“Family Reunion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Pines Log Home Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Country Pines Log Home Resort
You added Country Pines Log Home Resort to your Saves list
Country Pines Way, P. O. Box 1232, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #67 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Family Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We booked the Country Pines Lodge for a family reunion. The cabin was a great cabin for all of our families who attended. It was clean (other than carpets needing cleaned) and well equipped for everything we needed. The downstairs has a game room with pool table and other things, which was a great place for all the teenagers to hang out, but it was a bit musty smelling. The TWO hot tubs made plenty of space to hang out there too. Be aware that the website address is actually the Outrageous Cabins Office address. The resort is actually about a mile down the road.

There were a few reasons that I did not give this a five. One is because it advertised that they have Wi-Fi and my brother needed it only to find out that they no longer have Wi-Fi at the cabin. This was a real inconvenience. The other reason is I did not find the staff to be very friendly any of the times that I dealt with them. But most of all, the carpets need cleaned!! There were spots in several rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hilliard, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Location was not suited for nature. Our cabin, "Making Memories Too" was right by a busy road and all you heard was cars; very difficult to hear any nature. The cabin was clean except downstairs bathroom where the shower wouldn't drain. The hot tub was enjoyable at all hours. Our girls; 10-5-3 were able to enjoy the small playground a half mile away. The game cube only had one working controller. The location of the cabin was close to Dollywood and other tourist areas. We enjoyed our stay with lots of places to go and hear nature.

• Stayed August 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter made arrangements(no problems with that) for our trip and reserved cabin "Grace". We were very disappointed in this cabin! It was dirty, very outdated, furniture in bad condition and plumbing problems. We will not use this company again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
westland, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my first review on Trip Advisor and I wanted to share our terrible experience with the new management company running most of Country Pines. This is very similar to the previous review. Outrageous Cabins are terrible in running a business / vacation rental. I have some experience in this since I am a partner in a business and also have a vacation rental (run by a rental company) in Michigan. I feel really sorry for the individual owners of the cabins based on Outrageous Cabins taking over this year. I personally spoke to the owner of my rental cabin and shared our issues. He is a really great person with a really great cabin.

We have been coming to Country Pines for 10-11 years now (once a year) and my parents about 8-9 years (once a year). We have rented cabins right next to each other (about 10 yards apart sharing the same parking area) all of those years. It is a great family experience and one that has been very memorable for my family. I live in Michigan and my parents live in Pennsylvania so we do not see each other that often. Having the cabins right next to each other is what we want and why we stay at Country Pines (never looked elsewhere). Since we have such a great time we reserve our cabins a year in advance and pay the deposit.

My parents (Dad is 70 and on crutches with his foot being operated on and my Mom 68 (celebrating her birthday which was on Friday the 29th of March)). They arrived a day early and we were arriving on Saturday. My parents look forward all year to have the cabins right next to each other so my kids can run back and forth, sit outside, play freebie, etc. If we need some extra milk we are 10 yards away from each other, etc.

My Mom called crying on Friday afternoon.... This is where it starts....

They went to the place to check in at Country Pines (still had their office sign up pointing the way) and no one was there. No sign on the building, nothing. It turns out Outrageous Cabins are turning it into a rental cabin but again no sign. My parents then drove to their cabin and another family was there. He had to knock on the door and ask basically what is going on. They said they had the cabin and there was a building a couple miles away to check in and gave them directions. They went there and the people behind the counter basically said they did not have their reservation but luckily for my parents had one open unit they could move them into (about .25 miles away from where my cabin was and their old one). They then wanted to charge them more money and said they had to pay or they could not check in. Now my parents pulled out their contract and put it on the table. They said this was with the old company that owned Country Pines and they would see what they could do but they may have to find another place to stay. This is when my Mother called me crying. They were treated rudely. Eventually (after about 10-15 min of going back and forth) they got the other unit at the same price. I had the contract reviewed my a lawyer and it was more than likely still valid since Country Pines was still in place and on the resort.

Their answer was they emailed my parents to let them know the issue and where to check in. Funny the contract does not have their email and on the front page says no email please mail any information (also had their phone number). So no call, nothing in the mail. Also, they have my email and address and nothing about where to check in. I spoke to an "owner" of Outrageous Cabins and he stated they tried to email my parents. I will not go into the many times I caught the "owner" in lies (was pretty easy). I also requested the main "owner" Tom call me but still no phone call (over a week after I checked in). If you do a little internet research you can find who owns most of the company.

They checked on mine and I was still in the system so I was ok. I did not trust this so I called and was on hold for 30-45 min without any answer (just music). Had to call back on my drive down the next day.

The "owner" of Outrageous Cabins I spoke too gave many excuses and eventually gave my parents a free night (we did not ask for this at all). At the end of the day they broke a contract and really did nothing about it. Also, since I was in the cabin right next to what was supposed to be my parents I saw at least three different cars (all at different times) during time I was there and I think one night open. Why would they not move my parents into this cabin and rearrange the other people (and also help them move). The family that was there when my parents checked in checked out on Sunday and my parents could have stayed there until they checked out on Friday.

Other issues. The old owners used to pick up the trash every day or every other day (at least come and check), fixed any issues that came up pretty quickly and gave great attention to the guests. My parent’s toilet was leaking and took at least three days to fix after I really got on the “owner” of Outrageous Cabins about how the individual owner would feel about water leaking into their wood and causing structural issues.

If they respond to this, I am sure they will have lots of excuses, etc. but if you search Outrageous Cabins on Trip Advisor on message boards/threads they do not have a good track record.

This is a shame for the individual owners of the cabins. We would have booked our vacation for next year this past week but we did not and probably will not be back. That is guaranteed money out of their pockets for those two cabins.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mobile, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property four times in the past. Always clean and great prices. Rustic and beautiful. This stay I found new management "outrageous cabins" and a lot of headaches. When I checked in I had no problems but that evening while I was shopping with my family I noticed a missed call from the resort. When I called back I was informed I was given the wrong cabin and I needed to remove myself from that cabin and into the right one immediately. I was asked to stop my family plans and at 7:00 at night come and move right away. They would send someone around with a new key when I had vacated the cabin I had moved in. Not happy with this I stopped at the new office, which is now off site, and asked why I had to move as this was not my mistake. The exchange quickly became heated and I was told I had not paid for this "nicer" cabin, that I must move, and basically made to feel like my very presence was causing the other guest such misery. I was made to feel as if my comfort and circumstances were unfortunate but the other guest was definitely more preferred than I. Additionally, I was informed I should know what cabin I booked and what it looked like from online, although I booked by phone, which insinuated I was aware of the mixup. I was resistent to the move as we had unpacked and grocery shopped but I was informed that was my fault as the office had tried to call me. I let them know I was on VACATION and not sitting on my phone. Upon refusing to move cabins, the manager, who incidentally was not present, offered by phone to refund one night to change cabins. Not wanting to continue this ridiculous mess I agreed to do so much to the distress of my mother who felt it ridiculous they would move us over their mistake and make us feel like second class citizens. Additionally, we were not even offered assistance in the move. No further costumer service calls or apologies were offered. While the cabins are wonderful this experience makes me question the new management. Anyone who would treat repeat customers this way is sketchy at best. Beware and if I use this property again I will be sure all reservations, receipts, and cabin names match for sure. Terrible experience

• Stayed March 2013
harrisonburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Well, I would like to rate this better but the water pressure issue made the whole stay down a point or 2.

The cabins are not very scenic and in more like a neighborhood than in the country . They are about a10 min drive to most of the area attractions including dollywood.

The cabin itself was clean and in pretty good condition . It hadnt been remodeled in quite a while but was OK and we had no real issues.

Except, the water pressure was unbelievable. We had 15 people in our cabin and no one could shower if another was going or if the dishwasher was on or if the laundry was being done. The showers upstairs literally would not have water running out of them at all if the water downstairs was on at all. It was very frustrating as it is difficult to get 15 people out the door in the morning with one at a time showers and if you were later in the am, you may not get a shower at all. We complained to management about this 3 times and were told that it was just part of it and not worry about the low pressure . They advised to only have 1 shower at a time. Thanks for that.

I would not really recommend this place based on that. It was very frustrating but overall not a bad place.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Middleburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have stayed at this resort about 6 times. The cabins are very clean, the staff is friendly. The resort is quiet and away from all the noise of the main drag through Pigeon Forge and it's not far away from everything. We love the pool tables, fire places and just sitting out on the deck enjoying the outdoors. My only complaints would be that the hot tubs have way to much clorine in them and the prices for renting the cabins have double or close to tripled since we first starting renting here. We want to book a cabin for Easter 2013 but they have almost priced us out and we may have to look elsewhere. There is no big discount for frequent vistors.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Pines Log Home Resort? Share your experiences!