“Great Meal, Huge Portions” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 144 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Inman, South Carolina
“Great Meal, Huge Portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Country cooking at its best. Portions are HUGE! We took home enough for two subsequent meals. Wait staff is top notch. Everything is really clean. A extremely well run restaurant.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“It was OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I chose The Old Mill Restaurant for lunch because of the menu and because of its ratings/reviews on Trip Advisor. This restaurant was rated #5 out of 136 restaurants in Pigeon Forge…with about 4.5 ‘stars’ out of 5 possible and an astounding 2,377 reviews!

The restaurant is spread out over several decks or levels…probably to maximize seating.
It is nicely located right on the Little Pigeon River. The Old Mill Restaurant is located right next to the actual Old Mill...which dates back 184 years!

The lunch menu is simple and easy to follow. All 18 Southern Style lunch specialties are priced the same and they include a cup of their Signature Corn Chowder, as well as corn fritters, homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. We both thought that the chowder was good if not great…

Other soups and a handful of salads are available on the luncheon menu. There are also 4 vegetarian offerings. If you aren’t in the mood for a full dinner like we ordered, there are 9 sandwiches on the menu. They range from an American Burger to a Hot Roast Beef, a Grilled Chicken, a Hot Turkey or a Country Ham Sandwich… With the sides that accompany these sandwiches, these choices probably end up being even larger than the lunch specialties… Sandwiches also come with the chowder, fritters and potatoes!

The corn fritters were excellent and I could have made a meal of them by themselves. For some reason, our waitress also brought us some terrific biscuits as well. We devoured them in short order! For her lunch, Laurie went with the Southern-Style Pot Roast and Gravy. It was good but not particularly distinctive. There was certainly plenty of meat though… Personally, I’m always looking for the best Southern (or Northern or any) Fried Chicken. The Old Mill’s version was pretty good…but it was a little bland and it was certainly not close to the best I’ve had.

To summarize our luncheon experience at the Old Mill Restaurant... The prices were reasonable, the service was decent and the food was plentiful and filling if not outstanding. In our opinion, 3 to 3.5 'stars' fits our dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Bend, Indiana
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The service was great which made the meal so much more enjoyable. We loved it so much we ate here twice while on vacation even though we make it a rule to try a new place every meal. Corn fritters amazing!! I cant say enough great things about this restaurant! Go hungry the prices were reasonable and the plates were over flowing.

Gallatin, Tennessee
“Country Cookin at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I would go back again and again, I enjoyed all of my food and alittle of my Fiance's food too. Being from the country I can tell you that this is some of the best country cooking i've ever had. If you like Cracker Barrel, Try multiplying their food and service by 100. And thats how I would rate Old mill. Not to mention its adorbale in there, and it truly is a little peice of History. I will be sure to eat there atleast twice everytime I go to Pigeon Forge. And I promise you will be begging for more of those fritters!

Pulaski, Virginia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

You must stop to eat here whenever you are in the Pigeon Forge area. Great food at a great price. The best county fried steak I have ever had. Breakfast is always great as well.

• Visited December 2013