“Re-heated Food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Tallahassee, Florida
“Re-heated Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Well, I thought my rating as we went there would be at least a 4 based on our first visit a few months ago. Oh well. The young man that was cooking the last time was not there. My wife ordered the picadillo as she did last time with soft bananas and white rice. I ordered the grilled chicken with the hard fried bananas, tostones.

I am sorry to say that the picadillo was a large amount of beef which was somewhat dry and had zero ingredients other than ground beef. There were no peppers, onions, olives etc. if there wee you could not see or taste them! On top of that the white rice was obviously reheated. How many times we don’t know. Now how cheap is rice?

My grilled chicken was fresh & juicy and had a good amount of grilled onions on it. Good job there. However, my tostones like the rice were old reheated ones. They were almost as hard as hockey pucks check out the picture.

I guess fresh here is out of the question with the new cooks there. Obviously how your meal will turn out will depend on who’s cooking that day. So you can’t count on consistency. We have been visiting the area from Florida a few times a year and when we go back we won’t be stopping there again.

Yes, we still left a nice tip and went and stopped off to get a bite elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Paducah, KY
“Biggest Joke IN Pigeon Forge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My daughter and I traveled to Pigeon Forge for some quiet time and sight seeing. Always before we travel we look at reviews on trip advisor. This cafe had excellent reviews so we decided to give it a try. We went on a Wednesday. As we entered we saw 3 children at 3 separate tables doing homework and playing video games. No customers. The waiter was friendly and eager to give us suggestions. We ordered several items from the menu. The food was plentiful but bland. The cafe is so small and looks more like someones kitchen, How could this place be in the top 5 restaurants in Pigeon Forge? I believe the owners/workers wrote these amazing reviews. No other way around it. Would not advise anyone to waste their time here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“EXCELLENT CUBAN FOOD IN THE SMOKIES!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Although the restaurant is somewhat tight, the food and service more than makes up for it. This place offers Cuban favorites at modest prices. Although we were on vacation we missed our Miami croquettes and pastries. If youre in the area stop in for a cuban sandwich or featured special!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abingdon, Virginia
“I dont recommend this for the average American.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I dislike giving bad reviews but I have to be blunt on this one. The good is great. Very authentic and deliscious.

First of all, this place is located in a place the size of a matchbox; super small. Everybody around was speaking Cuban. It took 45 min to receive two sandwiches and it was packed. Our little 4 year old daughter didn't enjoy it either. Seemed as if everybody was keened in on us since we didn't really fit in.

The end result: We wished we would have skipped this restaurant on our weekend trip to the smokies. My wife and I will not return to this restaurant. If it was bigger, more family oriented, and maybe a little more friendly the it would be worth it.

Only one way to find out if your experience will be the same or different....give it a shot! And good luck!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy yummy yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food! They Cuban sandwiches poles apart in your mouth the meat stuck potato thing is excellent I'm a local person the night there at least once a week! Great food great people great service great food what more can you ask for!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere