“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 117 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Geneva, Illinois
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate here on our last night in town and we couldn't be more happy with Mel's! We both like the older diner look and the food was really good but the best part was the dessert! Strawberry shortcake was amazing as was the chocolate fudge sundae. Our waitress was very sweet and kind. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lucedale, Mississippi
“We Love Mel's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Before we leave the house on a trip to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, we are already talking about eating at Mel's Diner! My opinion is that if you find a place that the locals continuously go to, GO THERE. We always enjoy the atmosphere, food, and great service. The prices are reasonable, and they usually have coupons in all the tourist books at the welcome centers, so the value gets even better.
If you go to Pigeon Forge, try Mel's!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Indiana
“MUST visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Okay, so we discovered this place during our second trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. WOW! The food is absolutely amazing and affordable. The staff is super friendly and will go out of their way to make sure everything is enjoyable. I would caution everyone to only order the three scoop banana split. I thought the Ultimate Six Scoop banana split looked awesome and wouldn't be that big...I was wrong. The lady at the front told me it was four pounds or so of ice-cream. If you must order, be sure you have someone to share it with because it is too good to let go to waste. Great diner!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calhoun, Georgia
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very reasonable priced. I got a grilled chicken sandwich fries and tea it was around $6 taxes included and it was the whole breast on a huge bun a plate full of fries, me and my hubby could have split the plate and been stuffed. My grandparents told us about the place they love it as well. They serve breakfast and dinner menu all day.

Visited July 2012
“Largest and best pancakes I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went and ate around 4pm on a Saturday. Melody was our waitress and was really nice and gave us information about the area. My wife had the big bulldog hot dog which looked great! I had the lulu special where it cane with two eggs 2 sausage and 3 pancakes that were the size of my plate and the best I have ever ate. Usually in town I go to flapjacks but from now on ill be eating here! Also for two meals a sweet tea and a milk shake was 23 $ with a tip you get more then what you pay for!

• 5 of 5 stars Food