“Great Weekend!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 93 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent a great weekend staying at the Timbers Lodge in Pigeon Forge the weekend of July 27th. The rooms were clean and we loved the way the inside of the room looked like an old log cabin. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.. We were very close to all area attractions and enjoyed an afternoon of lounging by the pool. Very relaxing time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We are so glad you ad a great time here at Timbers. We try our best to make all of our guest feel at home. Wish I could relax by our pool!! Come back and see us soon.

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We chose this hotel because it seemed to resemble a rustic log cabin and we were able to get enough beds in 1 room for our family of 5. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was great! We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Our loft rooms are some of our most popular. When you plan your next visit to Timbers, please call the hotel directly and ask for our TLC (Timbers Loyalty Club) rate. That is the rate we give our returning guests as a thank you. Again we are glad your stay with us was enjoyable. See you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Soon as we got there the check in was bad the guy was rude. We went to check are room out it was no view like they said they put us above the pool with bars on the view. It was loud buy the road. Dogs bark all night long. You can hear the people next door every word. There breakfast is no breakfast.. do not go to this hotel at all.. I have pic of the place were there is. Dirt in the floors and cracks in ceiling and nasty stuff hanging between the wood and therevis no cookies either they say

• Stayed August 2013
We regret that your stay was less than satisfactory. On the 2nd and 3rd floors above the pool, the bars are there to protect guests from falling or jumping into the pool. I understand that we showed you a couple of other rooms and you decided to stay in your original room. As far as our breakfast is concerned, we are limited to serving a continental breakfast. We have exceeded the traditional continental breakfast by including yogurt, bagels, cereal, grits and pancakes. We do try our best to make every guest's stay enjoyable. Again, we are sorry we could not accomplish this with you.
Lancaster, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Me and my family just returned from staying at timbers lodge and I have to say we were not very satisfied. Our room was full of knats,we told front desk and was told they could have maintenance spray.my wife and daughter experienced numerous bug bites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We regret that your stay was not satisfactory. Our staff tries their best to resolve any problems that arise while you are staying with us, but when we offered to have the room sprayed, you refused. We understand that leaving your room the time required would have been inconvenient. Again, I am sorry that your visit with us did not go better..
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were there from 7/13/2013 and stayed a week.The breakfast was good and the staff were nice.My room was clean and the beds comfy.We had a king suite with a jacuzzi which I loved.The pool was clean and my grandson loved it. Our room was facing the river which was nice and even had ducks you could feed.I liked the hardwood floors to.Susan was nice to help me with the trolley routes and her son was nice and dried my towels for me one morning.If I ever come back to Pigeon Forge,I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are so glad your stay with us was enjoyable for you and your grandson. Its a great time of year to take advantage of our pool. Please come back and see us again. Thank you for taking your valuable time to tell other folks about our special hotel. See you soon.
Detroit area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first stay here and my first stay at a dog-friendly hotel. Price was very reasonable considering 1) the location 2) caliber of hotel 3) dog-friendly 4) time of the year. I have never stayed in a dog friendly hotel - during reservation they asked whether I would have one and commented that they would ensure that a "pet-room" would be reserved. That comment concerned me because I assumed that meant they used only certain rooms for the dog owners and that as a result, those rooms may have been smellier. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. I think the fact that they have hardwood floors and NO rugs contributes to this. In addition, the beds didn't smell either (and were VERY comfy!).
We stayed in a basic room with two queen beds. It was a smaller room, but adequate for the weekend trip - 3 adults and 1 medium-sized dog. There was enough room for the dog crate and best of all, the hotel didn't object to customers leaving their dogs in the room alone. I've noticed a lot of hotels will not allow that and I think that's rather unreasonable, especially in the summer. I didn't want to be stuck with the dog being with me constantly (especially since we were in town for an anniversary party) and having to eat fast food the whole trip because we couldn't leave her in the car during hot weather to go into a sit-down restaurant. The hotel provides a door hanger that says "pet in room" so the housekeeping staff stays out while the dog is in there (which is what I would prefer anyway).
The grounds are nice as well, with benches in the dog-walking area, along with clean-up bags and garbage can. The hotel is on the river, but has two buildings, with only one of them directly on the river.
I didn't use the continental breakfast but what I saw of it was VERY limited, in addition to a very small area to eat (3 tables). Basically just pre-packaged pastries, coffee, juice, cereal and refrigerated pancakes that you can microwave. But there are certainly many, many breakfast restaurants to choose from the in the area, so it really wasn't a big deal.
Staff was extremely friendly and responsive. Lots of housekeeping staff as well.
Rooms could be a little thin-walled. Could hear the people upstairs walking around a lot, other showers and toilets going on and off, dogs in neighbor's room barking and whiny, but I don't think many of these things can be avoided and it was only during "normal hours" - in other words, night time was quiet. And if you're bringing your own dog and staying at that type of hotel, then I think you need to expect louder dogs than your own.
All in all it was a VERY good value for the money and an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If you want to be on the river, make sure you ask - not all rooms are near it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking time to let others know about our hotel. Come back and see us soon, and be sure to ask for our TLC rate - the rate we give our returning guests as a reward for their loyalty.
Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked a weekend getaway for my son's 13th birthday and our stay was amazing. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay special. The room was great with extra comfy beds, the pool was nice and the location of the lodge was convenient to many restaurants and attractions. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend. Thank you Timbers Lodge for making my son's birthday one he will never forget!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for our hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay memorable, and are glad your family had a great time here. Come back soon, and ask for our TLC rate. That is the rate we give our returning guests in appreciation for their loyalty.

Been to Timbers Lodge? Share your experiences!