“Wonderful stay!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   149 Community Center Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Wonderful stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family and I visited just this past weekend (5-23 to 5-26) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was clean as well as the rest of the hotel. Great pool area and the game room was simple but reasonably priced so we could play. Continental breakfast each morning was great and the food was fresh. The ONLY negative thing about the hotel was the staff wasn't very friendly. I realize they were quiet busy but it wouldn't have hurt them to smile some and be personable to the guests. We would stay again for the hotel itself...I just hope the staff will be a bit more relaxed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Greensboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Easy to find. Facility is in very good condition including the furniture. Excellent shower. Good breakfast. I coordinated a large group and staff easy to work with. Very good rate for our group.
Large rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I stay here when we come down every time for the indoor pool. The pool is always warm. We are disappointed when all the rooms are booked and can not stay. we stayed in a lot of different hotels and always are disappointed cause they are never as good as this one. We love Park gove inn. The staff is friendly. We tell everyone to stay here.

Room Tip: we loved every single room we gotten.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Richlands, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The indoor and outdoor pools were both nice and the game room was fun except for one game that was messed up. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

So excited to get this sister vacation started we drove all night our reservations were 5/1-5/5. We arrived at 4:30 am and checked to see if there were any available rooms and there were. So we checked in, settled and slept a few hours. Up and at it for the day, upon returning I noticed our room hadn't been serviced. I go to the front desk and inquire while my sister was getting ready for dinner. At first they couldn't tell me why then it came to they don't service a room on same day check in. It wasn't the easiest thing to figure out I guess staff of 2 and only one seemed to know what was going on. We had reservations at the Dixie Stampede so I couldn't wait around for the one on one service. Returning from dinner I gathered our dirty towels and took them to the desk to get clean ones, Marie went on and on about how and why our room wasn't serviced. She said I tried to call the room but no one answered. We were at dinner, Okay okay I get it. So day 2 the housekeeper does service our room the pretty things that go on the bed ended up piled in the chair and our air was turned off. The next day the comforter that was on my bed I had folded in half was left the same way I had left it. I put that comforter on my sisters bed to help her with softening the bed and used the light blanket from the drawer. Empty cups were left and no new cups were put in the place of the ones we used. There was a drink can left on top of the vending machine it was still there when we checked out, the floor of the elevators were not cleaned the whole time we were there. We did not make it to breakfast as it shuts down at 9:30, we didn't use the pool or hot tub there were many children in town for various athletic events and all we encountered were very polite. You have a decent hotel and I will return I'm sure. Encourage your housekeepers to try a little and give your desk team some lessons in customer service. I didn't get the guys name who checked us in but he was very polite, even told us where a few places were open for dinner one night. We were in 612 for 5 nights the only other issue is the doors slam hard and folks don't care about the jolting noise they make.

Room Tip: Room 612 has a view that overlooks the car wash and Kroger parking lot. You can see the cross on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Creedmoor, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here recently and cannot say enough good things about the hotel, registration staff and our whole experience. The check in was easy and staff very courteous, our room was clean, we got the room floor level we asked for with an incredible view of the mountains and first thing we saw was a beautiful giant cross atop a hill from our balcony. Being Christians this meant so much to us. We ate at the free continental breakfast and it was not a full breakfast but was plenty to fill us up. The hotel is very nicely located but not in the busy hub of the main drag. It is close enough to walk to a pickup for the Trolley and convenient to a nice grocery store. We love this place and will definitely recommend it as well as staying here again for future trips. Park Grove is great!

Room Tip: Ask for 7th floor facing mountains
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Only positive statement is the location, which is okay for Pigeon Forge. When I checked in, the younger lady was not very pleasant. I had to ask where the room was, she basically shoved the registration form at me and that was it. No welcoming feeling whatsoever. The hallways and rooms smelled awful. There was used soap and shampoo on the top of the shower from the previous guest, and in all the three days we were there the housekeeping stall never cleaned it up. I bet it is still there to this day. We had to go get batteries for the remote in one bedroom which did not work. The refrigerator was off when we arrived so we had to go get ice to pack our drinks and food until it got cold. The beds were awful, they sagged so badly in the center my husband & I did not sleep well for all three nights. The carpets were really dirty and not vacuumed while we were there. I had to put towels on the floor for my granddaughter so she would not get dirty. The 'breakfast' that was included was minimal and not very good. Whatever fruit they had in a bowl was horrible. Very little selection of food. The coffee was just flavored water. We ended up going to eat out instead after the first experience. For the almost $400 we spent to stay there, I would NOT recommend this to anyone with all the other choices in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
pgroveinn, Manager at Park Grove Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We thank you very much for the review and sincere apologize that your were not satisfied with your stay with us. However, none of the issues mentioned in the review were reported to us during your stay. Many of these are very small issues and we could have easily taken care if hose were reported to us during the stay, For this reason we feel skeptical about this review and feel that the review is motivated by other reasons than the actual facts.

For the other people who are reading this review, there are several other reviews on this site which confirms that our hotel is one of the cleanest hotel in the area with the friendly front desk staff.

Been to Park Grove Inn? Share your experiences!