saw looked to be well maintained. I saw at least one comment calling the room "tiny." I don't know what they are used to, but I found the room to be at least average in size and larger than a lot of places that I have stayed. I think most of their rooms are the same. So being clean, roomy with a coffee maker, microwave and fridge it was what I was looking for. It backs up to they river and they have some grilles and picnic tables that you can use. You can probably fish there if you want to.You can't book online, but they have the rates posted by date and like most places their they vary greatly depending on when you go. Since there rates are posted (all rooms the same I think) it only takes a minute to make the reservation and check in and out was quick and easy. I don't think you can beat their prices by much. It is right on the strip and at certain times that can be great or terrible, depending on what is going on (for example; if you are going on Rod Run weekend and not participating - don't stay there).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family business created by a seventh-generation Sevier Countian and his wife and operated by their sons, we specialize in clean, attractive rooms at very reasonable rates. Our staff of 15 is composed of honest local people who strive to be friendly and helpful. Most of our guests are repeat customers or are referred by their friends and families. We are located in the center of Pigeon Forge withing walking distance of several outstanding restaurants, outlet malls, and amusements. Once you have tried our motel, your vacation planning becomes a snap. We've been here 40 years and we ain't going anywhere. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maples Motor Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Maples Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Maples Motel Pigeon Forge