“Love it” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This place is amazing. I love the Corn chowder soup. tons of food. but good. I like the fried chicken my husband likes the meatloaf. I eat here everytime we come.

Visited July 2014

Hiram, Georgia
“Plenty of Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

You may have to wait in line, but it'll be worth it. The home style country cooking is more than you can eat. Your eyes will be bigger than your stomach. Whether you go for breakfast or dinner there is so much to choose from. The staff is friendly and food is aplenty. It's a little walk up to the door unless you take the elevator. And they have an Old Mill General Store you can shop in either before or after you are done eating.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Not the same as before...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We ate here a few years ago and really liked the place. Now on vacation we came here first since it was great last time. I don't know what has changed but we were disappointed to say the least. The wait was very long, once we were seated the service was prompt. I ordered a rib eye steak and my wife ordered mahi mahi. Our waitress apparently had too many tables to take care of. She tried very hard but I noticed not only did we get frustrated but others were frustrated as well. We kept running out of drinks, took along time to get our bill, etc.. My steak which I thought was a little on the expensive side was overcooked and tough. Our salad was on a small plate and spread very thin unlike most restaurants that serve salads in a bowl. My wife's fish was dry at best. I remember before the food and service was excellent. Not this time maybe we caught it on a bad day..............hmmm. I don't see us going back next time we visit this area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We read such great reviews, so we wanted to try this restaurant. We arrived around 6 on a Monday and got right in. Service was quick and friendly. Food was good! I had prime rib. It was a little tough, but had a good taste. My husband had liver and onions. It was good, but crispier than he normally likes(it does say it's crispy on menu). The kids' meals came with a drink and vanilla ice cream, which was delicious. The adults' meals came with a choice of dessert. Chocolate cake was delicious. Pecan pie was yummy! The adult meals included corn chowder, salad, meal, corn fritters, bread, and dessert. I thought prices were reasonable for a tourist area. Kids' meals are $6.99 including meal, drink, and ice cream! Hubby said sweet tea was what sweet tea was to taste like!:). We will eat there again during our next trip to Pigeon Forge!

Cloverdale, Virginia
“Best Breakfast in Pigeon Forge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We always get "The Old Mill Country Breakfast", and split it between us. The food is very good and it is plenty for two people. Everything tastes homemade. We have eaten breakfast at many places in town and this is by far the best in our opinion.

Visited July 2014