Hmmm...Where shall I start? As I was inquiring about a roomI asked the receptionist/owner if I could take a look at one of the rooms. She didn't seem interested in showing me a room instead she handed me a brochure and said "this is what the rooms look like" (Lol...that should have been a warning) BUT the brochure had a Howard Johnson sticker on it....so unfortunately I took the lady for her word. BIG MISTAKE! Also, I requested a ground level room near the pool...her reply "we don't have any available" come to find out...there were several available! Entered our room on the 4th floor(which is the top floor...not very close to the pool as requested) and the room had a smell to it...like a dirty smell! There weren't any towels in the room either. Decided to go and relax by the pool b/c we were Hot and Tired from searching for a room and the Hot tub was an unusual color. Then my daughter and I kept smelling something that smelt like POOP! So we moved our chairs to a different area of the pool...this seemed to help some. The deck of the pool was unkept with weeds growing near the hot tub almost as tall as the first floor, there were cigarette butts and beer cans on the pool deck and it was nasty. The drink machine near the pool was "out of order" and no other vending machines in sight. We finally got towels in our room at around 7pm and had to ask for washcloths. The housekeepers had a list of ppl waiting on linens, washcloths and towels. The next morning we get ready to go to the pool only to find that "IT'S CLOSED B/c someone POOPED in it the day before" WHAT, POOP IN THE POOL AND NO ONE TOLD US OR CLOSED THE POOL WHEN IT HAPPENED"? This is when I started asking questions and come to find out that the reason we smelled poop while we were sitting by the pool the previous day is b/c WE WERE SITTING BY THE POOP THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED FROM THE POOL BY A CUSTOMER b/c the owner refused to remove it herself! No one even mentioned to us at check in that someone had pooped in the pool and my family swam in that same water!!!! I lost it at this point and demanded to speak with the manager along with SEVERAL other customers. The manager of course wasn't available and the maintenance man told all of us upset customers to "get over it", the receptionist called the manager and they offered me $10 back or a free night stay! I refused both. The receptionist ended up calling the police on the upset customers b/c the manager wouldn't refund anyone's money. This place is disgusting, the staff is very very rude and I will never ever stay in this Hotel again...I'd rather sleep in my Car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly remodeled rooms, heated out door pool and hot tub. Free breakfast and Wi-Fi. Located in the heart of Pigeon Forge, only 2 miles from Dollywood and Splash Mountain. Minutes away from the Great Smokey Mountains and shopping at the Tanger Outlet mall. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americana Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Pigeon Forge Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Americana Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Americana Motel Pigeon Forge
- Americana Inn Pigeon Forge