“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maples Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Maples Motor Inn
You added Maples Motor Inn to your Saves list
2959 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868   |
Ranked #8 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this motel for several years with my family and friends. I continue to stay at Maples because the rooms are clean, reasonable rates and a good location. With Maples, I can have several weekend getaways a year without breaking the bank.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

been here several times, always the same perfect stay, wish the fall colors had been better, if you are looking for a great clean place to stay and not break the bank, Maples Motor Inn is the place for you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am from Salem, Va about 4 hours from Maples. I am 24 years old and since I was born in 1988, my parents and grandparents have ALWAYS gone to Maples the SAME week, every single year and stay in the EXACT same rooms. My grandfather passed away in 1997 and my grandmother in 2005 so as a family we haven't been since my grandmother passed away. We did however try a "condo" which was just insane and didn't feel like our "home" at the maples. My fiancee and I have now decided to carry on the tradition of going to the Maples with my son who is 6. This will be our 3rd year in a row (different rooms) but I REFUSE to go anywhere else!!! I have known Robin and Jack all my life and even good ole' Joe! I looked up to Bud, who was and from my understanding part time pool/yard maintainer! If you want a place FULL of love and family, THIS is where you need to go. I can't help but think that people look at the 150-200 dollar a night hotels are feeling like luxury but yet, compalin because of the BUGS and FILTH and COCHROACHES!!!. That is one thing i can honestly say in the 24 years and over 30 visits to the maples... i have NEVER i mean NEVER had a dirty room, dirty sheets, seen even a FLY in a room! The fridge is always clean and so the microwave. Bathrooms smell like bleach (okay with me, means its clean) and we always have plenty of towels for the 3 of us! We are ACTUALLY leaving in about an hour to head that way!!! See ya soon Robin and Jack!

Room Tip: We love the suites but also love the rooms. I have always been used to the bottom floor but during...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Maples Motor Inn is an awesome place!! I was a little nervous about staying somewhere so cheap.I was thinking $50.00 it cannot be what everyone is saying. But it was and then some!! The entire staff was so friendly! The pool was nice and clean! The rooms were spotless and smelled clean! The River behind the motel was nice! We sat behind the motel and had breakfast at one of the picnic tables! It was quiet and relaxing! It is in the middle of everythign but sat back far enough that it was peaceful!! Cannot wait to stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here many times over the years. We have stayed in regular rooms and in the suites. All rooms are clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful with local information. We like the location. It's pretty central to everything we do. Just can't say enough nice things about it

• Stayed August 2012
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

If you want comfortable beds, extremely clean rooms and a quiet atmosphere this is the place for you! We stayed there from July 3 to July 7 for 75.00 per night for a double queen room. The pool is extremely nice and clean. The area behind the motel was wonderful, with picnic tables, grills and river access. Thought it was nice that they said quiet time was from 11 pm to 7 am and no loud disturbances would be tolerated nor would public display of alcohol use. Loved the 32 in flat screen TV and free WIFI as well. Great Place for relaxation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family almost always stays at maples when visiting pigeon forge, and it is usually a great place, quiet and clean. However our trip this past weekend only lasted one night there. The maids were cleaning when we checked in, but that night we found a condom wrapper, mountain dew bottle ad warhead candy papers under the king bed. Also there was a soft spot in the wall beside the hair dryer (this is a jacuzi suite, room 131), after coming home from vacation we received a letter in the mail that maples has charged $150 for the damage that was already in the room. We were told Friday night they would return Saturday, we called saturday and they now wont be back until monday. This is really upsetting because we always stay here and enjoy it. So for future guests of room 131 check for any damamges and report it, take photos, or whatever you may need so this does not happen to you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
we spoke to this guest today. we were not aware of damage to the wall until after the guest checked out-- no previous guest had reported it, no housekeeper had reported it, and it was significant enough that it should have been noticed. one week before we had family stay in the room so we know it occurred after that. what we did know was that the guest checked out early and the clerk reported her as being very upset. we were quite upset when we saw the damage. even so, after speaking with the guest, we have refunded the charge for the damage. as to the condition of the room, the guest admitted to us that the housekeeper may have felt rushed to finish the room (as the guests were waiting outside the door), and that the head housekeeper had no chance to double check the room before the guests entered. also, there was no mention of trash in the room until the guest had received the charge for the damage. nevertheless, there is no excuse for our staff opening a room unless it is in spotless condition. for this we sincerely apologize, and our staff has been reminded of our expectations and longstanding reputation for cleanliness. we understand that this reputation and the goodwill we have built with our guests through the years is our most valuable asset. as for the traveler, please notify us upon check-in if anything in your room is amiss. we will try to make it right to the best of our ability.

Been to Maples Motor Inn? Share your experiences!