“Enjoyed out stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Ellerbe, North Carolina
“Enjoyed out stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We enjoyed out stay at Park Grove Inn. The room was very clean and nice. The staff was very nice to us. Enjoyed the hot tub, breakfast & exercise room very much. It was close to everything we wanted to do. Plan on staying here again when we get a chance to go back to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. Close to the parkway. Rooms were very neat and clean. Kids loved the pool area. Big flat screen Tv. Free breakfast. We will definitely be staying here again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Christiansburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Just got back from staying at this hotel with my family. To be honest, we were so disappointed. The first family suite they put us in had the border on one side of the wall completely torn off in some parts and in other parts strips of border were barely hanging on. Where the border was completely gone, there were black mold every where. Along the top of the shower there also was mold. The room had a very musty smell especially when you turned on the air conditioner. I did tell them at the desk and they moved us. I ask to speak to the manager and he did not give me the time of day. Just said, "Ok, we are changing your room." Did not apoligize at all. We also found the first room very dirty. Even found old chewed beef jerky in the floor from whoever stayed before we got there. They moved us to a second room and that room was better but still not the cleaniest. Still had a musty smell and the air conditioner was very loud. It looked as if the air conditioner vents really needed a good cleaning. The indoor pool smelled highly of chlorine and every time we went, we would sneeze our heads off and get burny sore throats. It actually made one of our boys sick. I researched their symptoms on the internet about the indoor pool and it actually says that the symptoms comes from not having enough chlorine in the pool to take care of human sweat, urine and anything else that might be in the pool. The high chlorine smell is gas from not having enough chlorine. Internet says you should never be able to smell chlorine that strong in an indoor pool area. After not going back to the pool for a day, we were all back to normal. They took my money at check in and therefore would not give me refund to go anywhere else. They said only thing they could do is give me a gift certificate. I was told actually that they were not suppose to take my money at check in just in case of an emergency that we would have to check out. So if you stay here do not give cash up front.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

While visiting Gatlinburg we chose to stay at this hotel at the last minute because so many of the other hotels looked run down and nasty. This hotel was ok. The rooms are big with balconies. The night staff guys are really friendly. Wi-fi never worked even on our iphone in this hotel and we did call the desk about it. The bathroom in our room smelled like pee( thank God it was just a place for us to sleep only) The beds did not have bed bugs, i checked. But i really don't think that housekeeping does a good job. When we came back to the room our beds looked lumpy, like they just covered them back up without straightening out the sheets. There was also an envelope left in the room so that you could leave housekeeping a tip if you wanted to. i left no tip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have stayed here for the past 4 years. The past has been pretty good, this year, not so much! House keeping never cleaned, had to ask for towels/washrags, had to ask to be vacuumed. They did take the garbage out on their own. Didn't make the beds well, or do much else. There was a guy at the front desk in the afternoons who was great, not sure of his name though. Someone else, who I assume is the owner?, was at the desk during the day and he was not very nice. Acted like we were bothering him when we asked to have our room vacuumed again and when we asked for more towels. Had 3 other people in other rooms of our group also with issues, and as we were leaving another customer was in an argument with the "owner"? and was saying that he was giving bad service. Overall, it was ok, could have been worse, but customer service could have been a lot better also!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We booked our room several months back along with a room for my mom and her husband. The room was booked by telephone through the hotel. We arrived and were pleased with the front desk staff and with the accomadations as well. We had booked the family, room was clean, carpet a little stained, few places wallpaper was peeling off, and the beds were very comfy. We liked that both rooms had doors out to the private balcony. My moms room was right next door, and they were pleased as well. Walked through the indoor pool area to go to the outdoor pool. The indoor pool seemed dark and dingy. Outdoor pool was small, not alot of chairs, but was sufficent for us. Breakfast was the normal continental breakfast most hotels serve. Exercise room had one bike, one elliptical and one treadmill. I didnt like the fact that the breakfast line ran along in front of the room and people were able to watch me working out. We had already discussed booking this hotel again in the spring as it was conveinent to waldens landing and several popular resturants as well as walking distance to the track. But those plans came to a screeching halt on our 3rd day. I had left the hotel with my mom to go shopping and recieved a call from my husband saying that someone from the hotel staff came knocking on the door telling him he needed to get out of the room. We still had one more day left, or at least I THOUGHT we did. I rushed back to the hotel and spoke with the girl on duty at the desk. She informed me that our reservation was through that day. I told her our reservation was through Thurs.she must be mistaken. I told her how we had booked the 2 rooms at the same time and she checked and my moms was through Thursday. She was very rude and said that we needed to leave as that room had someone waiting to get in, this was at 11 check in is at 3. She was sure that I had made the mistake and did not offer resolution to the problem. Could she not have given me another room at a discount or something? I was not given a total at check-in only asked to sign , a no smoking policy. I didnt know I needed to confirm my dates as they were never mentioned upon check-in. Regardless of who made the mistake, we were treated rudely. And her attitude was unacceptible. I went to the room and threw all of our belongings in the suitcases and took her the keys, even then she offered no resolution. I was very disappointed in the way we were treated. My husband said they came to the room 3 times within 15 minutes asking him to leave. I just dont understand how we booked 2 rooms at the same time and had different check out dates.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel several times and were always very pleased. However this time we had my handicapped sister with us. We booked the family suite so we could take care of her needs, but there was nothing to hand onto to lift herself off the toilet. We looked at 2 other rooms, included the handicapped room and it was the same. Though the handicapped room had lots of bars in the tub, and even had a shower chair, there are no bars on the wall near the toilet, so no way to lift herself off.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Grove Inn? Share your experiences!