“Not new, not plush, But seriously clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maples Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Maples Motor Inn
Save Saved
You added Maples Motor Inn to your Saves list
2959 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868   |
Ranked #7 of 93 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Covington, Georgia
“Not new, not plush, But seriously clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I just spent 2 nights with the Maples, We visit PF 3 to 5 times a year and usually stay at the Ramada for the indoor heated pool. We've had several friends speak well of the Maples, So we gave it a try. It's not new but it's well kept the rooms are as clean as any I've ever seen. The only issue I had is the WiFi it's weak and extremely slow when and if I could connect, I have to have WiFi so I spent quite a bit of time at Micky D's or other wifi hotspots. Hopefully they'll get it repaired before our next trip. I met the owner and he's everything you could ask for in a friend. YUP I'll stay there again it's a nice place operated by good people. There's no shortage of places to stay in PF,but I think I'll be ok at Maples next trip.

Room Tip: You have to pay for ice here so bring quarters,,,,, lots of them. If you're picky about you'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
thanks for the kind words, onesawb. we did recently get our wifi repaired and hopefully our guests will have better service. it's very convenient for our guests to park right outside their room. but as onesawb says, even if you park on the other side (or stay on the second floor), your vehicle is still close by.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chrisney, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

linda & fella jones chrisney in. have stayed at maples for years. usually in the spring and fall. the rooms are always spotless clean. the staff is always helpful. they always let us park our motorcycle trailer in the grass. the pool and grounds are always spotless. our only concern is that someday they will sell out and we will have to find someplace else.

Room Tip: like rooms on the back best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
White House TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visit Pigeon Forge multiple times in a year. Maples Motor Inn is a comfortable and clean place to stay the night the weekend or a week. I have never had a negative experience and My wife and I have stayed there at least 6 or 7 times. The prices are hard to beat even during special events weekends. This location really takes me back to my young adult days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just spend a one week vacation at the Maples and was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and of the motel in general. I rented two rooms, one for my wife and myself, the other for my daughter and her husband. We were all impressed at the overall stay. Having spend a good number of nights at quite a few motels I would rate the Maples as the best overall for the price paid. Yes, the rooms may be a little smaller than some, the traffic on the Parkway may cause a delay upon exiting, etc. BUT the value for the price paid is outstanding! And, we found the staff to be friendly and cheerful. The office staff and the house keeping staff exceeded my expectations. My family and I had no complains and WILL stay here again if and when we revisit the Smoky Mountains. It's nice to stay in a friendly clean motel. So many are not. Thanks Maples Motor Inn for a job well done.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Maples Motor Inn has a few positives and several negatives. First the positives. The teeny tiny rooms are immaculately clean, some of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. A big well done to their housekeeping staff! WiFi signal is strong and fast. Beds are clean and comfortable. New flat screen TVs. I appreciate their No Pets policy, as it keeps the grounds clean and quiet. Negative aspects of this property are as follows. The property is very old, which is probably why the rooms and bathrooms are so very tiny. They still use metal room keys, which are less secure, and they still use an antiquated pen and paper registration process. You must pay for ice. Shampoo is not supplied in the room but is available at the desk, if the desk clerk is not busy on the telephone. Only one person is on duty, and the office closes at night. Room doors open to the outside. There is no breakfast service in the morning. Room rates are way too high, when compared to similar lodging facilities in Pigeon Forge. The staff is not friendly and appear very bored with their jobs. We were never once thanked for our business. Upon checkout, the older lady with the new white Cadillac who was on duty never even looked at me when we checked out and never even said a simple thank you for staying with them. Room rates are non negotiable and are set according to an annual published schedule. Even when asked if they will match competitors who have more amenities and charge much less, Maples refuses to negotiate. I would guess this is due to arrogance, after so many years in business and having turned pretty good profits over the years, which is what probably accounts for the rude attitude of the staff as well. We will not be staying here again, and I recommend if you are going to Pigeon Forge that you do not make reservations, since all the lodging facilities will compete with each other for your business, except Maples Motor Inn which stubbornly clings to their annual price list. Watch out when you check in, as they charge your credit card ahead of time, which is contrary to lodging industry standards. Other hotels only charge your card at checkout. I do not recommend this facility. We left after one night and moved to a motel that charged less than half what Maples was charging us, and the new motel offered breakfast and an indoor pool.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a large room. The standard rooms are like closets.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
jack and robin m, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
we appreciate all reviews as a way to improve our service to our customers new and old. we know we can't please everyone but some of the criticisms of cruiser are fixable. i believe he stayed in one of our six king bed rooms that are indeed smaller than our other 57 units. we usually invite the customer to look at the room prior to check-in. we are sorry we didn't give the guest this opportunity. the property is certainly safe and secure; doors can be deadbolted in addition to the locking doorknob. we have never had a break-in or employee theft in 42 years. we use the "antiquated pen and paper registration process" to provide backup to our computer system. we apologize to the guest if the process was too slow for his satisfaction. we will soon modify our charge for ice-- our primary reason has been to guarantee that the ice doesn't run out on hot days from people filling coolers. our rates are competitive with similar properties in the area and vary through the year as the guest notes. to have moved to a similar accomodation at less than half our price i would guess that he stayed with us on a busy october weekend, when rates are highest, then went across town on sunday., when our rates drop significantly. rudeness, arrogance and thanklessness are certainly not adjectives often applied to our staff, and the guest can rest assured that our employees will be reminded of our standards of hospitality. finally, we collect payment in advance, but will always provide a full refund for customers who cut their stay short.
Wood River, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We selected Maples Motor Inn for an overnight stay while enjoying the fall foliage at nearby Smoky Mountains. On the good side the room was superbly clean and the beds were ultra comfortable. I hated the location, glutted with traffic and polluted with all cheesy attractions on the strip. Though that is something that you can't really get away from in tacky Pigeon Forge. The Wi-Fi signal seldom worked, so I took to boasting a signal from the Willowbrook next door. The service staff looked very depressed and sad. (Again something that you can't seem to get away from in dour Pigeon Forge.) Though it wasn't a huge deal, I didn't like having to pay for ice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
thanks for taking the time to review our business, anthony. we appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of our rooms; that is our top priority as one of the longest-operating motels in pigeon forge. however, we always take criticism very seriously. we continue to try and improve our free wireless internet service. more alarming is the perception of our staff as sad and depressed. this impression is one we will address with our employees, who in reality are actually nice, optimistic local folks. thanks again for staying with us. we pledge to work hard every day to earn the trust and business of each and every guest.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this motel for several years with my family and friends. I continue to stay at Maples because the rooms are clean, reasonable rates and a good location. With Maples, I can have several weekend getaways a year without breaking the bank.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Maples Motor Inn? Share your experiences!