“In the middle of it all” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spring Sale 10% Off
Ranked #49 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“In the middle of it all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the James Manor August 2nd through the 4th check in was nice went to our room it was 207 and as we always do anywhere we stay checked for bugs did NOT find any, the view of the strip was awesome i would have to say overall of the room is need to clean furniture better as there was food in the cracks of chairs and also hair but we cleaned it up also hair in between boxspring and mattress other than that the room was great the beds were very comfortable matter of fact had to wake my daughter up both mornings and she is always up by 7 the pools were GREAT inside and out staff was very kind ran out of towels (our fault ) they went out of there way to get us more i would stay again

Room Tip: there all good rooms you can watch the strip or watch the island of Pigeon Forge
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will certainly look into the cleanliness more seriously. Hope to have you again as a repeat guest.

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is our second stay here. Hotel is in a great location and plenty of parking. The only issues we had that would have made it better was the air conditioner made a very loud noise all night which we told the front desk at check out. The beds squeaked every time you turned over and they have not updated to a flat screen tv yet. All of these are very fixable issues and would not keep us from staying again. All tho I may request a different room next time if available. This weekend hotel had no vacancy so we didn't try to change rooms. The room we had was # 604.

• Stayed August 2013
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We apologize for the loud AC noise and the beds. In fact, we have been replacing our mattresses and box springs to provide better sleeping experience to our guests. May be you got the room with the old mattresses. We are aware of the need to replace the TVs and will work on it after completing the mattresses. Hope to see you again as a repeat guest.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, as I used this site to decide to stay at James Manor. If you read any of my Yelp reviews, 90%+ are positive reviews. In this case, I feel it's a internet community service to help travelers get an accurate hotel assessment without a ton of one-time exception, hate-laden stories.

First, the location is absolutely great. It's Pigeon Forge retro at its finest, right on the main drag and a hop-skip-jump from Dollywood. If you want to walk to everything touristy, this is a great location.

Second, the staff was incredibly helpful, kind and caring in their jobs. Upon check-in, I was greeted and helped quickly. During my issues, they were responsive and did what they could to fix this issues.

My issue is the core of any hotel stay...the room. You can have a clean lobby, nice people and a great location, but if the room is bad, that trumps everything. These rooms are gross...simple. I walked into my first room and the stench of staleness overpowered me. While they are pet and smoke-free, I can't say with confidence that this rule has been followed by previous tenants.

The quickly moved me to another room. Upon entering the second room, I realized I was screwed. I'd already paid for the two-night room via a pre-paid site. Either I move to another hotel and pay the season-peak prices again or man-up and deal with it. Here are a few of my issues:

1. Rooms smell bad.
2. The previous guest's dirty wash cloths were still hung, grayish and stiff in the shower. I threw them in the hallway.
3. The phone had no cord to connect to the wall.
4. The bed was hard as a rock.
5. You get a thin sheet and a bedspread that I'd gamble hasn't been washed in several stays so be prepared to freeze your rear off or turn the AC off, causing the room to grow more odiferous.
6. The carpet is stiff and kind of sticky.

I've been up since 4 a.m. paranoidly scratching so I had nothing better to do than to write this review. Tonight, I will be sacrificing my second night and heading elsewhere. Lesson learned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks for taking time to post your comments on TA. We apologize for your experience during your recent stay at our hotel and will be working with our housekeeping staff to do a better job. However, I am not in agreement with you as regards the smell in the room. I was at the hotel when you checked in. After we moved into another room, we did go back to the first room and did not find any smell at all. Once you moved into another room, you did not complain about anything. So, I am a little surprised to see your comments now. We wash and clean the sheets regularly after each use. We do not allow pets in the hotel. We do have a strict policy of non smoking and no pets. However, theer are some guests who violate the smoking policy and it becomes very difficult for us to monitor the violators. Again, we apologize for not being upto your satisfaction. We will try to do the best to overcome the issues. Hope that you will come back and stay with us again in future.
Chesnee, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at many different hotels throughout the years, and can easily say that James Manor is not only filled with a wonderful staff, but it is also a warm and welcoming atmosphere for any family. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for.", and in regards to James Manor, you get far more. As I have read some of the other ratings, I find that some people expect "too much" when they haven't payed the expense of a 5 star hotel. But, those of us that are hard workers and live in the "real world", I can assure you that for the price, you will NEVER find any better place to stay than James Manor. The rooms are VERY clean, staff is professional, breakfast is great, kids have PLENTY to do, game room is nice, hot tub and pools are nice, and the location couldn't be better. When staying at James Manor, you are in the heart of all the great shows and activities that Pigeon Forge has to offer. As a Police Officer, I am very mindful of my surroundings and pay close attention to detail. I can STRONGLY encourage all families to book your vacation at James Manor!

Room Tip: Choose a "street view" if available, and choose the higher floors.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I gave an average rating because that is truly how I felt about the stay. It was an average hotel, it was clean, staff was nice, average continental breakfast (nothing fancy). In our room, one bed squeaked anytime you moved and the other was okay - not super comfy. It is a really good location, we walked to The Track and Sweet Frog - so that was nice.

They have an indoor and outdoor pool, the kiddie pool has a mushroom waterfall, which is nice - but it was super cold. They are nice, clean pools - but small.

Calvert City, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed last week. Room was semi-clean (we found a little pop toy and a chocolate chip cookie under the beds) We stay here often, liked the new chairs on the balcony. Did not like the new green comforters as they tended to slide off the bed in the middle of the night. The kids loved the popcorn popper in the lobby. Beds were very comfy. Perfect view of the sky wheel., Now we're torn between staying in the front like we usually do so we can watch traffic or on the back so we can watch the sky wheel through the windows and from balcony.

Tips
1.) Get the fuzzy blankets out of the drawer and put them in between the green blanket and the sheets. Otherwise you'll wake up under the sheet only and a missing comforter.

JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for your comments re the front and the back views from our room balconies. We have replaced the comforters less than a year ago and have received good comments from our other guests. We apologize that you did not like them. Hope to see you back as a repeat guest.
bethel ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights. The room was fine, enjoyed the balcony,it met all our needs. We think the pool needs some attention and the hot tub wasn't really warm enough. I also didn't feel the staff was all that friendly, sometimes it felt like anytime I asked for anything I was imposing. The cleaning crew were a lot more friendly than the clerks. Maybe they have a low self esteem of themselves I just don't know. I doubt that we'll stay there again. I can't say the staff wasn't polite, they were,only when confronted. Outgoing and friendly, no way!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesManorStaff, Owner at James Manor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I would like to comment that our front desk staff are very good at the way they treat our guests and many guests have commented on the friendliness of our staff. May be sometimes they fall short of the great expectations that our guests have. We apologize for that and hope to have you back as a repeat guest soon.

Been to James Manor? Share your experiences!