Leisure Time a 2 br cabin in Hidden Springs

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

justsomeo...
Somewhere, WI
“Five stars just isn't enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

First off let me say I have never rented a cabin from a person before and was nervous. Dealing with Jack was a pleasure. He answered all of my questions and made me feel at ease. I received all of the directions/instructions and they were easy to understand and got us right to the cabin!

The location was perfect just a few minutes drive from all the attractions. I would guess that it is only 3 minutes from Dollywood! We were close enough to go home after the activities to change and clean-up for dinner.
We were going to stay in a hotel for the week we were on vacation but I talked my husband into letting us get this cabin instead. This cabin was perfect! It was spotless and even better then described in the listing. The price was extremely reasonable also. I honestly only paid a few dollars more for this cabin then I would have for some of the local hotels. Well worth the few dollars for the space and luxury of it!

We started every morning out on the deck in the rockers and drank coffee while enjoying the view. And everyone enjoyed having the hot tub out on the deck in the evenings when we were done with all the activities for the day. It was nice having the private hot tub that we could use 24/7!

We loved having 2 bedrooms which allowed the kids and us to have some privacy instead of being crammed into a small hotel room. We have 2 teens/preteens so having 2 bathrooms also helped so that we could all get ready. They also loved having their own TV also so they could watch what they wanted.

Having the washer and dryer was a huge plus as we could pack less and I loved not going home with a week’s worth of dirty laundry! It was also great having the kitchen. We really did not cook meals but did use it for coffee and snacks and to heat up leftovers.

While the pool is within walking distance we drove to it. It is downhill walking to the pool but a pretty steep incline walking back.

We enjoyed our stay so much we are returning again in 2013 and also hope to someday rent Jack’s condo in Myrtle Beach! Thanks Jack

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Having 2 bedrooms and the laundry facilities. Also the hot tub and deck.
Liked least: Only could stay a week!
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Mike_S472...
Ballston Lake, New York
“Great Value for your Visit to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I and our two children recently stayed at Leisure Time for a week. We found the cabin clean and fairly well appointed. The two bedrooms were spacious and the beds were fine. The location is in a very private community of similar cabin types, conveniently located just outside Dollywood and Splash Country (you actually have to turn into the entrance to these attractions to get to the cabin). As noted in the description it is very convenient to the parkway in Pigeon Forge where all of the restaurants and attractions are without being subject to all of the hustle and bustle. Gatlinburg is a short 6 mile drive away through a nice section of national forest. Large chain supermarkets are about 3 miles away in either direction for your grocery needs.

We found Leisure Time to be a great value and would definitely stay there again. We only had one small issue during our stay involving the electronic door lock on the cabin, which runs off of batteries. The lock stopped functioning because the batteries had run down. Once we got in contact with the owner, he quickly contacted his maintenance person who arrived within a half hour to remedy the situation.

As another reviewer had commented, the cabin does not offer Wi-Fi service, however our Sprint cell phone service was reliable. Pets of any kind are not allowed. One minor concern we had was the lack of additional garbage bags and paper towels, but we managed. A slightly more significant issue was the absence of oven mitts or pot holders, which made it a bit challenging to remove items from the oven. Otherwise the kitchen was reasonably equipped with all of the utensils, silverware, dishes, cups and cookware and appliances that you are likely to need, although they may seem a bit dated.

The community pool is enclosed with sliding glass doors on all sides that are kept open in nice weather. I would say it is within walking distance of the cabin, however its a good little walk and the grade is fairly steep, which could make it difficult for young children or the elderly. I would not recommend attempting with anyone confined to a wheel chair.

Overall I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a great value. This was our first vacation experience where we had a stand alone unit for our exclusive use. It was nice to come back after a day of sightseeing and be able to spread out a bit and unwind. After our stay, I can't imagine ever going on another trip where the four of us cram into a hotel room the size of a master bedroom and call it a vacation. We look forward to our next visit.

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, Value
Liked least: Lack of Wi-Fi/Internet Access
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Near Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Mary
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$110
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Jack F
16157920465
Speaks English
Listed since : Apr 2012
Response Rate: 90 %
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 5 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing