“Party "hotel" (it shouldn't be called that)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Inn & Suites

You added Americana Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americana Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #92 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Party "hotel" (it shouldn't be called that)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel back in June of 2014. When I pulled up I did not know where the main office was because it is not marked. Luckily I seen through the windows the front desk. I walked in and there was absolutely no air on, on top of that their computers were down so I couldn't check in until later. So I left and came back deciding I would give it a chance anyways. Well I had a one year old with me and I made sure I told them I have a one year old with me. They put us up on the 4th floor. When we get up to the 4th floor the tables on the balcony had all kinds of bottles of alcohol all over them and all over the balcony. The parking lot didn't look very full at all even at 11 o clock at night there were not many people there. We went to bed at about 12 and at about 1:30 there were so many young people at the hotel that we could not open our door without someone falling in the door way. They were loud, they had A LOT of alcohol, they were smoking God only knows what, and they kept hitting the walls, our window, and our door. We had to call the police twice. The next morning we walked outside and the pool had alcohol cans and bottles all in it. We went to see about breakfast and decided to bail because it looked terrible. On top of all that the beds were uncomfortable, the shower was super gross, there was a hole in the wall in the bathroom, we never found the remote to the T.V and they only had one towel and wash cloth. When I went to check out all the other people were getting their money back and leaving because of their horrible stay. I however did not get my money back because they tried to say we were apart of the partying because we were so young. NO I HAD MY HUSBAND AND BABY WITH ME I WAS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, PARTYING. I just wanted to have a nice family vacation but wasn't aloud to have that due to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I stayed at the Americana fall of 2014 I had stayed at this motel many years before and it was nice but now it is a disgusting dirty run down total dump do not let the pictures in there ads fool you there was not any area of this motel that was clean,rooms are dirty and smell bad with worn out fixtures bedding and carpet. I would have left after seeing the place but if you leave they will charge you anyway also they tried to charge me a higher rate on arrival even though I had paid in full for the room when I reserved it.I have never written a review on anything before but felt I had to warn people about this place. Do not stay there you will regret it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and the lack of consistency. We are also sorry to hear the property does not meet your standard of expectations and we will use this review as a tool to provide an excellent service to future travelers.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Just don't do it. A positive there were no bugs and it was only $65. The pillow cases had big brown stains. When I called down to request clean ones that night the attendant asked for 10min to find some. Of the four she gave me none matched and only two were almost completely white. If your staying here Don't even think about eating the free breakfast HAHA! An odd women was bringing food out of a utility room. Biscutts that looked to be at least two days old cold and hard. Something that was supposed to be gravy, blueberry bagels which had what appeard to be light molding visible and cereal. We let our six year old get some of the cheerios he ate two and spit them out!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing about the housekeeping issues in your room . This helps us to quickly fix the problem (and we do ask guests to let us know during their stay if we can resolve any issue so that they may enjoy a restful stay. I apologize that our breakfast was not up to your standard, as we do serve a variety of hot and cold items every morning. Thank you for your time and attention.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

All the faucets leaked, mold in the showers and the glass shower door fell off onto my foot while I was in the shower. There were bars of used soap in the tub when we arrived. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in months. To top it off, I got a hair in my mouth after using the sand paper type towels. When I complained, I had to deal with the rudest staff I have ever encountered.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we thank you for choosing Americana Inn & Suites, as your home away from home. We are sad to hear you are disappointed and feel you have not been treated fairly. We also apologize about your accident with the shower door, and our maintenance personnel has since corrected the issue. We even try our hardest to correct issues before a guest arrives. We also apologize for the housekeeping issues you stated during your stay as well. Thank you for your time and attention.

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Taking a trip on a whim, we couldn't find any other motels that had rooms available, so we booked our stay on Priceline for $144/night/per room. At check-in we had to wait on the clerk for nearly ten minutes to show up at the front desk.
After check-in and arrival at our rooms, the T.V. didn't work and phone didn't work, and we were missing a TV remote. They promptly sent someone to rectify the issues (fast & expedient maintenance staff). The other room had a VERY SMALL TV (guessing next size up from 13"), to which the other room had the same issues. I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk!! The carpet was so dirty that after just a few trips through the room in stocking feet my socks were BLACK! the rest of the room seemed fairly decent.
During the night, we had MULTIPLE issues with people randomly knocking on doors, yelling "It's time to get up!", and running away. From what I gather, the whole wing experienced this!
After my SLEEPLESS night, we went down for our Continental Breakfast. Waffles were good, biscuits were ICE COLD (even with the hot FLOUR gravy), and the milk for the cereal had been setting out in the open for some time.
At check-out, the same two individuals that were working 11-13 hours prior were still working.
Unbelievable!
It's my understanding that this use to be a HO-JO that had been revamped. They really need to get on with the revamping part and get it done or DON'T WASTE THE TIME OR MONEY STAYING!

Dear Valued Guest:

I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your stay. I am also very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences, especially that we were not able to address the issues right away. I assure you that we are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations while addressing our policies and procedures for minimizing and attending to these situations. Through guest feedback like yours, we are better able to address such issues quickly and to thus improve the guest experience for future visitors and for your own future visits.

, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Reading the reviews before i post my own made me feel like a king. Our room was clean and the sheets were clean and the pillows were clean and the toilet was clean but the bathroom door wouldnt stay shut. the shower water was HOT!!!! watch your kids. and the location is supreme. chicken and waffles right next door. "The Island" Right behind us, literally walking distance, go karts candy food fun excitement all right out the front door. I honestly couldnt say anything bad about this place. other than the door and unsecured wifi, dont do business on unsecured WIFI EVER. Ill stay at this one again. and if my room is filthy like some say it is then ill politely ask for another room. Sometimes demanding only needs to be done after they have been given a second chance.

Room Tip: its loud every where till about 11pm
Dear Valued Guest:
I’m glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and great location. Reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experiences. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.
Granite City, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Very disgusting! Towels were very thin with holes in it. Toilet was broken. Told staff 3 times with no results! Worse place I ever stayed in. I cant believe this place is allowed to continue operating. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!"

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are so sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience staying with us. Reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experiences. Thank you again for your input.

Sheila

Been to Americana Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!