“Modern Hotel Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Nashville, Tennessee
“Modern Hotel Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Recently had a three day stay at this new Hampton Inn. The check in process was very fast. The check out process very fast. Staff there were all very attentive. Hotel and rooms were very clean. Housekeeping services were great. I have recommended this hotel now to friends and I will stay there now each time I go back to the area.

Room Tip: stay on an upper floor
    • 5 of 5 stars
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you jonjon86 for your pleasant comments! It is a great compliment to hear that you have recommended us to your family and friends. The Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge has a very hard working staff and I am pleased to hear that they seen to all your needs while you were with us. Thank you again for staying with our new Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge.

TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently used HHonors points to stay here during our Fall Break. A nice clean and new hotel. A previous review mentioned the steep drive that scrapes the front end of cars coming and going, so be sure to take the drive slow. Also, there is a LOVELY firepit area where you enter the hotel from the parking area. Unfortunately, it was always filled with smokers on our trip, so we had to hussle past with the kids rather than getting to enjoy it.
I did get a chuckle that the signage for the kitchen read "Food Preperation" rather than "Food Preparation." FYI The mattresses here did not seem like typical Hampton mattresses to me or my husband. A little less than what we are used to.
Regardless, our room was clean, the staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay! The proximity to everywhere we were visiting was great. We would stay here again.

1 Thank CoolSprings
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor post. We are very proud of our staff here at the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge and I am glad to hear that they were more than accomodating to your family. Thank you again for choosing to stay with the new Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge Tn during your visit to the East Tennessee. Be sure to make your reservations for your next visit soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Pigeon Forge, TN. Very nice new hotel. I liked staying on Teaster Lane right off of the Parkway. You did not have to deal with the Parkway traffic all of the time. Loved their mattresses and pillows. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Beachbound123243
Thank you for your wonderful Tripadvisor post. Teaster Lane is a great alternative route to the Parkway. You can travel to several areas of Pigeon Forge without having to fight the traffic. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the Great Smoky Mountains!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is wonderful...everything was so clean..the rooms are spacious...modern..clean...great value..the breakfast was great wide variety..and very yummy..the fireplace is a great place to sit and meet new people from all over the world..the location of this hotel couldnt be any more convientient to all the attractions..the staff are very friendly and helpful...thanx billie...you do your job well at the front desk...i would drfinately recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive Tripadvisor review! It was a pleasure having you here and I definitely look forward to your next visit with us! Thanks again Blondiebritt!
Kenosha, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Teaster Lane the third week of October 2012, when visiting the Smoky Mountains area to see the fall colors. I've been to Pigeon Forge many times, and remember when Teaster Lane was a quick way to get around all of the traffic on the Parkway, but there wasn't much there. Now there are theaters, shopping areas and this new Hampton Inn. The decor in the main lobby/breakfast area is very inviting. There is a fireplace with some nice, comfortable couches and chairs and a couple of tables in one area, and then across the hall are the rest of the tables, with a wall that opens to reveal the breakfast buffet in the morning. Two things that I noted here, one was the fact that a large amount of the breakfast area was taken up with a long and high table and chairs. It seemed to me they could have gotten more regular tables in that space, thus would have been able to seat more people. The second thing I must note is that the breakfast buffet did not seem up to par with all of the other Hampton Inns I've stayed at. All they had were glazed doughnuts, but no danishes, which are always served at every Hampton Inn I've stayed at, and their hot foods didn't seem to really go together, such as scrambled eggs and sausage gravy one morning. It would have been nice to have sausages with the eggs, and the biscuits and gravy another day. (One other note on the breakfast buffet, and this is not addressed to this hotel in particular, but to every Hampton Inn, is that I've noticed they have switched from individual packets of oatmeal to a crockpot of already made oatmeal, with several toppings you can add. It may be cheaper this way, but I would think there would be more waste. Also, I don't think the already made oatmeal tastes very good.) The hotel has an indoor and an outdoor pool, and both were still operating in October. The downside was that the one whirlpool was outside, and since it got pretty chilly at night, I couldn't bring myself to go outside in a bathing suit, even though I'm sure the water was warm. A nice touch outside, however, was a gas fireplace and seating area next to the rear entrance, which we used several times during our four night stay. The rooms were perfect, beds comfortable, and in our double queen room we had a microwave and small refrigerator, which was handy. The shower had good water pressure. The room, and the entire hotel, was exceptionally clean. There is a business center with two computers, however it's a rather small room and with the door closed it was extremely hot inside. Maybe that is a way to keep people from playing on the computers too long...

