“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Franklin, North Carolina
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been to the Vacation Lodge several times over several years and have had a wonderful experience each time! The rooms are very clean and nice. We decided to spend our 42nd anniversary here and was given an upgrade room by Kathy who was terrific in making our visit very memorable and comfortable. To be made to feel special by anyone in the hotel industry is very rare. Kathy was a joy when we made our reservations and the staff at the hotel were courteous and helpful. If you are planning a stay at the Vacation Lodge, call them instead of making reservations online. They will work with you on the price and too! We will definitely be going back!!

Room Tip: For a quieter stay, ask for a room on the back, away from the busy road. If you need a ground floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bland, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I would have to say this is one of the worst stays I have ever stayed in Pigeon Forge, TN. When we arrived at the front desk on Fri, Nov.30, we checked in and had to get a parking pass from a woman selling time shares....I don't want to be bothered by them and she was very pushy. After that, we went to our room and the room was very small. We stayed from Friday-Sunday and only had 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper with no backup supply. No coffee maker or ironing board. The walls are paper thin and could hear all doors slamming!!!! Our room was next to the breakfast area and from 6 on we heard slams and bangs from the cooks and doors slamming prior to opening! The breakfast wasn't stocked well....we went out to Flapjacks (awesome by the way). I was very disappointed in our stay. Also, the front desk was not nice at all. I WON"T EVER BE STAYING AT VACATION LODGE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Stay at the Riverside Tower.......
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pigeon Forge, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here last year and won't be back.

The rooms weren't necessarily dirty, but weren't clean either.

Needs an update, looks like the last one was in about 1989.

It would be fine as a budget hotel, but the prices they are charging are nearly on par with the rest of the BETTER hotels in the area.

I was getting changed in the morning and a housekeeper WALKED IN THE ROOM without knocking. I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. WTH?! I called the office and was credited for the night. For ONE night of three.

The room was the size of my closet.

I'm not going back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Lexing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

First time visiting Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Made reservations online and wanted to verify reservation as soon as I got into town (1030am) to make sure they were still on. Front desk lady offered to go ahead and switch rooms for me so I could check in then instead of waiting until 2pm. I declined as I was simply verifying before heading out for activities. Checked in at 145pm and talked with the front desk ladies (Linda and Sam) for about 45 min. They also had a travel agent (Robin) with her desk set up in the lobby to help get visitors good deals on attractions. Everyone was so pleasant there and fun to talk with. They gave me all the inside scoop of things to do, places to visit and food and drink to try while visiting their town. The hotel room was fine. Didn't spend too much time in it. The continental break was good too. Simple, but it did the job. I got great pricest for the rooms thru Hotwire, so I'll be looking them up on my next trip to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Person who booked us was very sweet, patient, and accommodating. Room was clean and odor free. Enjoyed the location and the breakfast offered was appealing. Really enjoyed our stay here. Great value! Didn't expect much as this was a last minute trip and booked what was available but we were very satisfied and plan on returning very soon to stay here in this lodge again and hopefully in the same room. We were on the end and slept peacefully without hearing screaming children running around or dogs barking.

• Stayed September 2012
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you are looking to save extra $$ then this hotel is a good choice. Our room was clean, warm, and overall not bad for an older hotel.

The cons: No iron so pack your own, and flat pillows.

The Pros: Good breakfast, good location, and our NO SMOKING room actually was a no smoking room which is good.

If the hotel allows smoking inside no smoking rooms I will never go back and give a bad review.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Torrance CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

A fairly large property in a central area for access to the Dolly Parton places. Our room was on the second level of three, with a nice semi-private balcony and view of the road, and parking on the same level. The room was large, with a small bathroom and sink outside the bath. Had a tiny refrigerator and a microwave. Daily maid service did only what was requested if we were in the room. There were some cheapskate touches, like tiny chips of soap, thin towels, and conventional TV. Biscuits w/ gravy and scrambled eggs (but no meat) were nice on the breakfast menu. Ladies at the front desk were nice and helpful. Everything but 3 small items worked.

Room Tip: Rented this as part of a package for Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, and hotel. Hard to tell what I paid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vacation Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!