“OK for One Night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Rochester, New York
“OK for One Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was passing through Pigeon Forge and needed a place to stay for the evening. I picked this hotel based on Internet reviews and the inexpensive rate. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. It turned out that I had been double charged for the room erroneously. It took a little while, but the error was fixed at check-in. The room itself was adequate but not terribly fresh. It looked like a room that has been used for quite a while and has not been renovated recently. The comforter on the bed was one size too small. The shower had good water pressure, but the shower head could have been higher. The wi-fi and TV reception were both very good. Although a free breakfast was offered, I did not partake. The in-room coffee maker worked well. If I am in the area again, I would consider a repeat stay, but I would also look at other options as well. There are many other hotels in the area that might be the same if not a bit better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rhonda D, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you bovenzba for giving us a review after your stay with us. I'm sorry that your check-in time was longer than usual while we corrected the extra charge and that it even happened in the first place. Thankfully, our staff are excellent at catching any mistakes and correcting as quickly as possible. Also, we are in the process of upgrading even more of the property which is taking a little time as we are staying open during this process. We don't want to miss seeing our regulars and new faces when they come to town. Things are getting better everyday and will be great in the very near future. With that being said, I hope that when you come to visit again, you choose to stay with us and become a part of the new, exciting things that are going on here. Call and ask for Rhonda next time and book directly with me. We will do everything to meet your needs and ensure your stay is excellent. We look forward to seeing you and hope that we can become your home away from home while travelling.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived about 11:00 at night, and had previously made reservations. We should have been able to check-in rather quickly, right? Well the front desk clerk, while she was pleasant enough to work with, was also as slow as molasses! There were two people ahead of us in line, and it took about 20 minutes before she got to us! Overall the room was clean, although my traveling companion said that his non-smoking room smelled like smoke. It is right on the strip, so there is much outside noise- I was woken up by sirens the first night, but running the fan/ac drowned most of it out. Breakfast was less than I expected. The website claims "including waffles and an assortment of pastries." Well, no waffles (thigh there were small, hard biscuits, and hot, rather bland gravy), and the pastries consisted of tiny bagels and mini waffles. We ended up going to Shoney's next door (DON'T BOTHER), and a pancake house down the road. They also advertise "high-speed internet". What a joke! They had several options to join, but they were all slow. I know this because I had to keep jumping between them as one would stop working for a while, then another would. While this was irritating with my mild usage, I can only imagine if someone NEEDED to use it! All that said, it was a safe, relatively clean place to stay for cheap.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
rhondadye, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you spiral1025 for giving us a review. I'm sorry that the check in time was lengthy even with the two other people ahead of you. As we were having internet issues with our provider that night, it did slow down the check in process that night. As it also slowed down the WiFi speed. We have since called out our tech and discussed the issue with our provider and corrected the problem. I'm also sorry that the breakfast was not what you were expecting. We have put in for the change on the website for the typo to be fixed to biscuits and gravy. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean room and we would have been more than happy to change your companion to a room that didn't smell of smoke. Unfortunately, we are constantly having a problem with people smoking in non-smoking rooms. Please call direct and ask for Rhonda to plan your next stay and give us a chance to take care of you. Thank you again.
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

It was late and we decided to get a room and stay in Pigeon Forge for a night. We had called around and got no vacancy, and the ones that had rooms jacked the prices up. We were tempted to just drive home, but thankfully found Travel lodge. Great price, clean room, and a great breakfast the next morning. Mrs. Rhonda is a life saver! Will stay here again next time and will recommend to our friends.

• Stayed June 2014
rhondadye, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you very much GatorFans3 for taking the time to review us. We are happy that we were able to meet your needs with a great room and breakfast for a great price. Personally, I'm pleased that you stopped in and I was able to take care of you. Call and ask for me, Rhonda, to make reservations for your next stay. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Travelodge Inn and Suites Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!