“WOW! Great place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“WOW! Great place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husbands company books this hotel every 18 months for conferences but us spouses get to enjoy the ameneties of the hotel and the the towns surroundings while they are all in meetings :) This year was my first trip, and I LOVED this hotel!!

We had a double queen room with a fireplace and a beautiful view of the river from our 7th floor balcony. The rooms were extra nice and clean.

I like how the the hotel sits off the main road so you don't have to deal with a lot of traffic, and The Music Road Hotel and The Music Road Inn (across the street) are a joint hotel. In order to take advantage of the fitness center, you have to go across the street to the Inn. That was probably the only negative thing I have about my stay.

Great for hotel for kids because of it's mini water park with a lazy river, pool and slides.

I had a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in 705 and it was very nice. Great view with a fireplace.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was such a pleasant surprise to find this hotel and spend a two-night stay after a long two-week trip. When traveling, I tend to book reservations in hotels we've stayed in previously, but this time I stepped outside the box and booked a new hotel to us - the Music Road Hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN - and I am so glad I did. This is a lovely hotel with friendly people, a beautiful backdrop of a large flowing stream behind the hotel with Canadian geese and mallard ducks enjoying the water; and a beautiful stone wall balcony. As you enter the hotel, you are in a large open area with a large stone fireplace and a beautifully decorated sitting area. The hotel is very clean, open, and large; very welcoming. The desk clerk was very nice and registration was quick and easy. Our room was on the second floor - Room 210. It was very nice and spacious, with two queen beds, a closet with a fridge and microwave contained in it, and a large spacious two-sink lavatory. The air conditioner worked quite well, and I am very hot-natured so I like my A/C cold. The rate for this room was $70.20/night, tax of $8.60 (9.75% tax), for a total charge per night of $78.80. We decided to spend a second night, which did not prove to be a problem. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is the breakfast area and the foods that are prepared. There were several ladies working in the breakfast area but I saw most of them just standing in the kitchen talking. With as many ladies as were standing in the kitchen, they could have been picking up trays from the guests, asking if they need coffee/juice refills, etc. I also want to mention that some of the food items were stale, such as the cereals, and again most items are microwaved, eggs were the consistency and taste of powdered eggs, bacon was microwaved and at times looked like leather, and most of all -- THERE WAS NOT A WAFFLE MAKER, which is a breakfast staple in case all other foods fail discriminating tastes. Everything about our stay at the Music Road Hotel was wonderful, with the exception of the breakfast, and we will definitely stay there again very soon. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Sevierville-Pigeon Forge area. We loved it!

Room Tip: Our room was 210. It had a balcony on the second floor and overlooked the parking lot facing the fr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Music Road Hotel was such a pleasant experience. The most important factor was that the room & bathroom was very clean! The staff was helpful & friendly. The sitting area with rocking chairs facing the river was relaxing. The breakfast was absolutely DELICIOUS with a wide variety of foods to choose from.

This was my first visit to the hotel, but it won't be the last! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My fiancee and I stay here four days last week,and now he doesn"t want to stay anywhere else.The hotel staff was excellent,very friendly and helpful.Had a wonderful view of the river from our fifth floor room,breakfast was great,outdoor pool facilities were A-1,and opened for use.Can"t wait to go back in June and stay at this wonderful place again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed 1 night for spring break. The room was very clean, the indoor pool was great. They already have the outdoor pool open, a little cool, but the lazy river outside was very warm.
Breakfast was good. Would love to come back this summer when you could enjoy the outdoor pool and lazy river.

Room Tip: We had a view of the outdoor pool, but the creek side is so nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband surprised me with a stay here for our first anniversary. I was very pleased with his choice. The staff is nice and friendly, the sitting area downstairs is beautiful and cozy with a huge rock fireplace, the view of the river and Pigeon Forge was stunning from our 5th floor balcony. Loved the jucuzzi in the room. The bed was comfortable, I slept so good, and the breakfast was really good. Really nice breakfast area. The only thing that I would change is the indoor pool area. It's awesome, but the chlorine smell was a little too strong for us, so we didn't stay and swim. The outdoor pool area is very pretty. We would stay here again. It was very pleasant overall

Room Tip: We were on fifth floor, room 519. Beautiful view from the balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I researched hotels and cabins for months before I chose Music Road Hotel for me and Mom to stay for our road trip to Tennessee. I am glad I choose this one. I booked the family suite overlooking the stream. The balcony was very big and it wrapped around the entire side of room. View was great. Booking was easy and we also received a discount for spring break. The bathroom was very nice with 2 sinks and a bench to utilize while getting ready. The beds were very comfortable. The only complaint I would have is the channel selection on TV. They did not have a good selection for my liking. Also, the front desk was not very friendly when we checked in. Other than that if we had questions, everyone was nice to help if we asked. Lobby was beautiful and my expectations were over exceeded for the look and feel of the hotel. It was much more than I expected, great price for what you get. The other complaint would be the gym is across the street at the inn which was no big deal but none of the equipment worked so that was very upsetting I was not able to work out while on vacation. The pictures on website were exactly what the rooms looked liked so very helpful when booking.

Room Tip: The family suite was great with a wrap around balcony that faced the stream. Very pretty.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Music Road Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!