“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tennessee
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had the mac and cheese bites, fried chicken club sandwich, bacon cheeseburger and kids quesadilla and sweet teas. All were very good, but the mac and cheese bites were amazing! a must try. waitor rick was accomidating and friendly. will go back!

tennessee
“Great location - good variety of menu items”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have eaten here twice - once in December for lunch with two friends and more recently with 5 friends for dinner in March. The service on the most recent visit was okay but not what it should have been. We were there on a Saturday night around 8:15 pm and the restaurant was a little busy but not full by any means (and there was no wait for a table).
Among our group we ordered burgers, chicken pot pie, salads, open faced sandwich and bbq. All of the food was food and good sized portions. When we ran out of drinks and needed refills or to order more drinks it always took a while to get the waitress to place the order and it also took us reminding her when we flagged her down to please check on our drinks at the bar.
The restaurant is in a good location and offers a large variety of food making it a good choice for a group - especially when some are pickey eaters.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Talbott, Tennessee
“First - Last Meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I am 6'3", 350#, and starving. Waitress puts me and my family in a booth. Timberwood is at 20% capacity. I have to squeeze into the booth, my belly wedged between me and the table. I asked the host to move us, she said waiter could do it, and left. Waiter shows up, asks for our order. I tell him we need a table, he says none were available and I see 11 empty. So, stayed at the booth, My son ordered and ate. I was however pissed, and uncomfortable. My wife and I did not eat, told her she could order and I would wait and get something somewhere else. She said, she would wait with me. When my son needed beverage refill, we had to hunt down the waiter. When he was done eating, once again we had to hunt down the waiter, to pay. Needless to say, no tip was involved. My first, and last time to eat at Timberwood Grill, The Islands, Pigeon Forge. Advise you to go to Texas Roadhouse, as we did. They were there to refill our drinks and bread before we ran out. Put us in a comfortable spot, and even gave us a discount when we told them how bad we were treated at Timberwood.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Timber W, Manager at Timberwood Grill, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Good afternoon,

First off we would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had in our restaurant. I want to assure you that we strive daily to make customer service a number one priority. This is very unlike our staff and we would like to speak with you about your experience. I want to invite you back to give us another try. This is not how we treat out guests and again, very apologetic about the situation that occurred. Please give me a call at the restaurant 865-286-0600 so we can go into further detail. Thank you for your feedback. Without letting us know where to improve.. We would never know what details need to be addressed and worked towards improvement.

Kindest Regards,
Jennifer Cohen
Manager Timberwood Grill
865-286-0600
Trussville, Alabama
“Food not too good at the Timberwood!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were very disappointed in the food quality at the Timberwood Grill at The Island. It was bland, prepared poorly and just downright baaaad! I got the pecan crusted chicken salad and the chicken had no flavor and the salad was a total bore. My girls split a sampler platter that included a queso dip, wings, fried cheese balls which were all cold and bland. Overall I'd say nothing about this food was appealing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Timber W, Manager at Timberwood Grill, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Good afternoon,

First we would like to thank you for your review and feedback about the experience you had in our restaurant. Without this feedback, we would never know where to improve. I sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced. I would love to speak with you further about what happened and invite you back to give us another try. We focus daily on quality food and amazing customer service. Please give me a call at the restaurant 865-286-0600 so we can discuss the matter in further detail. Thank you for your time.

Kindest Regards,
Jennifer Cohen
Manager Timberwood Grill
865-286-0600
Barbourville, Kentucky
“happy camper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

we have been coming to pigeon forge for many years and been camping in the local rv parks, we have also tried just about every resturant in the area. so if a new one opens we have to try it. glad we did, the food was excellent very fast service, and the waitress brittany was great. she was very friendly and she knew about the menue any questions we had about the food she answered would recomend this resturant and waitress to anybody

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere