“Fantastic Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up to 15%
Ranked #6 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Gretna
“Fantastic Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From checkin to checkout this was a fantastic Hampton Inn. The staff was super friendly. Even coming to work the room service people were cheerful, smiling, and had a friendly conversation or comment to me as I enjoyed the newspaper and a morning cup of coffee outside in a rocking chair on their back porch. My daughter and I spent a week and we loved the breakfast, the friendly staff, the swimming pool area and the super clean rooms. The location is excellent as well. We really hated to leave and I can assure you we will be back in the Smokies and staying at this Hampton Inn. When I find a place this great I stay loyal. Mr./Ms. Manager you have one terriffic Inn. Please keep it this way!! I shall return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are very proud of our great staff here at the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge! Thank you Hillcatsfan2002 for recognizing them and letting everyone know how wonderful your experience was. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel with Tripadvisor, it means a lot to our management as well as our team members. Thank you again! :)

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I used to only stay at Christmas Place. Was not satisfied with the last two stays.So I decided to give this place a try during spring rod run and loved it so much we returned again in June.My new favorite place!

• Stayed June 2013
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Jesabc, Thank you so much for giving us the oppurtunity to become your new favorite hotel! Thank you even more for returning in June. We see a huge number of repeat guests on a daily basis. This is a true testament to our high level of customer service and our great hotel!1 Thank you again... I'm sure we will see you again soon! :)
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our second stay at this property. Some of the qualities that make this hotel great for us over other hotels in the area are some things that other properties can't compete with: great location off of the Parkway and a newer facilty with amenities that surpass other properties in this price range. Other features such as comfortable bedding, great heating & cooling, and excellent room amenities (in-room fridge, microwave, and large HD TV with a generous offering of channels available) only enhanced the enjoyment of our stay.

I crack up when I occasionally see folks have issues with the breakfast that a hotel might include with one's stay. Even seen a few disaparging comments about this hotel's set-up. My comments are if someone has an issue with what a great job of keeping all of the many food choices restocked for a 122 room hotel as the wonderful food staff does here, then they are just impossible to please. Same as our last stay, with smiles on their faces the entire time, these folks worked their backsides off providing for the guests on our particular Saturday morning. Great variety of food that should fit most anyone's needs. Many thanks to these hard working folks.

As many have mentioned on here: great outside pool area, wonderful hot tub (the nicest and largest we have ever experienced at about any hotel), excellent workout room, nice business center, and the best indoor pool area were have ever enjoyed.

We were fortunate to have a room on the 5th floor at the end of the hall with a great view of the mountains. We experienced no noise from adjoining areas.

My 3 sons totally get it. While their grammar, in this instance, might not be the best, their comments are best summarized up by, "Dad, this is the best Hampton Inn that we have ever stayed at". I would go one step further, I have stayed at many hotels when travelling for business.........Embassy Suites, Residence Inns, Homewood Suites, Courtyards, etc., and this hotel takes a backseat to none of them

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
HOORAY!! It definitely sounds like your family had a BLAST staying with our hotel again! Thank you very much for your loyalty to our Hampton Inn and to the Hilton family! Make sure to stop by the desk during your next visit to say Howdy! Again, we appreciate your feedback!! It means a lot to us!! :)
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed there August 7th through 9th. Arrived early room was not ready but they checked me in with a smile. I had a package sent to me there and it arrived a day before me and they had ready for me. Rooms were clean and new looking, pool and outdoor fireplace area was very nice. The kids enjoyed the pools alot. Location is not on main drag but that makes it the hidden gem. That Teaster street runs right up to the street to turn to Dollywood attactions without the traffic or the lights that are hard to turn at. Being off the main drag made it better in my opinon. This hotel well exceeded my expectations, I am a travel agent and stayed in a lot of hotels. I am picky and do look in all the corners and watch the service. I can confidently say I will send and recommend this to any one of my clients or family. Very well done!
This was the topper for me on the service. I was tierd while checking out and they asked how was my stay, and I said "pretty good" quickly because I was still sleepy. The front desk then responded was there anything we could have done better. Wow I was impressed. I am awake now and I should have answered you with it was excellent, above and beyond.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
What a great review! We are always eager to hear comments and suggestions from our guests on ways that we can improve our hotel and our customer service skills. Thank you again for sharing your experience with your fellow Tripadvisor readers. I'm sure they appreciate your post as much as we do!
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My 90 year old mother and I made a reservation at this hotel a week ahead. Upon arrival at 4pm, I was told that they had given our reserved room to someone else because my credit card would not run. I quickly told the girl at the front desk that I had used that very card 12 times that day for lunch and shopping and had had NO problem with my credit card!! She said they had given my room to someone else and had NO rooms for the night. I had a reservation for 4 nights!!!! The manager took what seemed like forever before he came out from behind the locked door! The desk clerk used the excuse that he was looking for another hotel for us to stay in. If I had been the manager I would have come out immediately to apologize for this horrible mess! He finally came out and handed me a piece of paper with the address for the Holiday Inn on it! That was it! I made him look to see if they had the correct credit card number and they did! I tried to tell him that I had used that very card ALL day and had had no problem. He said they had called my home phone number THAT DAY and left a message that they were canceling my reservation!!! I tried to explain to him that this did me no good since we left home that morning at 7 am!! I had given them my home phone number because that is what the girl at the motel asked for when I made the reservation! I want to make it clear that I used that very credit card for five days in Pigeon Forge with not one problem!! I complained to the corporate office of Hampton Inn only to receive an email that said they were sorry!! Be careful if you have a reservation at this Hampton Inn because they are not afraid of canceling it for NO reason!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
I'm sorry that you were unable to stay at our property during your visit. The credit card number that you gave to our clerk over the phone was unable to be processed; therefore I personally called the phone number, again, that you gave to our front desk clerk while making the reservations. I called your number twice, once at 7:30 am and about 12:00 pm, and left messages both times asking for a return call and explaining that we are unable to guarantee reservations on invalid credit card numbers. Perhaps, next time you can give a cell phone number knowing that you will be traveling. The reservation was cancelled appx 2 p.m. after I did not receive a return call from you. There are NO hotels in the area that will hold a reservation with an invalid credit card, especially on a sold out weekend. I did everything possible to contact you regarding your reservations. Once you arrived, our General Manager extended the courtesy of locating your family accomodations elsewhere. Again, I apologize, but this is and always will be the hotel's policy. Thank you! :)
Cincinnati, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I usually stay at the Christmas Place every time we come to Pigeon Forge. We really enjoyed this hotel. The quality of the rooms and the hotel staff was an A plus. Very nicely decorated, the entrance is gorgeous, the rooms were nice and the bathroom were very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I' m ecstatic that you gave us a chance to prove why we are ranked within the top 5 hotels in Pigeon Forge on Tripadvisor. The Inn at Chtistmas Place is a very nice hotel.. but let's face it.. you can't go wrong with the Hampton Inn! We honor a 100% guarantee, which you will not find at any other hotel, including the Inn at Christmas Place. Thank you again for your comments! See you soon! :)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here in mid-July, as a small 3 day stop on our way home from our beach vacation. This hotel was very clean, family friendly, and the location was great. It's set back just enough from the main strip - to be quiet and peaceful. Close enough that there's no drive time to get out to the fun. The swimming pool was loved by my kids, and the breakfast was a favorite as well. The only trouble we had was checking in, that we waited for nearly 10 minutes before anyone came to the desk to help us (which was about 7 or 8pm), but it appeared as though they were very busy, and potentially understaffed for the evening. I didn't bring this to the attention of the manager - as the rest of our trip was great. It was nice they had a small area that had some snacks/drinks for purchase - and we used that a couple of times, when we just wanted a little something to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Kathleen F for allowing the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge to accomodate your family while you were visiting the Smoky Mountains. It sounds as though our desk clerk may have been assisting another guest at the time you were checking in. I am so sorry that you had to wait. We aim for a speedy check in process. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I hope to see you in the future!:)

Been to Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!