“Great Location, view, and close to shows in Pigeon Forge” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 93 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great Location, view, and close to shows in Pigeon Forge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Quality Inn Parkway in Pigeon Forge has a great location. Walking distance to the Hatfield-McCoy Dinner Show Threatre, the Titanic Museum, Smoky Mountain Opry and others. The hotel was clean, but dated. It is a smaller Quality Inn. The front desk staff was very professional. The breakfast was typical for the Quality Inns. The mountain view rooms are quiet. They have a seasonal outside pool overlooking the Pigeon River.

Room Tip: Be Sure to ASK for the mountain view rooms! Do not stay street side if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Spur of the moment trip, we got a great deal! Great for truckers.. and its down the road from a flea market, just right off the interstate and a scenic view to the amusement areas and gaitlinburg! Quiet friendly place great for kids... never had any problems and the staff was very helpful! Would stay again in the future!

• Stayed July 2012
Kingsland, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Worst Quality Inn I've ever stayed in. It may influence me to avoid them all in the future. Cockroaches running on the walls and furniture, and the night manager gave me bug stuff to spray. Wouldn't eat breakfast because of the condition of the room, it was so dirty. Soiled sheets, the cockroaches, food under the edge of the bed, the edges of the room not vacuumed, what appears to be bloodstains on the walls, the microwave was so dirty we didn't even use the coffee maker because we didn't know. We've been traveling together for over 40 years on different budgets, stayed in an awful lot of quality inns with no complaints, and then this. This was disgusting.The management, while courteous and polite, were ineffectual with no help forthcoming.

Room Tip: I didn't hear of see any other rooms. They were full though.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnParkway, Manager at Quality Inn Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello. Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn. I'm sorry your stay was unpleasant. We do value our guests' feedback and strive to improve the experience of all our guests. We checked the room you stayed in and found nothing that you have described at all. Our rooms are treated every month for pests, and we called our pest control company to come treat your room after you left. He also found no trace of anything, so I wish you well and I hope you have a nice day.
Charleston, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is one of the first hotels you see once entering Pigeon Forge, beside the Titanic Museum....We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and found a coupon in hopes of them accepting it on a Saturday. Well the coupon didnt say anything about weekends extra, just said $39-$49, well the clerk said they could not honor that price for a weekend but could give me $10 off. We were so tired from the travelling I took it. Upon entering the room everything appeared to be neat and clean. No issues so far...they had an outside pool which was fine but there were no tables or umbrellas! The kids didnt mind it but i am not the type to sit in the hot sun all day. Later that evening I noticed that my socks were filthy from walking around the room, and the door knob in the bathroom kept sticking. The breakfast was very basic, and the kids said it wasnt very good. Biscuits rubbery. So i skipped it. For the price I paid I could have stayed at the second hotel we stayed at, a really nice hotel, for cheaper. Probably would not visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnParkway, Manager at Quality Inn Parkway, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Our guests' comments help us so much to know things that we can improve, and they show us the things that we are already doing to provide a great experience to our guests. I do apologize about the misunderstanding with the coupon, but the coupons do say $39 to $49 or $10 off. Hotels do charge more on the weekends because of supply and demand, so we are happy to offer our guests with our coupon the ten dollar discount on days with higher rates, which is an even better discount than AAA or a senior discount which only saves ten percent. We did put out our tables by the pool the first day it opened for the season, so I'm not sure what you meant about that. We got our umbrella a little later, so maybe that was after your stay, and I do apologize, but it is there now. Thank you for your feedback, and I assure you we are in the process of updating and improving the hotel in many areas, and I hope you will come back to see the new improvements. Thanks again, and have a nice day!
stoughton, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a 2 star or 3 star depending on who you talk to. The outside of the hotel has much to be desired, and they are also updating it on the inside. The breakfast did include eggs, and many other items. The carpets needed to be shampooed, but the room was clean overall. For the price I got what I paid for, a clean room, two Queen beds, and a good nights sleep. The rooms are rather narrow, but adequate in size. I specifically asked to be on an upper floor away from the pet friendly area and in the back of the hotel, where it was quiet and you did not hear anything but the wood creatures. My only four complaints were that they knocked on the door to clean the room at around 9 a.m., the phone did not work but they did come to the door and bang on it at 5 a.m. so we would not miss our flight home, and the worst thing anyone could do was to shut off the air conditioning when they cleaned my room so we returned to a sauna. When you stay at a hotel for more than one day that room belongs to you and they have no authority to shut off the air conditioning. When I complained to the front desk clerk she was in total agreement and said she would advise the cleaning staff. Also the hot water kept changing in temperature as you tried to take a shower. It did not have an anti-scald valve, but two knobs and as I said this hotel needed to be updated.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side away from traffic, on upper floors to be away from pets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello. Thank you for staying with us and for giving your review on TripAdvisor. Our guest responses really help us to know what we are doing right, and they let us know our areas of improvement. We are in the process of updating the hotel. We have made many improvements, and many more are on the way. We are addressing all the issues you have mentioned, and I would like to thank you again for staying with us and for providing us with your feedback. Have a nice day, and we hope you come to visit us again soon!
Toledo, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently took a vacation to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area to do some backpacking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. After a long drive through the mountains at night, we were greeted by the friendly manager, Chuck. Chuck assured us that everything was taken care of and that we could go directly to our room to relax for the night. The room was clean with no smoke or pet odor. The free continental breakfast was a great start to our mornings and fueled us through our hikes in the park. We would often see Chuck in the lobby and he was very helpful in suggesting trails to hike and restaurants to try. One morning the weather looked to be a bit spotty and we asked Chuck how quickly the weather can change in the mountains (we're not from a mountainous region) so that we could plan our day in the park accordingly. The room had a nice bathroom, tv, fridge, microwave, and coffee machine as well a stunning view behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side of the hotel will have a stunning view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn. I'm glad your stay with us was a pleasant one and that you had such a good time in the Smoky Mountains. Thank you also for providing your feedback about your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town. Thanks again, and have a nice day!
Laplace, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at this Motel in March,2013. The place was very clean, and the staff was very nice & helpful. Pretty good free breakfasts in the morning. The cost of the motel was very reasonable. We decided to stay an extra day, all in all stayed over a week! Oh yeah, the location was right in the middle of a lot of attractions!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your day to post a review. Thank you again, and I hope you come back to see us again soon!

Been to Quality Inn Parkway? Share your experiences!