“Got it All Cabin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Big Bear Lodge and Resort

Big Bear Lodge and Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Big Bear Lodge and Resort
Save Saved
You added Big Bear Lodge and Resort to your Saves list
2645 Valley Heights Dr, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Got it All Cabin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I have been so busy that I keep forgetting to write me review. However, I found myself daydreaming of another vacation to Pigeon Forge, so I thought why not reveiw it. Mike is such a lovely person. He was so polite. He chatted with us about the area and was just a very genuine person. The cabin felt like home and it was in the perfect location! We celebrated my daughter's birthday there. Our son and our daughter said it was the best vacation they're ever had! I have to agree. I can't wait to go back. Got it all cabin is so centrally located. It's perfect! And what a great price as well!!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the condos at big bear resort this past weekend, and was absolutely amazed. Beautiful view, great price, exceptionally clean units! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed in Cabin 326. It is very nice. My understanding is that it is not one of the newer cabins but at any rate it was very nice. Very impressed with the cookware in the cabin. When we stay in the cabins, we eat in quite often. A lot of the cabins we have stayed in before did not have decent cookware. This cabin did. The hot tub on the back deck was very nice. My husband enjoyed the open deck on the top floor. He liked sitting out there each night before going to bed. This cabin is very close to the office and the outdoor pool. The indoor pool, recreation room, and exercise rooms are up the hill in the large condo building, but fairly easy to access. Overall, very nice and we would definitely consider staying here again. Warning: If you have a problem with steps, you might want to consider a different unit. This is a one bedroom unit and the bedroom is upstairs. Improvements: This unit does not have a grill for outdoor cooking and there is no internet service in the cabin (although it is available at the pool area and the office - just across the street). Parking is very limited - only enough space for one car which is usually not a problem for a one bedroom cabin.

Room Tip: Ask about outdoor grill, hot tub and steps if these are concerns or things you want.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Mountain Vista Getaway, Piegon Forge, TN gets 5 stars plus plus. My family of 19 stayed the weekend of 5-13-11. Booked the 6BR Cabin. We had been to Smokey Mts several time. This is the best accomdations we had every experienced. The staff was wonderful. The cabins were spotless and couldnt ask for a better location. Beautiful scenery from the deck. You cant miss it in pigeon forge, tn follow the huge white cross at light #3. We will definetely stay with them the next time we come to Smokey Mountain.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I went there for New Years Eve with 2 other people, they said the room was redone over, it was the worst place I have ever stayed in. They also had no water, so we could not use the bathroom, our stay was for 3 days and checked out next morning. They refused to refund any money to us and am taking them to small claims court. They make you fill out papers in order to get your key, they have no class at all. I beg you not to ever get a place from Big Baer Resorts. I'm sure when the judge see's this place, and not having any water, they should be ashamed of themselves, but I think they just don't care.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed at the Mountain Vista Getaways (also called the big bear lodge and resort). I was hesitant at first because I was not sure what we were booking. It was fabulous. We had a two bedroom cabin for 4 adults and two children. The cabin was roomy and very well decorated. Also, the cabin was in great condition and very clean. Mountain Vista Getaways is a cabin resort on a hill right off the main Parkway. They have several cabins and a condominium building. No driving up steep mountain drives - very close to the main area - but with enough trees and the hilltop to feel away from it all. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and we also had a hot tub on the back porch. We were able to park right in front of the cabin with plenty of room. We had the top two floors and there was a family staying below us on the lowest floor. It was not a problem. We never heard them. The kids had enough space and we were all happy. Oh, and the jacuzzi bathtub in the master bath was huge! I would stay here again without hesitation and I have been recommending this to my friends. Avoiding that steep mountain drive to a cabin at the top of a mountain - to stay at a cabin on a hill only two minutes from the center of town was fabulous.

Room Tip: Book a cabin on top, not the basement
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
bethel ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

O.k. I want to start by saying I usually do not complain about things but I am very upset with the cabin that we stayed in on our 6 night trip with a family of seven. I will start by explaining, 1st the carpet was filthy and stained so bad that I would not let my kids play on the floor. The carpet was stained in every room and the stairways, it almost looked like someone took two liters and pored them on the carpet. Thje rug in the living room was filthy, when we touched it you could feel how dirty it was. The phone in the cabin did not work. The worst part about the cabin is that it had a major leak from the hotwater heater that caused water to pour into the lower part of the cabin. We dealt with the leak for two nights. It was obvious it had been like this for a while from the way the ceiling was bubbled and damaged. This is a cabin that cost $185.00 per night plus fees and taxes times six nights. I spoke with the young lady at the desk on the Saturday before we were supposed to leave and let her now that I was upset at all the things wrong with the cabin and her exact words were to me "That would be the last cabin that I would rent to anyone" and knew exactly which one we were in. The desk clerk told me she would have the manager contact me and she did 3 days later and told me she would give me 10% of my money back ,I said that was fine and I was very nice, well the next day I recieved a call and she said I'm sorry I can not give you 10% off, because you recieved your nights free and the owner of that specific cabin would not be happy. On Saturday the desk clerk told me that the owner of this specific cabin does not have the cabin cleaned like the other owners do. I guess we were really ripped off almost $1,000 for six nights in a filthy cabin, broken pool table, hot tub without enough water to run, broken phone and a major leak in the lower floor........ I wish it would have been different :(

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Big Bear Lodge and Resort? Share your experiences!