The staff was friendly, however on Monday afternoon when we returned from a day in the mountains, I asked the desk clerk where the cookies were. Her response was they didn't have any, they were still trying to get that figured out, as they just opened in July (three months ago). I found that comment rather strange. And on the day we checked out, we left early in the morning because we had a long drive that day, and planned to grab a couple of 'to go' breakfast bags which are always on the front desk Monday-Friday. When we got downstairs, there were none. I asked the desk clerk for them, and she disappeared into the kitchen. When she came back, she brought two, one for me and one for my travel companion. I would have thought she would have restocked the little shelf that they sit on at the front desk, for other guests as well. These two incidents made me wonder if they really didn't quite have their act together yet, or if they were just cheap. I feel they need to get these things straightened out, because Hampton Inns are known for these little perks, and those of us who stay only at Hampton Inns when we travel look for, and expect, these little perks.

One last comment...when entering the hotel parking lot, drive very slowly because you will scrape the bottom of your car on the cement! Even at slow speed you will hit the incline, but at least you won't feel like you ripped off the bottom of your car. I do hope they get that fixed!

All in all, the hotel is very nice. And yes, I would stay here again, but would hope they have improved these several little things.

Room Tip: We were in 429 and the window faced the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank stars4me
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the delighful review! We are planning to have a complimentary snack available for our guests after December 2012. The Hampton Inn On the Go Breakfast Bags are available Monday thru Friday for our guests who are unable to enjoy the hot breakfast. I am happy to hear that the front desk agent was able to make some for your family upon your request. The breakfast attentendants stock the bags through-out the morning. Be assured that the breakfast attendant was informed that more breakfast bags were needed and it was restocked within minutes. Thank you again for staying with the new Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. We look forward to your next visit!
Olive Hill, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a very good place to stay in Pigeon Forge, close to just about everything and walking distance to a lot of stuff. Room was clean and the folks at the front desk were nice. They have a fire place with chairs to set around outside but... the smokers pretty much take that over so if you smoke (we don't) you would enjoy it but if you don't smoke you won't be able to use this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your Tripadvisor review! We have enjoyed many compliments about our outdoor fireplace patio. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with the new Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. Hope to see you soon!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Oct 22-23 and enjoyed everything about this hotel. We had stayed the night before at the Comfort Suites just down the street, and it was absolutely horrible! So when we arrived at Hampton, we were tired, and jaded by our previous nights accomodations. What a relief, everything about the Hampton was great. I personally love the fact that duvets are washed for every new guest. The bed was so comfortable, so clean, upscale linens, that I actually slept longer than normal. Everything was super clean, which is enormously important to me. The location on Teaster Lane is ideal, as it is close to everything, but far enough off of the Parkway to be quiet, and less traffic. I would recommend this hotel above any that we have stayed at this entire year!

1 Thank pam144
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge offers a great nights sleep with our Cloud 9 Bedding. This includes the crisp duvet cover, the "down - like" duvet insert, multiple fluffy pillows ( mixture of down and foam), and the hightest of quality sheets. Thank you for mentioning that all of the linen and duvets get washed with every new guest! Our Hilton guests deserve the best and it is satisfying to know that your family enjoyed your stay with the new Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. We look forward to your next visit to the Smoky Mountains.