“Excuses, but no reduces” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Riverside Towers
You added Riverside Towers to your Saves list
3455 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Excuses, but no reduces”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

We visit Pigeon Forge at least 4 to 5 times a year and have stayed here in the past to relatively good results. After our first stay, we probably even recommended it to others. Then, we found an online coupon to stay one night and receive the second night free on a Sunday through Thursday, but not on holidays or special events. Upon finding this coupon, we decided to stay again. We arrived on Sunday, Dec. 28 and were staying for two nights. The desk clerk said that he had been instructed not to honor any coupons this week because of New Years Eve and Day being on Wed. and Thursday. We were very disappointed that they refused the coupon, seeing that our stay was not on the holidays. Due to the times, everyone is trying to pinch pennies and save money or use coupons where possible and I would think that if your business prints a coupon, they would honor it as much as possible. As small business owners, ourselves, we know that the service industry's prices should bend and change and move as the times dictate. Obviously, this hotel's ownership doesn't value the fact that people are still trying to travel and support the local economy even in tough economic times. The hotel rooms are still ok, a little old, but ok. Stay if you want, just know that your coupons will probably not be honored

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

old and outdated,rude management,there are much better hotels in pigeon forge for less money

Stayed November 2008
Liberty, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

I actually booked another motel which looked good on the internet photos but when I actually walked into the room I immediately began my search again. I stopped and rejected several before arriving at River Towers. It was perfect, Large room, very clean, quit, view. Everything we were looking for in a hotel ( No Breakfast) Thats ok. We will definetly make this our first choice on our next visit.
MC

• Liked — Very Clean and quiet !
  • Disliked — No Negatives
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

My hubby and I stayed a night at this hotel for a short getaway. Loved the view and the room itself was lovely..... We were on the 6th floor and the park beside the old mill was across from us. The beds were comfrontable and the room was noiseless. My son enjoyed the pool (my hubby too.) The room was a 2 bedroom and worth the money.

Stayed August 2008
becki08
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

This was my 6th trip to Pigeon Forge and finally I have found a hotel that is accomodating for my family. I have four kids so its hard to find a hotel room big enough for us and one that I can separate the baby from the rest of the crew whenever she is sleeping and finally I have found that. The rooms where very large and you didn't hear the noise from your other bedroom whenever the door was shut so my husband could still watch tv after we went to bed! The kitchenette was nice. The refrig. worked a little to good. The view from the balcony was awesome! We had the Smokeys on one side and the main strip out of our window. They even provide Pantene shampoo instead of those cheap generic brands! My baby is use to a crib and this is the FIRST hotel to actually have portable cribs instead of playpens so she slept like she was at home!

If your looking for somewhere with huge tvs, this is not the place for you. The tvs are smaller than usually but still plenty big enough to satisfy us. The pool was nice and warm but it was on the ground floor so when you go to the elevator (which was outside) you got a little chilly and the beds where firm so if you have a problem with those things this is not the place for you but for us its wasn't a big deal.

I found a coupon on Pigeon Forge.com for 89.95 for the first night with the 2nd free so for a total of 100. and some change it was very much worth it and we will be going back very soon.

Also, we stayed in room 512 and we didn't see or hear any ghosts :)

• Liked — The size of the room.
  • Disliked — No kiddie pool.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

Rooms are clean and staff was polite. Having a room outside of the elevator was a BIG minus, but over all we were happy with our stay. Didn't like the locaton of the pool, it was a little inconvenient, but the water was great. We would stay here again.

• Liked — It was cozy
  • Disliked — no other activities offered, such as a game room or breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
asofge30134
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

I enjoyed my stay overall but it was rather ridiculous considering I went there for R&R. Elevator was broken so everybody was put on one floor. Door slammed right by my own room loudly every few minutes. I moved and then was more quiet. The whole town of Pigeon Forge was pretty empty parking lot but staff said they "had to go up on the price $40 for weekend night", therefore I had to find a room. My entire stay I am looking for another place to stay and I have the flu. Thanks so much. The experience itself was not without incidence. (Skateboarders at 1 and 2 a.m., loud noise, and rude staff as well as having to use the stairs to go everywhere)

Stayed February 2008

Been to Riverside Towers? Share your experiences!