“Good value - dog-friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Timbers Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Wears Valley Road East, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #28 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Detroit area
“Good value - dog-friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first stay here and my first stay at a dog-friendly hotel. Price was very reasonable considering 1) the location 2) caliber of hotel 3) dog-friendly 4) time of the year. I have never stayed in a dog friendly hotel - during reservation they asked whether I would have one and commented that they would ensure that a "pet-room" would be reserved. That comment concerned me because I assumed that meant they used only certain rooms for the dog owners and that as a result, those rooms may have been smellier. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. I think the fact that they have hardwood floors and NO rugs contributes to this. In addition, the beds didn't smell either (and were VERY comfy!).
We stayed in a basic room with two queen beds. It was a smaller room, but adequate for the weekend trip - 3 adults and 1 medium-sized dog. There was enough room for the dog crate and best of all, the hotel didn't object to customers leaving their dogs in the room alone. I've noticed a lot of hotels will not allow that and I think that's rather unreasonable, especially in the summer. I didn't want to be stuck with the dog being with me constantly (especially since we were in town for an anniversary party) and having to eat fast food the whole trip because we couldn't leave her in the car during hot weather to go into a sit-down restaurant. The hotel provides a door hanger that says "pet in room" so the housekeeping staff stays out while the dog is in there (which is what I would prefer anyway).
The grounds are nice as well, with benches in the dog-walking area, along with clean-up bags and garbage can. The hotel is on the river, but has two buildings, with only one of them directly on the river.
I didn't use the continental breakfast but what I saw of it was VERY limited, in addition to a very small area to eat (3 tables). Basically just pre-packaged pastries, coffee, juice, cereal and refrigerated pancakes that you can microwave. But there are certainly many, many breakfast restaurants to choose from the in the area, so it really wasn't a big deal.
Staff was extremely friendly and responsive. Lots of housekeeping staff as well.
Rooms could be a little thin-walled. Could hear the people upstairs walking around a lot, other showers and toilets going on and off, dogs in neighbor's room barking and whiny, but I don't think many of these things can be avoided and it was only during "normal hours" - in other words, night time was quiet. And if you're bringing your own dog and staying at that type of hotel, then I think you need to expect louder dogs than your own.
All in all it was a VERY good value for the money and an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If you want to be on the river, make sure you ask - not all rooms are near it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking time to let others know about our hotel. Come back and see us soon, and be sure to ask for our TLC rate - the rate we give our returning guests as a reward for their loyalty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked a weekend getaway for my son's 13th birthday and our stay was amazing. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay special. The room was great with extra comfy beds, the pool was nice and the location of the lodge was convenient to many restaurants and attractions. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend. Thank you Timbers Lodge for making my son's birthday one he will never forget!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for our hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay memorable, and are glad your family had a great time here. Come back soon, and ask for our TLC rate. That is the rate we give our returning guests in appreciation for their loyalty.
Pikeville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Staff was very courteous upon arrival. They were helpful with attraction information and although they do not have a public printer allowed me to print our e-tickets as needed.
We had a party of 7 and the adjoining rooms were ample for our sleeping needs. Beds were very comfy. I did not lift the mattress to search for bugs but saw no signs to give me cause. Bedding looked fresh and clean each morning. Floors and bathrooms were clean even in the corners.
Although they did not serve hot breakfast, the continental cold items were brought in each morning fresh and offered a good start with cereals and pastries, juice, milk and coffee.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel. Our goal is to make every guests stay a MORE than positive experience. Your review will help others choose Timbers for their next stay. Please come back and see us again, and don't forget to call the hotel and ask for the TLC Rate. This is the rate we give our returning guests to let them know how much we appreciate them, and it's the lowest rate we offer. See you again soon.
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was pet friendly, which we had our pets. There was a nice relaxing stream in back. We stayed six days, and would stay there again, another great thing I like about it was location. I had to go to Wal-Mart about three times, and it was just a couple of miles down the road. There were plenty of places to eat close by, and there was even a laundry mat a couple of blocks away. The staff was friendly.It was very quite, we didn't hear anything. We were saving money, so we got to stay an extra day. We all would recommend it. It is not fancy, but a nice place to stay. I am glad the price was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. My staff and I enjoy hearing good comments. The river is the highlight of many of our guests stays. Please come back and see us soon. Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a comment on Tripadvisor.
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked the loft room for my family vacation. We checked in late evening on the first day of our three night stay. First off we exit the elevator on the third floor and two dogs are running loose, owner of the dogs comes around the corner drunk slurring his speech. We have to walk past him and two others hanging out on walkway smelling of liquor looking as if the are lifetime residents. As we opened the door to the room there was a musty smell to the room and it just had a dirty feel to it, ok no big deal we turned on the ac to air out the room and we will check out the cleanliness of the room.
The first (kids) level of the room didn't look to bad but when my wife and I reached the loft area I knew we couldn't enjoy our vacation staying in this hotel. Stains on the walls above the night stands from the last guests. The bathroom sink for the upstairs bathroom is in the closet upstairs. It looked like a drunk painted the room (wall color accidently painted on ceiling, paint on wall so thin you can see the old color underneath, didn't even bother to paint four sq ft of the wall directly behind the toilet), popcorn peeling off ceiling, you can see where the tape from drywall has peeled of ceiling already, shower head is five feet high (shower on knees, only appropriate as my wife and I prayed for a better room). Almost as if the person in charge can't walk up stairs to check the loft area. It was late so we stayed the night with the intention of finding another hotel the next morning.
We where able to check out the next morning (along with two other families that I seen) and back out of the remaining two night we had reserved. Upon checking out the young man behind the counter ask what my problem with the room was and as I began to explain some of them to him he turned and started to walk into a separate room behind the front desk as if he didn't want to acknowledge them and said with attitude "You won't be charged for the other two nights" as he disappeared in the other room.
I looked at the pictures and read the reviews before I even booked this hotel and I have no idea how they got such good reviews. Stay Away

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Wow!! I am so surprised by your comments. We pride ourselves in being a family friendly, clean hotel with friendly staff.. We have no control over other guests, unless the incident is reported to the front desk, at which time we would have investigated. You can tell by our other reviews that most of our guests are extremely satisfied. We regret that your stay was not what you expected.
Sutton, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

we stay here in may...we had honey moon room...there was big spider web over window...and i seen a spider...i'm scared to deaf of them ... and room over top of us was noisy .manager was very nice... should have gave us a discount for the large webs plus the noise second nite... mike also we got ready to leave couldnt get checked out ...a lady was there that didnt know what to do...computers wouldnt work so she didnt know what to do...that was another hour waiting

Room Tip: this hotel was nice...i just didnt like the spider webs ...they were very large..second nite noisy a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are very glad you loved our hotel. Did you make our Front Desk aware of the spider web?? We would have been more than happy to take care of it immediately. I remember the morning that the computers went down. It was very chaotic. I regret you had to wait to check out. Please come back and give us another chance to make you completely satisfied.
Pasadena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed in the honeymoon room with the hot tub, but could not figure out how to use the jets which is ok because we did not come to Pigeon Forge for the hot tub. The room was clean, but not very well lit at night time. The staff were excellent and very helpful!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay @ Timbers. We appreciate your feedback. We are working on the lighting issue. Since so much of our rooms are wood, it is a challenge. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Timbers Lodge? Share your experiences!